New LJ post - Jan 4th 2010

OliDayyy

so, i have thought long and hard about it.

i was going to stop posting here. i was trying to think about where i could move it to, or if i should even continue at all to try and communicate directly like this with y'all. it isn't that i don't enjoy it or that i think something like this is so great that it should be considered a reward... it's not... but it's just that this place, our bloggy community, had become something that i hoped it wouldn't.

not sure if you will agree or disagree but i feel like "paramoremusic" is on the up and up. not really sure where we are at with "paramoreband" but i guess we shall see in time. i'm going to keep posting here. i'm not going to reply to negative comments, so as not to encourage any more stupid people to come in and get some sort of rise out of me... and if i do my part then i hope you all will do your part to encourage more positivity around this place.

the thing that i hope everyone takes away from this direct line we have to you guys is the fact that just because we may have a song on the radio, or sold "this many" records and done "this many" things... we are just the same as we've always been. sure, we've changed. BUT. we are the same 5 people who started the band in 2004. we don't believe any hype that may be written about us... and we all realize that in one single day it could all be gone. what matters is this. the connection. that's what outlives any good write up... it outweighs the number of records sold... it means the most. and that's why i can't let any negative hype that is created right here push me away from keeping this thing going.

so again, do your part and i'll do mine. the guys (if they decide to come in and post haha) will do theirs.

CAN WE BE FRIENDS!?

Hayley

How some people treat a sweet girl like Hayley so horribly is beyond me. It's like they are trying to push her away because they're not used to anyone in a band being so connected to their fans or something. And the sad part is that it's only a handful of LJers doing it.

Paramoremusic might be fading fast, but Hayley has a lot more control of Paramoreband, so I hope she'll at least keep posting there and just weed out the kids who act like douches. The less attention she gives them, the more they'll look for someone else to bother. Poor kid. I just want to give her a hug and let her know that her kindness doesn't go unnoticed.

How some people treat a sweet girl like Hayley so horribly is beyond me. It's like they are trying to push her away because they're not used to anyone in a band being so connected to their fans or something. And the sad part is that it's only a handful of LJers doing it.

Paramoremusic might be fading fast, but Hayley has a lot more control of Paramoreband, so I hope she'll at least keep posting there and just weed out the kids who act like douches. The less attention she gives them, the more they'll look for someone else to bother. Poor kid. I just want to give her a hug and let her know that her kindness doesn't go unnoticed.

I agree. Hayley seems like such a sweet person, and I think these idiots forget that she has feelings like they do. Because lets face it, are they jealous or something? The thing is these people don't have lives, ffs. Sad bastards. They need to get over themselves!

I agree with you two.

But she shouldn't be that offended, I mean, there will always be haters, I know it's not always easy to face such negative comments, but the majority loves the band, and she shouldn't pay attention to the others.

It's cool she clarifies the situation though :)

Yeah, but when you're nice enough to share some of your life with a bunch of people who you think are friends, and then a select few go and treat you like crap (and post friends' addresses on the internet?), it's hard not to get bummed out. It's not like it's random users either. It's the same ones over and over again.

I do agree that she should just ignore them though. After a while of taking it to heart, you realize that they're just being mean because it's the internet and they can be and that nobody who actually knows what you're about would treat you that way.

yeah sure. that's heartbroken, because Hayley doesn't deserve that, she's one of the most adorable persons in the world ! and I don't get why some people keep saying she and the others members changed. they are so nice, still connected to the fans, I really don't get it.

Sure they have changed, but so have the dumbasses who think that the only thing changing is the world around them not themselves. Maybe one day the perpetual change includes some growing up and the h00ligans will see life for what it is. Kicking an ants' nest doesn't sound fun for all of us but there's no way around those who get their daily excitement out of it, unfortunately, except the banhammer. It's up to the band to decide how they will deal with the situation.

I don't know what's been happening in the LJ -world, but most of the bands I know who keep in touch with their fans do it over a message board simply because it is much more organized and the moderation can be left to someone else who wants to do it. The reason I don't visit LJ is because it's like a king-sized confession thread with everything buried under the same headline.

They are NOT the same 5 people who started the band in 2004.

Taylor wasn't in the band! (Though he knew them...)

I bet you were expecting me to call them sell outs or something haha

I don't see the point in the LJ anymore. Only because they are such a media prescence now that I feel the need to really check up on them....whereas it was great cos it was like the compensation for the lack of interviews when they were smaller. But now, with Twitter especially, we know what's going on, so I don't see the point.

What happened? What kind of stuff did people say to her? I don''t really know the ins and outs of LJ so I got worried when I read about paramoremusic thriving but she isn't too sure about paramoreband. :shifty:

Poor Hayley though.

I'm sure they'll all be able to handle it! There's always going to be people who are negative to famous people. It's not fair but it's true and they'll have to remember how loyal and loving their real fans are!

ahah yes :mrgreen:

Jack> if I remember well, some guys had posted Hayley and Chad's adresses in the comments.

Well tbh Chad could beat the shit out of anyone that fucks with him anyway...haha

Such a genuinely bad thing to do. And anyone who takes advantage of it is just as bad.

ahah yes :mrgreen:

Jack> if I remember well, some guys had posted Hayley and Chad's adresses in the comments.

sireously, is that what happened? what the fcuk is that... dickheads. why would you do that?, Hayley's such a nice person, and Chad seems nice enough they don't deserve that, especially when Hayley makes the time and effort to post on LJ, ugh makes me sick :(:hug:

Well tbh Chad could beat the shit out of anyone that fucks with him anyway...haha

Such a genuinely bad thing to do. And anyone who takes advantage of it is just as bad.

this post ftw :)

agreed.

well i hope they keep posting there and just try to ignore the haters, even tho its probably hard sometimes.

this is sad but good at the same time

SOME of the LJ kids have been so so so so harsh on her and the band and it's just ridiculous! theres no need for it and im glad she decided that because she doesn't need that crap.

i really hate how shes been treated by some "fans"

parasecrets scares the crap out of me!

The entire band seems such geniunely nice people and I'm not just saying that from a fans point of view. Anyone who watches interviews and sees the connection they have with their audiences at shows can see how awesome these 5 people are. Yet some people have to be arseholes and hate on them just because they get some sick thrill out of it. Ewwww. I hate haters!! :-x

THIS^