OFFICIAL RIOT! DISCUSSION THREAD

kerrie

Am I the only one who doesn't see a correlation between P!ATD and Fences? I don't think it was influenced by them, I think it was just a matter of experimenting with new sounds. I think people don't like it because with the last album, the songs were very cohesive and they all had the same style, but with Riot! there's a lot of experiementing and new sounds.

Same. But I've never been one to be able to compare music well.

I still kind of like AWKIF more than RIOT. I was listening to AWKIF today, (after listening to riot for what 5/6ish days running) and the songs reach out to me more. I don't know weather thats because the album is 2 years old, and riots not even a week old. but you can tell the band has grown up alot since AWKIF and their lyrics are much more strong and truthful.

about this fences and panic at the disco thing.. i think i get what people are meaning. it's just the way hayley's singing in it. the pace or somethin.. i dunno. something is similar to the way brendon sings anyway.

but the song.. it reminds me of dance dance by fall out boy for some reason. i don't know what it is.

I think its the way the instuments are being played that makes it sound like panic.. not Hayleys singing

but meh' thats just my oppinion.

expesialy at the very start of the song..

I don't think Fences sounds at all like P!ATD... I hate Panic, and I love Fences.

I think I like stuff like crushcrushcrush, Fences and When It Rains so much because they're different... if they released an album with all the songs sounding like Pressure or Emergency I wouldn't be nearly as pleased as I was when I found out how diverse RIOT! is. I hate bands that produce the same album and song style over and over... ie. Pennywise. It's boring. You need to branch out and try new things.!

I have been listening to Riot! non-stop since I bought a digital copy on iTunes at Midnight on the 12th. I even have it play while I sleep. There is nothing sweeter than waking up to Josh, Hayley, Jeremy and Zac. Anyway, I am an audiophile and engineer, and I have to say that this album is the epitome of brilliance. Not only are all the songs extremely well written, but the engineering on all the tracks is phenomenal! A lot of people say that Saosin's self-titled is a work of genius from an engineering standpoint, but I think Riot! blows it out of the water. Somehow the producer and engineers were able to capture the power of Hayley's voice and mesh it with the rest of the band and have it sound so smooth. To do that, AND not lose the rest of the band in the mix is amazing. I really hope the industry doesn't focus on just Hayley and let Josh, Jeremy and Zac fade out with no recognition. It's Paramore, not "Hayley Williams and Paramore" or "The Hayley Williams Quartet."

Anyway, I love Riot! I'm sure you all do too.

Much Love,

Greg - TCARoadie

I completely agree with every post here. Riot! is amazing. I'm trying to not listen to it so much, but it's impossible. Everytime I play something different it's like "Dude, this is not half as good" and bam, back to Riot!

Haha, it's just so awesome. Way better than my expectations.

I agree with you Nick, it's cool that the band chose a different direction than All We Know Is Falling, and they pulled it off so well. Gaaah, I'm so happy ^^ And you can definately see all the effort put into it. The band seems so proud of themselves, and dayum, they should be.

^ I highly doubt "The Hayley Williams Show" will happen. It's obvious the media will always pay more attention to Hayley because she's the "girl in the band". However, all the band is strongly against that, and it won't happen if the band doesn't allow it. And most importantly, if Hayley isn't willing to take the "spotlight", which she clearly isn't ("Paramore is a BAND" FTW!).

I have been listening to Riot! non-stop since I bought a digital copy on iTunes at Midnight on the 12th. I even have it play while I sleep. There is nothing sweeter than waking up to Josh, Hayley, Jeremy and Zac. Anyway, I am an audiophile and engineer, and I have to say that this album is the epitome of brilliance. Not only are all the songs extremely well written, but the engineering on all the tracks is phenomenal! A lot of people say that Saosin's self-titled is a work of genius from an engineering standpoint, but I think Riot! blows it out of the water. Somehow the producer and engineers were able to capture the power of Hayley's voice and mesh it with the rest of the band and have it sound so smooth. To do that, AND not lose the rest of the band in the mix is amazing. I really hope the industry doesn't focus on just Hayley and let Josh, Jeremy and Zac fade out with no recognition. It's Paramore, not "Hayley Williams and Paramore" or "The Hayley Williams Quartet."

Anyway, I love Riot! I'm sure you all do too.

Much Love,

Greg - TCARoadie

absolutely spot on!

It's just got a great 'sound' to it; regardless of song quality, it just sounds great.

I've even started to like Fences, which kinda scared me. reviewing it's proving to be a bit of a pain though.