Remembering September 11th (9/11)

lilley_1

I searched and I found nothing. Today is the seventh anniversary of the terrorist attacks on the Twin Towers and the Pentagon. My heart goes out to all of the victims and their families and especially those on United Flight 93 who saved countless lives. Feel free to share to share your stories and comment. Please don't get political though.

Heres my story :

I remember that day very clearly. I was in 6th grade at the time. My friends and I were are goofing around in art class when our general teacher (6th grade is still elementary here) came in and said that something serious had happened. We didn't know what to think but we all walked back to class. We all sat down not knowing what was happening. My teacher took a big sigh and stated "The twin towers have been hit." as she turn on the TV. Then we saw everything all at once. The second tower had already been hit (If you remember when the first one was hit they thought it was some freak accident until the second plane hit the north tower). We (the class) all just sat there shocked. There were no cries or scream but just dead silence. The rest of the day we did nothing but watch the news as we tried to get a grip on what was happening.

When I came home that day there was nothing but silence and shock from my family and my family is quite loud. We stayed glued to the TV as everything began to come in. Everything else just seemed lest important. All of our worries and thoughts just seem to melt away as we all watched history in the making.

The next day was just as silent. We went on with lesson like normal but yet everything was different. I've never seen or heard a class more quiet that day. You could literally hear a pin drop very clearly. We were given the option to watch the news but we just wanted to get on. Plus everything was just so depressing and shocking.

I know I'm getting very wordy but I can't help it. Its just one of those things that you remember exactly where you were that day. I have since seen a few documentaries and it almost always brings back every emotion I felt that day. I know that may sound corny but its true.

My heart goes out to everyone today. Lastly I would like to thank the firefighters and all the heroes who helped that day.

Happy September 11th everybody! Who wants to come to my 9/11 party?:willy_nilly:

Joking aside, I was in 3rd grade, probably just doing some work in whatever class I was in. My teacher said nothing to us but the principal made a few announcements that pointed to something bad happening, but never said what was really going on. I thought someone in the school had died at first. But then like right as school ended I saw both of my parents at the door of the room, they took me to the car and explained to me what was going on. I remember my dad had stayed home sick that day and was watching the news when it first broke. When I got home he had all of the TVs moved into the family room and had them all on different channels.

i'm not trying to start anything but this is not a joking matter. this is a very sensitive issue for some people.

i believe i was in fifth grade at the time; my teacher came into the room and told us a tradgedy had happened, and nothing else. just went on teaching. i didn't find out till that afternoon when i got home because nobody would tell me.

i'm not trying to start anything but this is not a joking matter. this is a very sensitive issue for some people.

agreed. when i read that post i was just like...wtf? that's messed up.

even if it was a joke.

Day after my birthday D:

K well that day was gonna be my first day of 5th grade in my new school. I had heard what happened on like.. every radio channel while I was in the car. My mom decided I should just go to school the next day. So we went back home and it was on every news channel too, I didnt really know what was going on cuz I was like.. 9 or something. But then I saw the video of the plane crash.

Last year my US History teacher showed us this video. There was this guy who was taking a documentary of a NY fireman. Surprisingly, it was on 9/11. So he followed the firemen with his camera into the building to rescue more people.. and I felt so bad watching it. You can hear people dropping and screaming, see people falling out the windows. Thru out the film, everytime you heard a loud noise, that was a body falling. A floor collapsed on the camera guy and some firefighters, but they survived. Its a pretty sad video..

I remember.

I was in 4th grade. I was sharpening my pencil in my classroom and the principle came on the intercom and said: Attention everyone. The world Trade center in New York has been attacked. I didn't fully understand what was going on. I got home that night and of course, it was all over the news. after watching tv for a couple of hours, I finally understood what had happened. Now that I'm older, I realize how major it really was. Details are still confusing because...well...it was pretty overwhelming if you ask me. I pray for the victims as much as I can remember...of course, since its been 7 years, its hard to remember. But...yeah.

i was in 5th grade and my teacher mr. smith said something terrible has happened

then he turned on the tv and we saw people jumping out of the windows to escape the fire i guess they knew no one could help them its so sad remembering that i will never forget it it was so quiet but anyways its always good to remember the dead:(

Day after my birthday D:

K well that day was gonna be my first day of 5th grade in my new school. I had heard what happened on like.. every radio channel while I was in the car. My mom decided I should just go to school the next day. So we went back home and it was on every news channel too, I didnt really know what was going on cuz I was like.. 9 or something. But then I saw the video of the plane crash.

Last year my US History teacher showed us this video. There was this guy who was taking a documentary of a NY fireman. Surprisingly, it was on 9/11. So he followed the firemen with his camera into the building to rescue more people.. and I felt so bad watching it. You can hear people dropping and screaming, see people falling out the windows. Thru out the film, everytime you heard a loud noise, that was a body falling. A floor collapsed on the camera guy and some firefighters, but they survived. Its a pretty sad video..

IVE SEEN THAT!!!! :mrgreen:

I remember I was at school, it was quite casual when one of the teachers told us... mainly because no one knew what had actually happened (but then again some might say we still don't know) but we all assumed it was an accident.

We didn't believe the teachers at first anyway, but then I went down my Nanna's house after school and it was all over the news.

On the subject of not joking about September 11, apparently TNA Wrestling have introduced a new arab character called Sheik Abdul Bashir who has the sound of a plane crashing as his entrance music :nono:

welll heres my story i guess...

i was in 4th grade and i was still in catholic school at that time and i live about 20 minutes just outside of new york city sowhen it happend there was an annoncment made tel us what happend and then there were kids' parents picking them up from school to go home.

i remember my mom got me my sister my brother my cousin and my other cousin and my aunt WAS SUPOSSE TO BE WORKING IN THE ONE BULIDING RIGHT UNDER WHERE THE PLANE HIT (she works for the NY/NJ port authority). so we were trying to call and call and call her no answer FINALLY she called us back said she called outta work cuz she wasnt feeling good (her allergies) and had no idea what was going on, so my mom told her.

we had like my whole family home my aunt my couins my other aunt myother cousin all at my house.

since i lived so close there were fire engines everywhere and ambulances.

and i happend to liv right across the street from where all the new helocpters were so theywere all flying all over the place

and the smoke came all the way to my town from NYC.

yea i think thats pretty much it.

Guest JadeIsRad

On the subject of not joking about September 11, apparently TNA Wrestling have introduced a new arab character called Sheik Abdul Bashir who has the sound of a plane crashing as his entrance music :nono:

:uhh:

That's awful

so here's my story:

i was in 5th grade and working on some math worksheet. next thing i know the vice principal comes storming into the room in a panic, and goes over to my teacher and whispers something to her. and by the look on their faces we knew something was up. our teacher wasnt gonna tell us, but then we kept pressuring her to say something, so all she said was "the trade centers were hit." then we see a bunch of kids in the hall walking past our room, so one by one we all asked to go to the bathroom. turns out 2 classrooms had a tv and were showing the kids what was on the news, even though the school said not to. so we kept going up to the doors and looking in to see what happened. this one boy started sobbing b/c his dad works in one of the buildings. [[the dad's okay]]

i get home and my mom and grandmom are there watching it on the news, and my mom was starting to cry a little bit. we have a really good friend that worked in one of the buildings [[idr which one]] and she worked on one of the highest floors. we were calling and calling and she didnt pick up. the next day she finally called us back saying she was okay, thank god.

definatly scary.

I was in 5th grade when it happened. I remember being in the hallway between classes and our teachers where all walking around talking, we didn't know what was going on. Then when we switched classes all the rooms tvs were on and we saw..

Then I remember seeing my science teacher run out of her class crying hysterically. Later we found out her son had been sent to NY on a business job and was in one of the buildings rumored to be hit. Thankfully he was ok.

i totally understand it was not meant seriously but making jokes about this event is (in my opinion) in bad taste. don't worry bout it i'm not mad at you i'm just letting you know for future reference ;-)

Umm, don't look at the Pokemon thread.

And I have a dark sense of humor, I'll admit that. Not everyone agrees with me, but I really don't mean disrespect.