Misery Business

I mentioned it earlier, hayley and the others talked him up for the new album but its really just the same sort of playing that was on the old record.

Still good though.

May 17th aaaghhh

Oh, i didn't see you say that. I didn't read all of the pages because I was sure everyone was gonna be saying pretty much the same thing and it was too much for me to read.

I can see what people mean about the alleged 'Josh is now more familiar with his instrument'. I don't really see it, the playing standard is basically the same as AWKIF.

yea i said that in an earlier post.

but in all honesty, he doesnt have much freedom playing guitar alone...

it would be a completely different story if there was a rhythm guitar

Ok, let's bring the conversation back around a bit...

First of all - let's avoid detailed conversations about whatever innuendo you might think is in the lyrics...let's just not go there - it's not really appropriate.

Also, as for the lyrics themselves - remember, they're not necessarily representing feelings that Hayley's proud of having...but they are her being very open and honest. Just because she says something doesn't mean she's proud to use that word or feel that way...we don't know, to be honest, but when you call something one of the most shameful songs on the record, I think it's pretty clear she's not necessarily proud of the way she feels or what she's done, even if she is happy with getting the guy at the same time.

And as for Josh's guitar playing - don't judge that just based on these two songs. I'd wait for the whole album before you make any sweeping statements about that, 'cause I think there's a lot more we're going to hear than just what's in these two songs...and that's super exciting, because these two songs are GREAT.

And remember - they track the album, so Josh could easily have played more than one guitar part...they're not recording these things with everyone playing at once live in the studio.

you guys have such dirty minds. what i interpreted by "i watched my wildest dreams come true" as Paramores success..i dont wanna say more cuz it'll just go in the rumor mill...
nah, i didn't get that at all.

in the middle of a song about a relationship, obviously, why would she just start talking about paramore's success?

=|

Ok, let's bring the conversation back around a bit...

First of all - let's avoid detailed conversations about whatever innuendo you might think is in the lyrics...let's just not go there - it's not really appropriate.

Also, as for the lyrics themselves - remember, they're not necessarily representing feelings that Hayley's proud of having...but they are her being very open and honest. Just because she says something doesn't mean she's proud to use that word or feel that way...we don't know, to be honest, but when you call something one of the most shameful songs on the record, I think it's pretty clear she's not necessarily proud of the way she feels or what she's done, even if she is happy with getting the guy at the same time.

And as for Josh's guitar playing - don't judge that just based on these two songs. I'd wait for the whole album before you make any sweeping statements about that, 'cause I think there's a lot more we're going to hear than just what's in these two songs...and that's super exciting, because these two songs are GREAT.

And remember - they track the album, so Josh could easily have played more than one guitar part...they're not recording these things with everyone playing at once live in the studio.

yea, you can hear some background in both songs.

i was just judging him based soley on those two songs.

i have no clue what we're in for on june 12.

like pressure for me wasnt that great of a song guitar-wise, but in general most singles--by any band for that matter--have simpler riffs.

im in no way judging their entire new record on how its gonna be.

there's deffinately a lot more to hear.

im sorry if i was bashing him or anything, i didnt mean to--i mean he is one of my guitar idols haha.

Once a *beep* you're nothing more, I'm sorry that'll never change!

lol

i'm pretty sure you can say it on the radio. with each cuss word just depends. I heard dick head on the radio the other morning and i was like "woooaa, you can say dick head on the radio now? cool." it was like freaking 5:30am too. haha.

yea, you can hear some background in both songs.

i was just judging him based soley on those two songs.

i have no clue what we're in for on june 12.

like pressure for me wasnt that great of a song guitar-wise, but in general most singles--by any band for that matter--have simpler riffs.

im in no way judging their entire new record on how its gonna be.

there's deffinately a lot more to hear.

im sorry if i was bashing him or anything, i didnt mean to--i mean he is one of my guitar idols haha.

No worries...I know no one's bashing the band...I just think we should wait to hear the whole record before judging Josh's guitar playing...you make a great point too - the singles are usually the songs with the simpler riffs...

i'm pretty sure you can say it on the radio. with each cuss word just depends. I heard dick head on the radio the other morning and i was like "woooaa, you can say dick head on the radio now? cool." it was like freaking 5:30am too. haha.

haha I know you can play whore here simply because of Green Day- Basketcase