Boring now??

the1

In my opinion (it doesn't matter, I know)

butbut in my opinion :P :

Maturing is a very awful thing. Josh has grown upto be a very....very...very sexy man and we can all say he's grown since Warped 06. xD

It's the same with any guy. They're immature, pull pranks at one point, then the next few years they start being men. I like immature guys....but people just have to grow up once in lifetime. Except for Peter Pan and Michael Jackson...

o.o

And! Riot! has gotten really really big. Big = more work. Work = Tiredness.

Maybe he's just plain tired and that's why he seems so bitter and/or boring?

Other than that, Josh has his moments!

He's still funny!

And we can all say his sexiness rules all.

;D

That's better, calmed down now eh?

Yeah, I guess if most of the fans are sick of RIOT! the band would be too seeing as they live and breathe it lmao.

But, why is everyone sick of RIOT! ??

Personally, I just felt it was boring. There was nothing wrong with it, but it just was too bubble gum. Also, Paramore have been waaaaay over exposed in the press. I'm no longer excited to see them on the cover like I used to be

I agree.

I'm seeing Paramore in fangirl-y magazines like J14 or Popstar!

It's not a thrill anymore.

I used to waste all of my money because I saw Paramore on the cover of some awesome magazine.

Now they're...everywhere...

It's awesome that Paramore has made it big.

But it gets...boring.

I agree.

I'm seeing Paramore in fangirl-y magazines like J14 or Popstar!

It's not a thrill anymore.

I used to waste all of my money because I saw Paramore on the cover of some awesome magazine.

Now they're...everywhere...

It's awesome that Paramore has made it big.

But it gets...boring.

TWINS!

Now every time I see an article in a magazine I can usually bet that anything that's in it, we know already.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the reason I love bands like A7X so much is because they don't get so much coverage and don't expose themselves to much, and because of that they are still intriguing.

That's better, calmed down now eh?

Yeah, I guess if most of the fans are sick of RIOT! the band would be too seeing as they live and breathe it lmao.

But, why is everyone sick of RIOT! ??

Personally, I just felt it was boring. There was nothing wrong with it, but it just was too bubble gum. Also, Paramore have been waaaaay over exposed in the press. I'm no longer excited to see them on the cover like I used to be

Im sick of it because i just heard it so much and i seen them everywhere and plus its no more than your average pop record...ok its a little better than that but you can only take so much of that pop stuff before it gets to you, you know?

Yeah, but the fact is that Josh is no longer putting on a show. And worse, he doesn't look like he's enjoying it! I would kill to be up there!!

i was going to post a thread like this a few months ago but i figured people would take it the wrong way. im glad you started this because now i know im not the only one noticing it. i did notice it before they took their break a while back..so once they took a break i was like i knew they were getting tiered. but recently it seems like they are gettin back into it but i havent watched videos recently. hopefully once they come out with another cd and they have some time off they will be more excited and get more into it.

• 3 weeks later...

this is the paramore i remember....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEkCrp9TeU0

watching the older stuff makes me sad, haha

edit: but thats not to say that they dont still put on an energetic performance because honestly they are one of the few bands that I actually think sound better live than they do on the cd. not many bands can do that and I think they do it well. i just miss the crazier jumping around stuff they use to do.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm glad someone said something.

At my show during the final riot tour, he seemed even worse than usual. He seemed depressed almost... I dunno what came over me, but I just started crying. I was up front and he saw me crying while I watched him. He like stared at me the entire night.

I dunno if it's because he thought I was a freaky obsessed fan (haha), or maybe he recognized me from the previous meet and greet (doubt it), but the way he looked at me was like he was just dying inside.

To be honest, I'm really worried about him. I don't want to start anything, but this has been bugging me since the show.

this is the paramore i remember....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEkCrp9TeU0

watching the older stuff makes me sad, haha

I know what you mean.. and I've been torturing myself by watching a bunch of old videos lol. I miss them being so relateable. I mean they're still relateable, but they used to dress normal and there was just this personality about them that wasn't untouchable like it is now.

They've had their crazy time, now I think it's time to settle down and get... real again.

^ yeah i know what you mean, but i remember on warped tour 2007 someone from the band eventually came out and siad that josh was really upset out on tour and that he almost thought about quitting the band, and i think we were all shocked by that. its none of my buisness but i think thats why they dropped off that tour over in the UK i believe when they were with nfg and people though hayley was pregnant and that the band was breaking up..idk if you remember that? but yeah then on the tour they did last novemmber with the starting line and the almost i saw him and he looked sad so yeah..idk im glad they are kinda having a long break right now before they go and record their third album so maybe they will be re energized and ready for some more touring..i also think they were getting bored of playing the same songs over and over again every night. i know i would get sick of that and want to play new stuff so that could be part of it as well.

Wow, this makes me feel real better iconloloz5.gif

LOL

Anyway it's like that with like..everything. Looking at the past things always seem better. It happens to me all the time.

I hate being new, I always have this feeling I have to catch up with everything and I never will iconloloz5.gif

But I LOVE them so much even if I don't know them from the start and I guess that's the important thing. I love watching them live, I listen to their albums nonstop, I never get fed up.

And maybe I'm not entitled to express my opinion on this...but I would't say Josh is not enjoying what he does just because he headbangs less and things like that. I bet he still loves what he does, but he's obviously grown and I think he's got a more serious personality compared to the other band members.

He's kind of mysterious iconloloz5.gif

I noticed he hardly ever smiles and I guess sometimes he really comes across like he's mean, like he wrote on the official site, but, from what I could gather from people's stories, I think he's really sweet.

^I totally agree with you! :D

It doesn't matter when you found out about them, all that matters is that you like them.

And I too agree about Josh. I think he does enjoy what he does, like you said, he's kind of mysterious, but he's really quiet­ like as well. And sometimes people mistake that for being stuck up or mean, or that he doesn't like what he does.

I noticed he hardly ever smiles and I guess sometimes he really comes across like he's mean, like he wrote on the official site, but, from what I could gather from people's stories, I think he's really sweet.

Oh no, he definately has such a kind heart and he's really fun to be around, but you have to get him in the right mood. You kinda have to push him to be happy because he's kind of an introverted person, like his brother.

But we've seen how he was on a regular basis on stage, and to see that change is strange to me.

And don't worry about being a new fan... the people that say new fars are stupid are just insecure and are angry because they miss the old paramore :) I mean, I miss them too, but I don't blame fans for that :P

:crybad:

Why must things change?

You really have missed a lot, if you're a new fan.

yeah i know. i knew about them back in 05 and i remember when i bought their cd and where i was and everything..i never got to see them until 2006 on their headlining tour and it was the greatest show ive been to hands down. so much fun and just chilling with every member after the show. (not just in paramore, but in htl and this providence) and i mean ive been a fan of theirs since the beginning but i feel like i missed out on so much. i only got to see them once before they became huge. i wish i could go back in time and make everything work out...like the dates of the shows i always missed because of school or other reasons. it just sucks.

and josh is one of the sweetest people you could ever meet. i remember that day like yesterday because he was riding his scooter up and down the streets. posing for pictures, telling us stories...everything. he is def not shy as he says he his. i think maybe more recently he has started to watch things he says or does because they are so big now and because he has grown (now 21) he was 18 the first time i saw them. maturity has a big part like everyone else has said. i really miss them. im not going to say i miss the "old paramore" because as a whole i dont think they have changed that much. yes their style and what not but they are the same genuine and hilarious people i met three years ago.

I think the reason some fans who love the band or the people in the band for that matter from the beginning feel like they have changed is because when you just start loving a band it feels like somewhat special and you get excited of everything. at least it is for me... and then after like a year or two they grow up like everyone else and it's not just the age cause i don't think if you grow up a year you always become a lot more mature but after time people learn new things and they change and then you're kinda not that as excited as it was when you just found out about the band but you still love everything they do.. i guess things just change with time. im just saying what it is like for me :shifty:

yeah i know. i knew about them back in 05 and i remember when i bought their cd and where i was and everything..i never got to see them until 2006 on their headlining tour and it was the greatest show ive been to hands down. so much fun and just chilling with every member after the show. (not just in paramore, but in htl and this providence) and i mean ive been a fan of theirs since the beginning but i feel like i missed out on so much. i only got to see them once before they became huge. i wish i could go back in time and make everything work out...like the dates of the shows i always missed because of school or other reasons. it just sucks.

and josh is one of the sweetest people you could ever meet. i remember that day like yesterday because he was riding his scooter up and down the streets. posing for pictures, telling us stories...everything. he is def not shy as he says he his. i think maybe more recently he has started to watch things he says or does because they are so big now and because he has grown (now 21) he was 18 the first time i saw them. maturity has a big part like everyone else has said. i really miss them. im not going to say i miss the "old paramore" because as a whole i dont think they have changed that much. yes their style and what not but they are the same genuine and hilarious people i met three years ago.

I know. It makes me feel so sad. I wish I could've seen them back then. :/

I've been a fan since '06 and I didn't get to see them when they came close by, and now they're so big, I doubt I ever will get to see them. :nono:

I don't feel they've really changed as "people", it just makes me sad watching their old videos and stuff because I miss the innocence and rawness of their music. It's just sad. But that happens with all bands once they get noticed.