Boring now??

the1

I disagree with you concerning Jeremy, he was very energetic the 3 times I've seen the band; especially the last 2 concerts I've been. I was just in front of him and WOAH! And Taylor is awesome too.

Concerning Josh... Last year I found he was ok and energetic, but less these last months... I wasn't in front of him but I felt that he wasn't completely in the show. But I think he grew up and he is someone very calm by nature, he doesn't show his feelings. So it doesn't shock me.

Yeeeears??

No. Metallica have been playing the same songs or yeeeears. tbh if they are bored of playing their own music then ther are serious issues.

I just wish Josh and Jerm would go back to their old ways!

ok so what are you saying? do bands have to be around for as long as metallica for it to count as more than a year?

There a lot of things that could play into this. I mean lets face it, paramores songs aren't the most original. (it is pop after all) Playing songs like that can get boring especially when they dont mix it up much on the set list. You've also got to factor in that everything is rehearsed out so many times by them so every single show is pretty much exactly the same. I know if you lived the same night over and over again you'd get bored. Not too many bands actually do the same exact thing every night. the set list might be the same but maybe they change the way they play it or what they say to the crowd or even how long the encore will be if they do one. And as previously stated they have a small selection of songs to choose from so they cant change up their set list that much anyway.

But that isn't defending Paramore. That's just saying that they're so unoriginal that they can't even find a way to keep themselves entertained every night, unlike loooooads of other bands out that that put on great shows most of the time. If Paramore don't even have fun playing than that's their problem.

And RIOT! hasn't been out for long at all. Just over a year, right? That's nothing. Bands have toured on the back of the same album for much longer than that.

But that isn't defending Paramore. That's just saying that they're so unoriginal that they can't even find a way to keep themselves entertained every night, unlike loooooads of other bands out that that put on great shows most of the time. If Paramore don't even have fun playing than that's their problem.

And RIOT! hasn't been out for long at all. Just over a year, right? That's nothing. Bands have toured on the back of the same album for much longer than that.

actually it was defending them, the only thing i was saying that didnt really defend them was saying their music isnt exactly original. Which is true but they're working on that. Who cares about all the other bands that do that, are they paramore? no! so quit dragging other bands into this. You don't know whats going on with them right now. I was just saying that it is possible they could be worn out from all the touring they've done, its been pretty non stop since awkif.

For all you know they could be having problems within the band and dont wanna be around eachother but are finishing the tour for the fans. Don't get mad just because josh is tame, just enjoy the damn show and listen to the music because you could never do what they do.

Well, I saw them last night in Memphis, and Jeremy and Josh were being complete spazzes in my opinion. They were running back and forth, laughing, being silly and it honestly looked like they were having the time of their lives.

In the past however, I do agree, they havent been as energetic the past few tours. I agree with what seems to be most people in this thread, they'll probably bring the eneregy back when they have new stuff to play. It must get really mundane playing the same set every night.

actually it was defending them, the only thing i was saying that didnt really defend them was saying their music isnt exactly original. Which is true but they're working on that. Who cares about all the other bands that do that, are they paramore? no! so quit dragging other bands into this. You don't know whats going on with them right now. I was just saying that it is possible they could be worn out from all the touring they've done, its been pretty non stop since awkif.

For all you know they could be having problems within the band and dont wanna be around eachother but are finishing the tour for the fans. Don't get mad just because josh is tame, just enjoy the damn show and listen to the music because you could never do what they do.

:rotfl:

Your reasoning really is quite pathetic. Fanboy much? No, other bands don't have anything to do with it. But if Paramore can't compete with those bands then I'll stop wasting my money on their shit 2nd records and live shows.

As for that little comment, who the fuck are you to judge the future of someone you don't even know?

lmao

Of course! In fact, I freakin love them! But it's not puppy love- I just understand that they aren't perfect. Maybe calling RIOTE "shit" is a bit harsh but it's still nowhere near the energy of AWKIF

And I'm slightly bitter because I never got to see them at their "prime". I mean, NFG stole the show in Birmingham and their set was half as long!!!

FUCKEDY SHIT which Birmingham show ?! The last one ? If so, snap.

And i suppose i'm quite biased on this front- i really can't stand NFG :P so i can't say i was particularly enthralled with their performance. I wasn't really paying much attention to Paramore's either- i was busy jumping around and screaming like a lunatic. I do see where you're coming from, they certainly have toned down their enthusiasm a bit, but to be honest i can't listen to RIOT! as an entire album anymore because i get bored halfway through, i wouldn't blame them if they were the same after a year of near-constant touring (not excusing them for putting on a lame show (if that's your opinion)) it's just understandable. No need to compare them to other bands, if i'm honest, Hayley/Zac/Taylor have still got a ton of energy in them, even if Josh and Jeremy have toned down.

Meh, i'll still enjoy their shows just for the music, as i said i barely pay attention to what they're doing anyway.

Each to their own !

Wow, someone who doesn't need to flame in order to get their point across!! :hug:

It was the 2nd Brum show with NFG as support, along with KIGH and Conditions (who I missed).

I I'm honest I was too busy in the (surprisingly fun) pit to notice what Paramore were really doing, but it was apparent that NFG seemed to get a better response. (I used to hate them too, but i was converted haha)

Well, I saw them last night in Memphis, and Jeremy and Josh were being complete spazzes in my opinion. They were running back and forth, laughing, being silly and it honestly looked like they were having the time of their lives.

In the past however, I do agree, they havent been as energetic the past few tours. I agree with what seems to be most people in this thread, they'll probably bring the eneregy back when they have new stuff to play. It must get really mundane playing the same set every night.

I totally agree. Josh,jeremy and TAylor were crazy!! A few times i saw Josh just totally rocking it out. It was super cool. ANd i agree with playing the same songs over and over and over again.

I just had to check my ticket stub to see which show i was at as i can't remember if it was the first or not, monday the 4th february ? I was at that one. I missed half of Conditions as well, and it turned out they had played the only song i liked by them before i got there haha, dayamn. I can't disagree that NFG are good fun, i just can't stand his voice or really their general "vibe" or whatever, i can't quite pinpoint it they just really grate me ! Maybe one of these days i'll get over it ;-)

I just checked back a recording i have on my phone my friend sent me who was up on the balcony, during Pressure everyone seemed to be having a good time on stage, active jumping and running and smiling and all sorts ! Could've just been that song i don't know though, whatever to be honest i'm still gonna pay money to go see them because i love the whole atmosphere and the music.

I actually can't wait for the new stuff to come out though, it'll be refreshing to say the least.

Oh im definately going to go and see them still! tbh they will always have my support no matter what.

I think I saw them on the Tuesday. School on the next day wasn't too great lmao, btu I was literally all smiles for the next month! Best gig ever.

:rotfl:

Your reasoning really is quite pathetic. Fanboy much? No, other bands don't have anything to do with it. But if Paramore can't compete with those bands then I'll stop wasting my money on their shit 2nd records and live shows.

As for that little comment, who the fuck are you to judge the future of someone you don't even know?

no, not a fanboy. actually i barely listen to em anymore, riot kinda made me sick of em tbh but that always happens. Im just defending them and yeah i did go overboard with it and i can easily admit that but i dont think my reasoning is pathetic by any means but to each their own i guess.

the point i was trying to get across though was that basically everyone is a sick of riot and from tour to tour they play those triacks almost every night for over a year barely switching it up. Basically what im saying is they live the same night every night. even the things they say and do on the stage are the same. Its easy to get sick of it.

That's better, calmed down now eh?

Yeah, I guess if most of the fans are sick of RIOT! the band would be too seeing as they live and breathe it lmao.

But, why is everyone sick of RIOT! ??

Personally, I just felt it was boring. There was nothing wrong with it, but it just was too bubble gum. Also, Paramore have been waaaaay over exposed in the press. I'm no longer excited to see them on the cover like I used to be