Misery Business

lol what that makes no sense, she clearly states it was a personal issue and made it public thus open to discussion and analysis. So therefore I see nothing wrong in that, most bands admire analysis and discussion of lyrics, it shows that we care about what they have to say.

depends.

That has always have been a taboo subject not only on here, take the LJ for example, there have been alot of deleted posts regarding that same subject and thats FBR/Paramore moderated.

The band doesnt like that sort of thing to be discussed and thats understandable, would you like if people start to talk about your love life?

Lets just respect that and lets just drop it.

depends.

That has always have been a taboo subject not only on here, take the LJ for example, there have been alot of deleted posts regarding that same subject and thats FBR/Paramore moderated.

The band doesnt like that sort of thing to be discussed and thats understandable, would you like if people start to talk about your love life?

Lets just respect that and lets just drop it.

then they shouldn't write songs about it.

Let's be clear - from what they've said in the LJ in their post and the comments to the lyrics post, Misery Business does appear to be about Hayley and relationships in her life. Who that relationship is with/who she's talking about is complete speculation. No one knows for sure who it is, except Hayley - and we're not going to speculate on who it is on these boards.

We can talk about what the song means, but we're not going to talk about rumors about who Hayley might be having a relationship with or anything like that out of respect for her privacy.

As for deleting posts in the LJ - the band doesn't delete posts. They said that at one point where someone asked about it. There are people who apparently help them moderate the LJ and they do keep an eye on it, I guess, to see what conversations are appropriate or not appropriate - and the band has said that they trust their judgment.

I can't remember exactly where this conversation was, but it was discussed in the comments to one of the posts awhile back in the LJ community...

EDIT: I found the discussion:

http://community.livejournal.com/paramoremusic/657743.html

Here's the band's post:

actually we have a few moderators.

we don't ever come in here and delete stuff. because everyone's got their opinion and if it's not posted here it will just be posted somewhere else. however, we trust our mods and they'll delete what they think is unnecessary.

lately, a lot of really incorrect speculation has been goin on around these parts... we normally wouldn't even reply to something like this. but, at some point it becomes important for us to set a few things semi-straight :smile:

sorry that your post got deleted!

love you guys... all of ya'll.

paramore

then they shouldn't write songs about it.

The song is about a relationship, but I don't hear any specific names being mentioned in the song - so any post on these boards that refers to a specific person is complete speculation and rumor-spreading - and we're not doing that. Period.

We don't discuss that, boards rules. And also to respect their privacy.
I don't see anything in the rules about not being allowed to talk about what we think song lyrics mean.

"Q: Who are the different band members dating?

A: It's none of our business. Respect their private lives and please don't make threads or post pictures about this."

No one's even talking about who anyone is dating.

we're simply stating what we think the song means. i personally think it's about a relationship, obviously. not paramore's success =|

no one even said they think it's avout a particular relationship, just one in general, so a lot of you need to chill.

this is a paramore board, sorry for talking about paramore.

The song is about a relationship, but I don't hear any specific names being mentioned in the song - so any post on these boards that refers to a specific person is complete speculation and rumor-spreading - and we're not doing that. Period.
exactly. no one said anything about specific people, so people need to chill.

Let's be clear - from what they've said in the LJ in their post and the comments to the lyrics post, Misery Business does appear to be about Hayley and relationships in her life. Who that relationship is with/who she's talking about is complete speculation. No one knows for sure who it is, except Hayley - and we're not going to speculate on who it is on these boards.

We can talk about what the song means, but we're not going to talk about rumors about who Hayley might be having a relationship with or anything like that...

As for deleting posts in the LJ - the band doesn't delete posts. They said that at one point where someone asked about it. There are people who apparently help them moderate the LJ and they do keep an eye on it, I guess, to see what conversations are appropriate or not appropriate - and the band has said that they trust their judgment.

I can't remember exactly where this conversation was, but it was discussed in the comments to one of the posts awhile back in the LJ community...

I remember what you're talking about Brent. It was pretty much exactly what you said.

So yea, I'm agreeing with Brent. The band, by picking people to moderate the LJ, trust them, and if these people are going to delete posts about relationships, that obviously means that the band doesn't really feel taht we should be talking about that, and we should respect that.

And as Brent ALSO said =], haha no one ever said the song was directly about Hayley and relationships she's in. Yes, she said it was shameful and honest and blah blah blah, but that doesn't nesicarily mean it's directly about her and someone else

I don't see anything in the rules about not being allowed to talk about what we think song lyrics mean.

A: It's none of our business. Respect their private lives and please don't make threads or post pictures about this."

we're simply stating what we think the song means. i personally think it's about a relationship, obviously. not paramore's success =|

no one even said they think it's avout a particular relationship, just one in general, so a lot of you need to chill.

you just answered yuourself.

"no one even said they think it's avout a particular relationship, just one in general,"

that falls under the catergory of discussing their private lives.

you just answered yuourself.

"no one even said they think it's about a particular relationship, just one in general,"

that falls under the catergory of discussing their private lives.

hahahahaha uh no.

i said i'm NOT saying it's about a particular one.

it is OBVIOUSLY about one though, and other people have just said it's fine to talk about it unless we're talking about it as a particular relationship, WHICH I'M NOT.

hahah.

RESPECT THEIR PRIVATE LIVES.

Someone DID say something about specific people, referring to the possibility of a relationship between them, therefore invading their pesonal lives, and therefore breaking board rules. Calciumwaste said it by the way, but edited her post (thank you).

As Natasha saidddd:

"the Misery Business thread is becoming a riot within itself..."

It's true (:

Yeah - please everyone - just calm down. Respect the band, respect their privacy and don't talk about their specific relationships - because that's all just speculation and we don't need that.

And as for Josh's guitar playing - don't judge that just based on these two songs. I'd wait for the whole album before you make any sweeping statements about that, 'cause I think there's a lot more we're going to hear than just what's in these two songs...and that's super exciting, because these two songs are GREAT.

And remember - they track the album, so Josh could easily have played more than one guitar part...they're not recording these things with everyone playing at once live in the studio.

yeah, i was just thinking that and was gonna say something...