I thought i would share this with you..

nemesis90

from AP.net (iv coloured come bits if you cant be bother to read it all, i dont blame you!)

this is from '05 btw

"haley has real talent, when she wrote all the songs on her acoustic guitar when she was a solo artist. Paramoure is generated by Atlantic records to build up her credit in the scene and fan base before they go national with her, fueld by ramen has nothing to do with paramoure, they make no decsisions on her, they dont fund her, they basicly front her on their label and get a cut of what she makes. haley is talented, but as for your CREATED statement, its the same thing, shes created for people in the "underground" to like so that people like you stick with her when shes as big as the other two mentiond female artists(doubling album sales, which they LOVE)....atlantic almost sent her to europe to develop a euro-sound. hows that for creation?"

someone asked whats his source

"i honestly wish i could tell you. but its someone who has had a huge impact on the band, and another person who knows how the deal works. but here are the obvious points of paramour"the CREATION" that are publiic. south by southwest fest in austin texas, haley played just her and her acoustic guitar (this fest isnt for the fans its more of an industry showcase). she then signed to atlantic or "fueled by ramen" as they would love you to think. so we will refer to it as fueld by atlantic. after being signed she formed a band, who, to her credit, arnt hired guns. while they were writing and demoing and all that fun stuff babmoozle happend. and if you ask anyone who was there, they will tell you this is tru. PAramoure was screamo for that day,even with a little breakdown. the A&Rs squashed it, then they thought about europe, now they are going with the "come up thru the emo scene struggleing"; bull shit, her paycheck is huge, and they could have a bus already if they wanted. i honestly wish i was lying cause to their credit they write good music, they are just the pawn of the major labels new way to make money, and anyone who would subject themselves to falsifying fans by them believing htey had to struggle like other bands ACTUALLY have is bullshit. personally i have no problem with bands signing to majors or being bumped up to majors. but when you sign a deal to front your band on an indie so you can double your album sales (underground/industry + mainstream) its bullshit. i honestly couldnt make this stuff up, ask around youll here the same thing."

What an idiot?!

i laughed so hard reading this

i love all the 'paramour's and the 'haley's!

how can you take this guy seriously?!

what do you think?

(every other post in that thread said something along the lines of 'haley is hot..' JESUS! learn her fricking name! argh)

for some odd reason.....i do find this to be amusing...but as far as "conspiracy theories" go....i REALLY like this one. Technically speaking....even how poor the grammar maybe, the story could be legitimate. Although, as a fan, I'm high skeptical....but it will stick with me...i'm not gonna rule it out just yet....i find it all very interesting...

I remember reading this back in 2005 when it was first posted. The label-created band theory was as ridiculous then as it is now. If a record label wanted to create a band around Hayley, I think they probably would have done something other than hire 2 brothers from the town in which she lived and the bassist from her funk cover band :)

Now if the argument is that FBR/Atlantic always expected big things from Paramore, I think that's absolutely true. They set up RIOT! to be a breakthrough record for them and did so pretty much perfectly in terms of how they've promoted and marketed it. It doesn't hurt that Paramore made a brilliant record too :)

The whole fronting on an indie label thing is just ridiculous too - FBR hasn't been an "indie" label for a long time...everyone knows about the distribution deals they have with Atlantic (I've read about them in Rolling Stone, Alt. Press and a bunch of other places) and those have been in place for a long, long time.

Oh, and I know tons of music "fans" who go to SXSW, so to claim it's "just" an industry showcase is pretty silly as well.

Basically what Brent says is true. Tons of fans go to sxsw, so that claim is just silly, and the distro deal with Atlantic has always been there. It's no different than the distro deal Drive-Thru used to have through Geffen, except for better cooperation, and Atlantic is stealing bands away from FBR and pushing them into the mainstream. I think if making Hayley a huge solo star were the case, Atlantic would have snagged her long ago.