overrated bands/artists thread !

emily !

Don't be selfish.

That is fame.

Imagine that one day, Paramore would've broken up because they didn't earned enough money to keep up ?

You should be happy for them.

I honestly don't think Paramore is the type of band who's gonna stop making music because they don't get enough money. That's just stupid.

And I feel the same way Holly does about having bands to ourselves. I know they're popular, and that they were going to be a big band and thats great, I'm extremley proud of them....I just like it a little better when not as many people know about them. For me it just feels a little more special. I don't think we're being selfish.

I honestly don't think Paramore is the type of band who's gonna stop making music because they don't get enough money. That's just stupid.

And I feel the same way Holly does about having bands to ourselves. I know they're popular, and that they were going to be a big band and thats great, I'm extremley proud of them....I just like it a little better when not as many people know about them. For me it just feels a little more special. I don't think we're being selfish.

Well, they've got to live.

But yeah, what I'm trying to say is that I would've never heard of them if they weren't popular.

Their music wouldn't have reached Belgium ...

I'm very happy that they got famous because otherwise, I wouldn't be here on this forum talking to all of you amazing people, and I wouldn't rock out every day listening to them ... :P

Life was a bit boring before I discovered Paramore ... ^^

Yeah I get that but back in '06 they werent nearly as big as they are now, and financially I think they were fine.

I was just giving an example to why fame can be a good thing sometimes. :P

Maybe it wasn't Paramore's case, but quite a lot of cool bands have to break up because of money problems.

I don't think Ronnie quite realises the only real money bands are guaranteed to see are their album advances. Paramore obviously have enough money to continue, cause the Riot! advance will be long gone and I don't think Atlantic will have financed Album #3's advance yet.

Well, they've got to live.

But yeah, what I'm trying to say is that I would've never heard of them if they weren't popular.

Their music wouldn't have reached Belgium ...

I'm very happy that they got famous because otherwise, I wouldn't be here on this forum talking to all of you amazing people, and I wouldn't rock out every day listening to them ... :P

Life was a bit boring before I discovered Paramore ... ^^

I was already playing them out loud when they hadn't reached Belgium yet ;-)

• 1 month later...
Yeah I get that but back in '06 they werent nearly as big as they are now, and financially I think they were fine.

they probably had just enough.

but in a interview josh said that there are just now starting to make some extra money.

and lets face it. there is nothing wrong with that

^ i tihnk that is an over statement. they really arent as egotistical everyone makes them out to be. they are all down to earth and no matter how big they are, they still make time for fans when they can. i saw them a while ago and like the lines were huge..like there were five different entrances to the venue. (i was in one of the shorter ones) probably 20 ppl? b/c other people didnt know that line was open and like pete came out of the bus (We could see it from the line) and we all were like pete! pete! and he smiled and waved and then he kept walking. after about an hour he came out of the venue and back towards the bus and we all yelled for him again and he came up and taked to us. sure he can come off a certain way, but they still do care about their fans and thats all i'm concerned about :)

^ I agree wholeheartedly with what you're saying Taylor! They're fun, but at the same time I just cant stand them. haha.

And that video is beyond epic.

:)

Trace cyrus is the scariest man alive.

i agree..everyone is like omg trace is so hot, i'm like eww no! *makes a disgusted face*