Boring now??

the1

Just out of interest, has anyone noticed how tame Josh seems to be live now? Same with Jeremy. They just don't seem to be into it recently. When I watch vids from 06 and earlier they are so energetic, with head banging and jumping and stuff, but now tbh they are so boring to watch, as though the energy they have has just completely depelted. Taylor is more energetic!!

Don;t boher flaming because it won't help, but if you disagree do say!

Growing older/extensive touring/not the same feeling anymore.

Take your pick from the above, bound to be one of the three. If, or when, they have a proper break, I'm sure afterwards they'll be more energetic. But since Riot! they have pretty much been touring constantly and it will have taken it's toll on them.

Well, I considered that..

But even on vids just after RIOT! came out, there seem to be NO sense of urgency from him. The edginess seems to be lost. Jeremy especially, when I first saw him playing live on vids from Warped 06 I thought he was really energetic, but now he just hangs around the back occasionaly bobbing his head. He used to throw the bass around, jump and headbang like crazy!!

Yeah, but the fact is that Josh is no longer putting on a show. And worse, he doesn't look like he's enjoying it! I would kill to be up there!

Look at groups like Foo Fighters, AC DC, even MCR. They have all been plaing for a while and they are sure as hell still energetic!

Whenever I see videos of him live he does seem bored. But at the show I went to last week, Josh was really, really fun and into it. He was making faces at the crowd. Sticking his tongue out. Smiling. Laughing. He high-fived people watching from the side of the stage. He ran and shook his butt with Jeremy on the platform. [usually it's just Jeremy who does that.] I think it just depends on their mood that day. They do work hard and it's been a lot of straight touring for them.

Yeah, but they don't tour as extensively as Paramore, and when they do tour it's usually with new material. By the time this current tour ends, they'll have pretty much been playing the same songs for the past 18 months. Those bands you listed have more than two albums so have a wider back-catalogue to choose from so, in theory, should be less likely to get bored.

Yeah, but they don't tour as extensively as Paramore, and when they do tour it's usually with new material. By the time this current tour ends, they'll have pretty much been playing the same songs for the past 18 months. Those bands you listed have more than two albums so have a wider back-catalogue to choose from so, in theory, should be less likely to get bored.

thats utter bullshit.

For fucks sake, MCR toured basically from 2006 straight till 2008, and all of them, Frank especially, were active on stage.

Paramore don't have it hard at all compared to alot of bands who don't get any mainstream exposure until MUCH late on in their career, and I'm talking about bands that are a hell of alot more talented.

Basically, it pisses me off. When i went to see them, I paid for a show and only half of the band gave it. NFG far outshone them, and it's a shame because Hayley Zac and Taylor really do seem into it!

I haven't watched a new live video in a while now because simply put there's no point. They don't even perform the AWKIF stuff in the right tuning anymore. Why would I wanna watch a boring live video? They just aren't exciting, and it disspaoints me that I couldn't see them when they were.

I think they're a little tired of Riot! too. night after night for like the past two years, i'd be tired of it too. I think once they're writing again and the new album comes out they'll be more energetic again. Hayley once said in an interview that it is tiring seeing kids faces night after night, so I think once this tour is over, they'll probably come up with some new techniques and strategies for the stage to go w/the new album.

Apologies for not exstensively knowing the in's and out's of the MCR touring schedule. Didnt one of them pull out of part of a tour through a wrist injury? Now MCR have been touring a lot longer than Paramore have so they will be much more used to the tolls of touring. Bands can have off nights, and I know all about that. I've seen less energetic performances from bigger bands, but thats the way they want to play. For all we know, Josh and Jeremy might now want to calm their live performances down.

Apologies for not exstensively knowing the in's and out's of the MCR touring schedule.

:rotfl:

i love you ross. ;-)

I don't think Riot! Was worse. AWKIF was their first album, it's the album that most of us fell in love w/ because it was their first. So for the oldish fans nothing will ever compare to AWKIF for us. But Paramore was very proud of Riot! And they have every right to be. They've progressed alot musically, maybe their energy has decreased a slight bit, but that happens, they're young and touring is all that they've known, they'll get their old stamina back soon.

:rotfl:

i love you ross. ;-)

I don't think Riot! Was worse. AWKIF was their first album, it's the album that most of us fell in love w/ because it was their first. So for the oldish fans nothing will ever compare to AWKIF for us. But Paramore was very proud of Riot! And they have every right to be. They've progressed alot musically, maybe their energy has decreased a slight bit, but that happens, they're young and touring is all that they've known, they'll get their old stamina back soon.

I love you too Sam. :)

What did I even do? Haha.