Boys Like Girls

Ashhh

but still, 12 songs is 12 songs. and that's just your opinion. i personally love when bands do cover songs. i think it's awesome. especially a song like let go...boys like girls did an AMAZING cover job of that. and live it is SO completely amazing!!! and they could bring out an old song now if they wanted to... i'm not trying to be rude. i'm just saying i wish they would play longer setlists. and they could... b/c they're not doing their whole cd. and they could do a cover song. they don't need to have more than one cd to have a decent setlist. the first time i saw lifehouse they only had one cd out and they did the whole cd plus one... which was 13 songs.

If they played the whole album then a cover song I wouldn't have any qualms about a cover being played. Back in June they headlined here and only played 8 songs, excluding the cover. I'd rather have seen any of the other album tracks than Let Go. Nothing against the song, but I'd much rather see their own material. So yes, that is my opinion and if you agree or disagree with it then that's fine. :)

If they wanted to bring out the old songs they wouldn't have told people over the internet to stop sharing them. If the band don't want them in the public domain like that, I doubt they'll play it on stage.

You're right. You don't need to have more than one album to have a decent setlist. But it helps. Hell, I saw Avril Lavigne a couple of months back, she has 3 albums worth of material yet she played the same song twice and played a b-side as well. When you have 3 albums you can mix a set up like that but until Boys Like Girls stop touring out a 2/3 year old album, their set's can't realistically be any longer than 45 minutes.

Oh and don't worry, I know you aren't meaning to be rude (you weren't rude anyway). I don't mean to be as much as a pain as I probably have been. :)

If they played the whole album then a cover song I wouldn't have any qualms about a cover being played. Back in June they headlined here and only played 8 songs, excluding the cover. I'd rather have seen any of the other album tracks than Let Go. Nothing against the song, but I'd much rather see their own material. So yes, that is my opinion and if you agree or disagree with it then that's fine. :)

If they wanted to bring out the old songs they wouldn't have told people over the internet to stop sharing them. If the band don't want them in the public domain like that, I doubt they'll play it on stage.

You're right. You don't need to have more than one album to have a decent setlist. But it helps. Hell, I saw Avril Lavigne a couple of months back, she has 3 albums worth of material yet she played the same song twice and played a b-side as well. When you have 3 albums you can mix a set up like that but until Boys Like Girls stop touring out a 2/3 year old album, their set's can't realistically be any longer than 45 minutes.

Oh and don't worry, I know you aren't meaning to be rude (you weren't rude anyway). I don't mean to be as much as a pain as I probably have been. :)

oh no... you weren't. thanks for understanding :)

you're welcome i have a setlist if you want it

ooO, i do, i do! i wanna know!! i'm going tomorrow and i've got a long drive tho. so i'll be leaving early. but if you see this in time i'd LOVE to know!!

^ thanks. :]

here are my pics from the meet and greet:

BLG.jpg

BLG2.jpg

BLG3.jpg

BLGandme2.jpg

(^i'm the one in between paul and john)

i'll post more stuff/type up more about it tomorrow.

and here's the setlist if anyone is interested. (i may have the order a little mixed up):

Hero/Heroine

Five Minutes To Midnight

On Top Of the World

Learning To Fall

Broken Man

Thunder

Heels Over Head

Up Against The Wall

Dance Hall Drug

Holiday

The Great Escape

learning to fall, up against the wall, and holiday were SOOOO completely amazing!!!! i hadn't seen those live before.

^ yeah! it's amazing!! i got part of it on video. and thanks!

here are my vids:

hero/heroine:

(it's the whole thing, including the beginning you all were talking about and wanted to see)

learning to fall:

broken man:

thunder:

(whole thing)

heels over head:

up against the wall:

(whole thing)

and holiday:

i was sooooooo mad... all the sudden a security guard came up to me and made me stop recording during holiday. no one had said no videos! and that was the second to last song, and there was only like 30 sec. left of it!! and it was amazing!! i was sooooooooo ticked.

and here are a few more pics:

BLG4.jpg

BLG5.jpg

BLG6.jpg

BLG8.jpg

BLG9.jpg

BLG11.jpg

BLG12.jpg

BLG14.jpg

BLG15.jpg

BLG16.jpg

BLG18.jpg

BLG19.jpg

BLG20.jpg

BLG24.jpg

BLG25.jpg

BLG26.jpg

my ticket and martin's bottle cap i caught:

ticketandbottlecap.jpg

the laminate and wristbands we got for meet and greet:

laminate.jpg

wristbands.jpg

sighhh. i wanna go to another one sooooo bad!! the meet and greet was really cool... we got to go in this special entrance, then go backstage... and then they had pizza and soda for us, and then BLG came out, and we lined up and went up to them 2 at a time. well, i guess that's it...

^haha yeah. apparently it's called "the great egg&steak" lol get it? =]

i wonder if they actually have it at all the denny's

um well they did like a short little interview, the tour with good charlotte, when they'll start working on their next album. and they also performed thunder.