The promised new lj post by Josh!

Andalix

China....and other stuff.

Hey guys,

Wow its been forever! I apologize for that. No excuses there. I know I already said it, but I miss you guys a lot! I miss touring in general a ton. But I am stoked on this new record. Its going to be amazing. We've been in the studio for about a week just writing and it's sounding GREAT! Cant wait for you guys to hear it. Please be praying for us. We have a HUGE time crunch for this record because we are heading out on the No Doubt tour, which is so sweet!

As for China many of you were wondering why Zac and I went. Well I will tell you right now :). There is an orphanage over in the city of Lou Yang called "Maria's Big House of Hope". I dont know if any of you are familiar with the artist, Steven Curtis Chapman, but it was started by him and his wife basically. The building is named after, Maria Chapman, who they lost recently to a car accident. The most beautiful thing is that because Maria passed.. the building is carrying on her legacy in a way and is going to save hundreds of orphans. Its amazing what God can do through one person/family. Its an orphanage that takes in special needs children and they operate them. After operating on them they keep then until hopefully a family adopts them. What Zac and I (and a few other friends) went over to do is finish up the orphanage. They had a room full of cribs and beds that needed assembled for the kids before it opened. So we volunteered to help! Along with doing that we visited other orphanages and just hung out with the most beautiful children ever. It was really heart breaking to see them so happy having so little. It really was hard leaving knowing that I was going back to my comfortable home with my big family and I was leaving them there with no one. Of course they have nannies and each other but thats nothing compared to real family. It really was a life changing experience and I hope to go again very very soon. I dont know what you all are doing with your lives, but I would highly encourage you to consider going... not necessarily to China but to some orphanage just to go love on kids. They need it.

So yea, that's basically it... I've got to run because its practice time and I am late!! yikes! I will be posting more frequently, I promise. See ya guys!

Josh