Politics

lilley_1

it's for california.

wait...didnt they just make that legal?? :-x

you know what i think of idiots, and how i treat idiocy, infact idiocy has been ruining a decent debate all night, had enough.

trust me, i'm well aware of your opinions of idiots.

but like i said. watch out, dont get out of hand

wtf why is that such a problem??

i'm biased here though...so i guess i'll just keep my mouth shut.

you can all guess my stand on this. lol

hahaha. yeah we defnitely know your stand on this.

but im straight and i think that making gay marriage illegal is wrong.

plus im catholic, so my church was like handing out signs saying "yes on prop 8" and i was

so mad at everyone who was taking one. lol.

like i said its unconstitutional. we shouldnt deny anyone their rights. oh and another reason why people voted for it was because they were scared schools will have to teach students about gay marriage and it'll turn their kids gay. which is so ignorant.

^ haha i know

i beleive in civil unions just not gay marriage. i don't care if the government wants to join two people. i just don't want god in the equation.

anyone who doesn't beleive in god shouldn't get married in my opinion as well.

what i really dont get is the fact that a man and a woman can be unhappily married and divorce as many times as they want,

but 2 men or 2 women cant get married once and be happy for their entire lives.

hahaha my teacher has a neighbor who supported prop 8 yet he was divorced 3 times. and his argument was that it would protect the sanctity of marriage...which was kinda ironic.

ok. well correct me if i'm wrong, which i very well may be, but doesn't religion and/or faith have a lot to do with a personal relationship with god? if so, then why is it anyone's business what your relationship with him is?

again, i'm not very religious, so if i'm wrong, i'm sorry. don't mean to offend anyone.

edit: @lilley_1

^ haha i know

i beleive in civil unions just not gay marriage. i don't care if the government wants to join two people. i just don't want god in the equation.

anyone who doesn't beleive in god shouldn't get married in my opinion as well.

so you think gay marriage is acceptable in anyway apart from a christian marriage ceremony?

ok. well correct me if i'm wrong, which i very well may be, but doesn't religion and/or faith have a lot to do with a personal relationship with god? if so, then why is it anyone's business what your relationship with him is?

again, i'm not very religious, so if i'm wrong, i'm sorry. don't mean to offend anyone.

edit: @lilley_1

I think it's because the bible states gay marriage is wrong. Saddam & Gamarah (sp) were destroyed for homosexuality.

I care neither here nor there on the issue though, I was just trying to answer your question.

^ no apart from any religious ceremony (unless someones religion accepts that kind of thing since i know nothing about buddism or hinduism or anything like that).

well then wouldnt it be fine if the state allowed it, because then if the couples religion didnt, they would either not get married OR would have to betray their beliefs.