VersaEmerge

PlzSpeakSoftly

I'm soooo ready for Father Sky and Let Down.

It makes me feel so ready because at the end of track eleven she sings "Well, my dear, I've worked with father sky"...

Also learned Up There on piano. Lovely.

Btw, Sam, you guys should do Mythology or Redesign Me (my favorite!!!)

To my ears from some of the stuff I've heard from the new album, they're clearly a band that although still has retained that pop rock image, has a more diverse range of influences than the pop rock crowd.

Hell, just the fact that Lost Tree exceeds 7 minutes proves that the band is more interested in creativity and artistic expression, rather than worrying about whether every single song on the album is going to be radio pop rock material and whether the attention span of seemingly 95 per cent of today's kids is capable of absorbing a song more than 3:30 long.

Whether they actually listen to that kinda stuff, I don't know, but the band is at times bordering on progressive rock with their compositions (I'd go so far to say Lost Tree IS a progressive rock song) which is pretty much the antithesis of what pop rock bands aim to do with their songs where their aim is to generally deliberately keep things simple.

That's not to say I don't appreciate simpler songs, but sometimes there is just something about a well executed prog rock song/song bordering on prog rock that can really own a simpler song and I think VersaEmerge manage to do this.