OFFICIAL RIOT! DISCUSSION THREAD

kerrie

Lol, I love the airwaves part. I think it's cool how they make it sound like... old radio transmissions or something. But, I still can't find a meaning to that, could anyone tell me what the whole "we want the airwaves back" means? Sorry if this has been answered before. ^^;

I really enjoy bouncing around to "That's What You Get".

Lol, I love the airwaves part. I think it's cool how they make it sound like... old radio transmissions or something. But, I still can't find a meaning to that, could anyone tell me what the whole "we want the airwaves back" means? Sorry if this has been answered before. ^^;

I really enjoy bouncing around to "That's What You Get".

its a reference to a song by the band Refused. It's cool, not everyone has the time to go back through the threads to find out what that lyric means haha.

i have a question. just exactly how many versions/editions of riot are there? i have the best buy and HT edition. what else is there? 'cause as hard as it is to part with my hard earned money, it's okay if its for paramore. lol.

The FYE version has Here We Go Again live

The iTunes version has a acoustic version of Misery Business

And the FBR digital version has the demo of Temporary

Oh, and the Rhapsody version has the Electronic Mix of My Hero and the acoustic version of Misery Business, I think...

The folks who got the Best Buy version with the bonus tracks are lucky, btw, because I think just the first batch had them. My Best Buy restocked with RIOT! - and none of the new CDs have the bonus tracks.

Oh, and the Rhapsody version has the Electronic Mix of My Hero and the acoustic version of Misery Business, I think...

The folks who got the Best Buy version with the bonus tracks are lucky, btw, because I think just the first batch had them. My Best Buy restocked with RIOT! - and none of the new CDs have the bonus tracks.

whoa really? Awesome! I'm so glad I got it the first day it came out then haha!

That got a lot of people's hopes up. They should've called it a "Limited Edition" release then. Sucks to be whoever went to go and buy it late. =/

That got a lot of people's hopes up. They should've called it a "Limited Edition" release then. Sucks to be whoever went to go and buy it late. =/

My guess is that Best Buy probably didn't think they'd sell through them quite as fast as they did. Nowhere near as fast as they did.

that sucks. Ill have to check mine and see. youd think they'd keep on selling em that way

yeah true, but. it makes me more exclusive and makes people get it faster if they only have some with it haah but it would of helped if they actally said EXCLUSIVE BONUS TRACKS. LIMITED TIME ONLY or somethin so we couldnt have all thewe parawhores gettin pised and...........starting riots over this haha

yes i made a pun. so what.

Well my thoughts on RIOT!:

Awesome. Different, but awesome. "For A Pessimist.." reminds me of AWKIF. I prefer the older version of Hallelujah simply because it seems rougher and the singing is better (imo).

"When It Rains" is awesome, and Fences is kinda quirky. I love Rewind too.

Overall, it lived up to the hype. My only complaint is that it is a bit too poppy. That isn't a bad thing, and it is what the band wanted, but I prefer the way AWKIF was mixed, with more reverb. I also miss songs like "FRanklin" and "Oh Star", but "When It Rains" is kinda similar. I suppose. I also wanted heavier songs, like "All We Know".

I love it, but in a different way. It'll make for a killer live show though that's for sure.

Seeming I like all kinds of music (well sort of) I guess it's best to say I see where they were going with this album. I rather really enjoy it and it'll keep me busy for a really long time. It definitely is amazing though in regards of trying to impress everyone from AWKIF album. It's hard to find bands nowaday that you like almost every song off the album and really love the band.

At this extent to some you can't really distinguish, which is better with the two. Some might look at their selling of records and say "Oh this albums better because of that." I personally would say that neither is better than the other. It's just as good as the other and can't really choose which is better to be honest. Both RIOT and AWKIF rock out the way they wanted it. Some don't like it as much as others and then they can tell which they like more. People who really like the two cannot though. (I think)

Also yeah the 3rd album is really the one to look out for and see what comparisons we can make from the two albums given to us. That's going to be the album, which tells us if they're going bye bye with their sound and entity of keeping us fans happy and enjoying it. On the other hand it can tell us that they're getting even better and will be owning the world with their music. I prefer the owning the world with their music one. lol