1 member has voted

1. 1. What is your sexual orientation?

• Im a straight girl
    • Im a straight boy
    • Im a bi girl
    • Im a bi boy
    • Im a lesbian
    • Im gay

come out, the only person you're really hurting by keeping quite is yourself--not your family

yeah, it does hurt to be basically living a lie..but when i get in trouble, i get in trouble. i was once grounded for over 9 months straight. idk how to tell them either, my one cousin is constantly making fun of g.ay people and stuff, and my other cousin jokes around with it so idk where she stands with it. idk... any idea how to tell them all?

i've actually been thinking of ways to do that. like, maybe next time there talking about me getting married i just say that i'm not getting married and finding the right husband and having kids and stuff, and when they ask why i could just hint it? idk..i'm actually thinking of telling my one cousin today when she comes over. i'd just be the 2 of us, so it'd probably be easier. *shrugs*

i posted that yesterday, but yeah, i did end up telling her. we were walking home from school and i told her i had to tell her something important, but that she couldn't tell anyone, and she could tell by the seriousness of my tone that she really couldn't tell anyone. so when i told her i was a lesbian she was really ok with it...surprisingly. she and her brother are usually calling each other gay as an insult, or saying like "dude thats homo" and making fun of stuff like that, but she was fine with it. she actually was like "oohhh is that why you dont like when i make fun of gay people and stuff?" and said that she'd try to stop now.. habits are hard to break though, so i'll just give her a break. lol. sorry for the long rant. lol.

i remember being in the same situation. i wanted to tell my parents that i was bik, but i didnt know how they'd react or what they'd say, so i just kept my mouth shut. when i realized i was g.ay, i told them and they didn't believe me. they said that i believed i was g.ay but i'm actually straight, and being brainwashed into thinking it, and that if i try hard enough i can come to my senses. they also said that if i told anyone i'd get in trouble. i ended up telling my sister and my cousin by accident [in a convo about who we all liked], but there completely fine with it. my friends already knew before i told my parents, so there's nothing they can do about that now. i guess the hard part is not telling the rest of my family. theyre constantly talking about me having a bf and which guys are hot and stuff, but i just sit there and nod. and i know at least all of my dads side would be ok with it, my aunts brother [aunt by marriage not blood] is g.ay, and there all perfectly fine with it. and they love me so i know they'd be fine with me too. idk, it just hurts that i have to basically live a lie around my family.

ok sorry for all of that, hope you didn't actually spend the time to read it, i just needed to say that to someone. haha.

aw no i loved your story, im glad i took time to read it!

its INSPIRING! lol

i posted that yesterday, but yeah, i did end up telling her. we were walking home from school and i told her i had to tell her something important, but that she couldn't tell anyone, and she could tell by the seriousness of my tone that she really couldn't tell anyone. so when i told her i was a lesbian she was really ok with it...surprisingly. she and her brother are usually calling each other gay as an insult, or saying like "dude thats homo" and making fun of stuff like that, but she was fine with it. she actually was like "oohhh is that why you dont like when i make fun of gay people and stuff?" and said that she'd try to stop now.. habits are hard to break though, so i'll just give her a break. lol. sorry for the long rant. lol.

omg proudness!!!

well done hun!

they give my gay best friend a hard time, and they dont even know him, they just know hes gay! which is so mean!

so yeah, well done!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

aww thats horrible. i think my one cousins homophobic, but then again he's only 11, so he could grow out of it. i could only tell 2 of my cousins, my other cousins like 19 and i dont talk to him.

yeah im happy i told them.

yay im so happy that u told ur family......casue it is hard to do...the hole rejection thing...i still havent told some people in my family....and i dont plan on it.

aw that sucks. i dont think one of my cousins would be ok with it, one i dont think would really care, the other cousin isn't even a year old...so no point in telling him. haha. then i dont think my one gmom and gpop will be ok with it, my gmom would still lvoe me and stuff, but it'd be weird. but my other gmom, aunts and uncles, whatever, would all be ok with it.

any other g.ay/l.esbians in this thread...have any of you told your family? how would i be able to break it to everyone? cause its seriously killing me to be living this lie...

yeah, but you'll have to tell them eventually. when your all grown up and stuff i doubt you'll be able to get away with having a gf and stuff with your family not knowing. specially if you decide to live with her. and are you a lesbian or bi? j.w

lesbian.....the reason i havent told certain people in my family is cause i know they arnt going to expect it...and they will probably find out through family....i really dont care.... but then i do (cause they wont spend money on holidays) J.K. plus i dont want to make it weird......

lesbian.....the reason i havent told certain people in my family is cause i know they arnt going to expect it...and they will probably find out through family....i really dont care.... but then i do (cause they wont spend money on holidays) J.K. plus i dont want to make it weird......

i know what you mean. thats one of the things holding me back from telling them all, it'd be really weird. i dont care about them knowing or whether or not they'll accept me, i've accepted myself so thats all i care about. i just dont want holidays or dinners or bdays to be awkward. plus the one cousin i keep talking about i guarantee you would never shutup about it. stupid 11 year olds. lol.

but like i said before....i really want to tell them. god i being torn about this.

i know what you mean. thats one of the things holding me back from telling them all, it'd be really weird. i dont care about them knowing or whether or not they'll accept me, i've accepted myself so thats all i care about. i just dont want holidays or dinners or bdays to be awkward. plus the one cousin i keep talking about i guarantee you would never shutup about it. stupid 11 year olds. lol.

but like i said before....i really want to tell them. god i being torn about this.

i really think you should tell them, both of you [[lavina included]]don't know unless you try. i mean, i don't personally know your families or anything so, maybe it isn't the right decision, but living a lie to the people that are your own flesh and blood isn't going to turn out very good. which way would you rather have them find out--through someone else or from their daughter?--they'd probably be less likely to jump on you if they don't find out from a close friend or something.

anyway, that's just my opinion and i'm not forcing you to tell your parents but, you're only cheating yourself