1 member has voted

1. 1. What is your sexual orientation?

• Im a straight girl
    • Im a straight boy
    • Im a bi girl
    • Im a bi boy
    • Im a lesbian
    • Im gay

i really think you should tell them, both of you [[lavina included]]don't know unless you try. i mean, i don't personally know your families or anything so, maybe it isn't the right decision, but living a lie to the people that are your own flesh and isn't going to turn out very good. which way would you rather have them find out--through someone else or from their daughter?--they'd probably be less likely to jump on you if they don't find out from a close friend or something.

anyway, that's just my opinion and i'm not forcing you to tell your parents but, you're only cheating yourself

i dont know about lavina, but i already told my parents. i told my dad first casue i didn't want to dissapoint my mom whos excited for me getting married to the right guy and having kids. at first he didn't believe me and just blew it off. it was during final exams and when i told him he got this look of i-dont-believe-you/wtf/shocked all at once. then all he said was "we're not gonna talk about this now, you have more stuff to be worrying about, like your finals. but truth is i was worrying about telling them for over a month. my dad told my mom but neither of them said anything, then like a month later my mom set me down and talked to me while my dad was at work, saying things like "so you wont even giive guys a try?" or "your to young to know that" [to which i say, if your too young to know if your g.ay than your too young to know your straight] then after a 2 hour talk with her i had another 2 hour talk with the two of them when my dad got home. we talked alot about it and then they said that i cant tell my family or i'm in alot of trouble.

my aunt's [by marriage] brother is g.ay, and all of my dads side of the family is fine with it, so i know they'd be fine with me too. but its my moms side i'm worried about. idk about my gpop, i dont think he'd be ok with it at all. and my gmom is hard to tell. i dont think she'd be fine with it, but she loves me. it could just make things really weird.

omg sorry for the looooonnnnggggg paragraphs. no one has to read any of that.

way to go katie..^^

I havent been on this thread yet..lol so im lesbian.. and all my mates know but im shit scared about telling my mother...she aint the most open minded person so im really scared, but once i do it might be better, i dunno.

I also told the girl i liked..that i liked her and she said she likes me back as well but doesn't believe in long distance relastionships which im totally cool with, but it was sucha releif she didn't turn around and hate me..lol.

but thats my story..

and im single and looking..lol so yeah. haha.

-nicky

haha thanks XD

I used to be bi but since joining college I just found i couldn't get actracted to men anymore, and i relised i was gay. lol

sorry about that girl you liked...if you only lived an hour away from each other you sohuld have gone out, and like walked through parks and shopping malls holding hands..awww. hehe

oh no, it's ok, i read it anyway--so, you're not going to tell your immeditate family until later on in life or just not at all? or only tell some and hope that they don't tell?

and thank you irelandaoife :]

i'm defidently gonna tell them, i just dont know when...i'm ready to now. i just dont there ready for it...

i'm defidently gonna tell them, i just dont know when...i'm ready to now. i just dont there ready for it...

My best friend is bi, and her family is totally cool with it.

When she was coming out, she kind of asked them on their views of bisexuality and what would happen if one of their kids chose the lifestyle, and a few weeks later she just came out to all of her family and friends, and they were cool with it.

Personally, I'm straight, and I know a lot of bi and gay people, and most all of them have families that are cool with it.

I'm not saying to base your life on this but, if your parents really feel strongly about this then--maybe you should wait unitl the bi/gay community becomes more accepted. I mean, you love your family it seems like and, while it's not really the best thing to do, in long run it'll give you more time to build up to it.

i think my family will be alright with it...but it would maybe make things weird...idk. this is so annoying.

I honestly think it would blow over quickly.

Every time they look at you, I doubt they'll be thinking about how their kid is bi.

At the same time, if you do tell them, you have to make sure that they understand what the sexuality is all about, and why you feel that way.

Might sound cheesy, but it's probably what's best for acceptance going both ways.

Im Straight. I have been attracted to other girls, but Im only into guys, However I have so many bi/gay/lesbian freinds. I dont have a problem with it. My best friend who was the first guy I ever loved turned out to be gay, I was hurt that he didnt tell me, but ever since then Ive been ok with it. Still love him though.