Politics

lilley_1

married by the state, basically. i think people should be able to make their own choices, and isnt "freedom of expression" a human right.

seperation of church and state.

politicians ever hear of it?

all their arguments against it are "its against the bible," etc.

then thats combining the 2.

it should be allowed.

and if someone's religion forbids it,

they dont have to take part.

my thoughts exactly

^ yes i think i said that about 5 posts ago except i used government instead of state.

This is like the only major issue I'm Democratic on. Its crazy.

edit: for alex

no offence by this (although this post says you share my view?)

i think the republicans are too christian for their own good, dont get me wrong, being christian is not a bad thing, i wish i could believe in something, but they need to realise that america is a big place with a lot of different cultures, and religions, that accept different things, by making laws beacuse "its against the bible" doesnt that mean that they should make laws because "its against the quran" just my opinion, in this day and age religion and government dont work well together.

no offence by this (although this post says you share my view?)

i think the republicans are too christian for their own good, dont get me wrong, being christian is not a bad thing, i wish i could believe in something, but they need to realise that america is a big place with a lot of different cultures, and religions, that accept different things, by making laws beacuse "its against the bible" doesnt that mean that they should make laws because "its against the quran" just my opinion, in this day and age religion and government dont work well together.

I'm not that religious. Sometimes I question whether I beleive in god or not. However I can see your point of view since we are supposed to have separation between church and state. However we never truly had that either (just look at the dollar or the plege of the allegiance). Yes I basically beleive in married by the state for gay couples not married by god.

I'm not that religious. Sometimes I question whether I beleive in god or not. However I can see your point of view since we are supposed to have separation between church and state. However we never truly had that either (just look at the dollar or the plege of the allegiance). Yes I basically beleive in married by the state for gay couples not married by god.

yes look at the pledge of allegiance and the dollar, BUT, both where written/designed, in a time when america was infact a completely christian dominated country, you dont need to change the past to suit the present, thats the history of your country. what needs to be done is for things to change now.

actually thats a point, if you look at my country (england) we have government and religion completely seperate, infact the original dominant religion in our country (protestant/church of england) is now completely overlooked, and the minorities (muslims etc) are given more by the government than everyone else, not in the way of laws etc, law and religion should never belong together.

seperation of church and state.

politicians ever hear of it?

all their arguments against it are "its against the bible," etc.

then thats combining the 2.

it should be allowed.

and if someone's religion forbids it,

they dont have to take part.

i agree.

but. there was this thing about teaching it in school. i was no on 8 but that school thing is wat convinced people

alright, let me just point out, i've never seen so many interviews of a politician in which the interviewers are so blatantly trying to make him/her look stupid.

secondly, alright, i'll admit, the russia thing is pretty bad. :lol:

but i can't help but think part of the reason for some of the stuff she says is the opposition she meets from the media.

...maverick.

Haha ! MAVERICK.

But no, i do agree with you, some interviews are just set on baiting her, but the fact she falls straight into it with about as much grace as an elephant doesn't really help her case.

I hate the way she gives speeches; obama is a fantastic public speaker, and mccain isn't half bad either, but Palin is just... Bland. Uninteresting. Contradicting. I hate the way she puts across her views, and her views in general.

I realise my dislike of her isn't entirely (although majoritally) justifiable or rational, but dislike i do.

THUS i shall leave with this:

"As for that VP talk all the time, I'll tell you, I still can't answer that question until somebody answers for me what is it exactly that the VP does every day? "

Oh, and

palinflow.jpg

word.

Haha ! MAVERICK.

But no, i do agree with you, some interviews are just set on baiting her, but the fact she falls straight into it with about as much grace as an elephant doesn't really help her case.

I hate the way she gives speeches; obama is a fantastic public speaker, and mccain isn't half bad either, but Palin is just... Bland. Uninteresting. Contradicting. I hate the way she puts across her views, and her views in general.

I realise my dislike of her isn't entirely (although majoritally) justifiable or rational, but dislike i do.

THUS i shall leave with this:

"As for that VP talk all the time, I'll tell you, I still can't answer that question until somebody answers for me what is it exactly that the VP does every day? "

Oh, and

palinflow.jpg

word.

:rotfl: that's great!

have you seen the tina fey impressions of her?

^Haha yes ! SO good, spot on. The skit with hilary clinton in it:

"you know, me and hilary don't agree on everyth-"

"ANYTHING".

"i believe that diplomacy should be the cornerstone for any foreign policy"

"and i can see russia from my house"

EXCELLENT.

"for all you joe six packs out there sittin around playin a drinkin game... maverick."

"... and, you know, the great ronald reagan."