Thoughts on Pre-Orders and Posting the Album Early

Ok, so I'm probably a couple of days early with this, but I still thought I'd post this now and put my thoughts out there...

So - a lot of the pre-orders are supposed to ship this Thursday - I know the FBR one does and I think the Smartpunk one does as well...and that means some people might get the album as early as Friday. And who knows - maybe someone will get it earlier than that...I'm sure there are promo copies and the like out there.

I guess I just want to say - when you get it - if you get it early - don't rip it and post it online. I know there are tons of people in the UK and other countries who are dying to hear it and have already pre-ordered it in their country and yeah, I totally understand them wanting to hear it when the U.S. fans get to hear it.

But, when you post something here or on the LJ community or the paramore.org boards, it doesn't take very much time at all before it's all over the internet. And while I have no doubt that just about everyone on these boards or in the LJ community is absolutely going to buy the album, whether they hear it early or not, there are probably a lot of folks on the internet who won't buy it if they can get it for free. And that just sucks for Paramore - it doesn't support them any and it certainly doesn't help important things like their first week sales numbers.

So, I guess what I'm saying in a very long-winded way is just be careful what you do with the album whenever you get it...there are plenty of places already out there for people to preview it and hear enough to know whether they want to buy it or not...I just hate the thought of people who might have bought it getting it for free instead and not supporting the band we all love...

Just my thoughts...I'm sure some people will agree and some will disagree and that's cool...I'm definitely open to everyone's thoughts.

Honestly, I don't get what the whole rush is.

I mean sure, we're all extremely excited about it, but getting to listen to it a couple days earlier than most people isn't anything special. Its not going to change in the 5 days you could wait until the album officially releases.

As for downloading once its already been officially released...well, I live in a country where obtaining international CDs is difficult in itself, much less some band that hasn't really even hit mainstream yet. So I'd completely understand if people who are unable to get the CD resort to downloading; I just don't think they should be downloading for a set date, just as a courtesy to the band.

Honestly, I'm probably going to download it once its been officially released, but I'm definitely buying more than one copy as soon as I can.

To all those asian fans who want to get a hold of an original copy of RIOT; PM me. I'll send it to you.

I'm just going to wait until it comes out

Not really that long, and so what if people hear it before me

Doesn't mean they love the band anymore or anything

I just want to have that moment where i get the CD in my hands

And listen to it for the first time :]

^ I know what you mean.

Going and buying the CD and having it in my hands makes it a lot more special than just downloading it. Which is why I'm only going to download a couple songs. But I love that feeling you get when you see the CD on the rack, and your heart goes 'thump thump thump' and you reach out and grasp it...

*sighs*

Now I really can't wait.

I'm not going to tell anyone what they should or shouldn't do...other than you should absolutely buy the album and you absolutely should NOT post links to leaks or leaked tracks on here. Those are the only two rules :)

And yeah, someone's going to post it no matter what...but why should it be one of us who spreads it all over the internet? idk...just my thoughts.

And if you do find out that it's leaked, don't post that here either...I'd prefer we not be the ones that send everyone scurrying all over trying to find it...

I was on the internet checking to see if it leaked and some guy posted the songs on his blog but they werent in great quality. You could hear talking...i think he bootlegged them from the hot topic listening parties. But he posted them but luckily he took them off. Lucky for Paramore, their fans confront people that post that shit and tell them to take it off! haha Go US!

Talk about it all you want - there's even a thread for it - just don't post links to it here. Seems like a fair compromise...

And yeah, of course - please buy the album...and don't share it with people you don't think are going to buy a copy...but I think most everyone here is cool with that.

I asked joy to get me a copy and she's going to ship it at around august.

I see no reason why I can't download it a few days after its released.

but I'm only downloading a couple of songs and then I'll be waiting for the cd to arrive.

no harm done I guess

But hey, the quality of the CD is so much better that's why I'm buying.

and this is my first time to order a cd of a band whose album is not available in our country.

that goes to show how much I love paramore.

eh lol I asked my friend Id buy her riot for her birthday and she insisted that I dont cause she wants to download it online.

Wait - she wants to download it for free online instead of having someone buy her a copy? I don't get that. You should buy her a copy anyway...

Wait - she wants to download it for free online instead of having someone buy her a copy? I don't get that. You should buy her a copy anyway...

yeah she told me she doesnt like cds all too much...I dont get it either but whatever.