The Sad Thread

lyn

No, I've never spoken to him. My mam got on well with his mother though, she's a really old lady, I hope the grief doesn't kill her too. It'll be strange though, I used to see this guy nearly everyday.

Oh well. I wish the best to his family.

That's not good.:/

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sick of being wrong. Yes, I know I'm the disgrace, the disappointment, the failure of the family but for fuck's sake GET USED TO IT. I can't change, I won't change. This is me, like it or lump it.

My family never just leave me be, I always have to be the big joke and it gets me down. Nothing I ever do is right, no matter how hard I try. To be fair, I'm not speaking on behalf of my whole family, just my sisters and my dad.

My eldest sister is getting married next week and if it's possible, her fat head gets bigger every day. She thinks she's it, she always has since she left home. You did really well in school, college and uni. You have your own house, a soon-to-be husband, loads of friends and a dog. GOOD FOR FUCKING YOU!!!!!! All she ever does is talk me down like I'm dirt. She's ashamed to be related to me, I know she is. :nono:

My other sister and dad just live to wind me up. They constantly say little things and they all mount together and make me lose it sometimes. Of course, I'm always the bad guy. Sometimes my mam stands up for me, but that's rare. Yes, I'm the youngest child, they always get teased. I know that's normal, but they're just going too far. It's hardly ever harmless banter now, they always throw things back in my face.. Like the fact that nearly everyone in my school year has turned against me, that I have no social life or friends. I'm sick of it getting to me too, I should just tell them where to go but it's upsetting.

I'm weak, useless and pointless, I know that, but I can't help it. I wish they'd stop reminding me of how pathetic I am.

I'm sick of being wrong. Yes, I know I'm the disgrace, the disappointment, the failure of the family but for fuck's sake GET USED TO IT. I can't change, I won't change. This is me, like it or lump it.

My family never just leave me be, I always have to be the big joke and it gets me down. Nothing I ever do is right, no matter how hard I try. To be fair, I'm not speaking on behalf of my whole family, just my sisters and my dad.

My eldest sister is getting married next week and if it's possible, her fat head gets bigger every day. She thinks she's it, she always has since she left home. You did really well in school, college and uni. You have your own house, a soon-to-be husband, loads of friends and a dog. GOOD FOR FUCKING YOU!!!!!! All she ever does is talk me down like I'm dirt. She's ashamed to be related to me, I know she is. :nono:

My other sister and dad just live to wind me up. They constantly say little things and they all mount together and make me lose it sometimes. Of course, I'm always the bad guy. Sometimes my mam stands up for me, but that's rare. Yes, I'm the youngest child, they always get teased. I know that's normal, but they're just going too far. It's hardly ever harmless banter now, they always throw things back in my face.. Like the fact that nearly everyone in my school year has turned against me, that I have no social life or friends. I'm sick of it getting to me too, I should just tell them where to go but it's upsetting.

I'm weak, useless and pointless, I know that, but I can't help it. I wish they'd stop reminding me of how pathetic I am.

:hug::hug::hug:

I know EXACTLY how you feel. My whole family does that to me too, but you know what? To hell with them. You just have to realize that you're more important than you think you are and that you're worth so much more. Don't go around putting yourself down anymore. When you talk about yourself as though you're dirt, everyone else will follow right along. I know it's hard, but when they're picking on you just hold your head up high and act like the bigger person.

You see, what they don't realize is how immature they're being. Think about it: their lives are so meaningless that they have to pick on a young girl to fill their boredom? That's so pathetic! You're not the one who's pathetic--they are the ones who are pathetic.

Your sister who you think seems all perfect, obviously she doesn't have that great of a life if she has to bash on her little sister constantly. She may have an education, a soon-to-be husband and a damn dog, but if she's picking you apart then she's really just a miserable, old lump.

Try to not let what they say get to you. Easier said than done, I know, but just remind yourself that if you keep your head held high and don't fight back, they're the ones yelling and picking you apart like children. That's how they will look--like a bunch of children. Just laugh at them and walk away, it'll make them feel stupid. And one day when your life is a huge success, they'll look back on the times they picked you apart and they will be the ones feeling like dirt and begging for your forgiveness.

:hug::hug::hug:

I know EXACTLY how you feel. My whole family does that to me too, but you know what? To hell with them. You just have to realize that you're more important than you think you are and that you're worth so much more. Don't go around putting yourself down anymore. When you talk about yourself as though you're dirt, everyone else will follow right along. I know it's hard, but when they're picking on you just hold your head up high and act like the bigger person.

You see, what they don't realize is how immature they're being. Think about it: their lives are so meaningless that they have to pick on a young girl to fill their boredom? That's so pathetic! You're not the one who's pathetic--they are the ones who are pathetic.

Your sister who you think seems all perfect, obviously she doesn't have that great of a life if she has to bash on her little sister constantly. She may have an education, a soon-to-be husband and a damn dog, but if she's picking you apart then she's really just a miserable, old lump.

Try to not let what they say get to you. Easier said than done, I know, but just remind yourself that if you keep your head held high and don't fight back, they're the ones yelling and picking you apart like children. That's how they will look--like a bunch of children. Just laugh at them and walk away, it'll make them feel stupid. And one day when your life is a huge success, they'll look back on the times they picked you apart and they will be the ones feeling like dirt and begging for your forgiveness.

Wow, that makes total sense. You're right. Thank you so much Cheyenne. :hug: :hug::)

yeah i know =\

we won't be able to. their anywhere from an hour and a half to 4 hours away at least. :nono:

and my schedule: 6 classes, 4 hours of lab, and 16 hours of an in-hospital setting clinical, every week. for 20 months straight. i won't have to be on here, let alone drive hours away to see someone :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can't get him off my mind, I never can. I'm sick of this, I hate it. We'll never be together, I know that. It's all fine and good. Does my slut of a sister have to egg him on though? I hate her, I really do. She knows how I feel about him but she keeps it up. I could slap her, I really could.

He's always so sweet with me, I'm not going to complain about that... It's just, I'm never quite sure if what he says is genuine or not. Maybe he's just like this with everyone, I don't know. Jealousy is something I can't stand, and yet lately, I'm riddled with it.

Last night was horrible. When she left the room for ten minutes, he told me to come sit next to him. Which I did, he was saying he wanted to be able to talk to me properley and that he couldn't unless I was sitting with him. Which was all fine and good. But then she came back.. Everytime I opened my mouth to say anything, she'd pull a face or critisice. Eventually I had to move away, otherwise it would've turned into a full-on bitch fight. I didn't want that.

But why should I have to move? He actually wanted me there...

There was a very embarressing beginning to the night anyway, which I won't mention, but she continously kept trying to make things worse. What kind of sister behaves like that? In the end, she got him to start winding me up too. :-x

I dragged him up to dance with me during two songs and it was nice, but I can't help but wonder if he'd rather have been with her. Why is she so special? She's a fucking arsehole, only cares about herself and doesn't have a worthwhile opinion on anything.

She's pretty, that is about IT.

Why is it that I am forever destined to be "a nice girl/a good friend"? I don't want that, I have plenty of other people that I can be nice and friendly to. Why can't he see how much it's hurting me? :crybad:

When my parents dropped me off at my nana's house last night, he seemed a bit sad that I was leaving, but then again, he had her. So imagine my elation to talk to my mam this morning and find out the two of them had gone out together today. It's not fair.

Jeez, I really need to get over myself, I know that. I just care about him so much.

I actually read this right after you posted it, but wanted to wait 'till somebody else posted something first since I always do but nevermind.

It sucks they went out together today. :hug:

I don't know, but I feel like he should've come up for you. He was the one who wanted you to come and sit by him, so he should've been the one to tell your sisters she shouldn't be so mean.

:kiss:

I think I've missed some things Shannon.

Don't put yourself down. You are a great person, believe me. And if your sister gets you angry, just punch her on the face. Don't let her tree you. And if that guy doesn't notice your feelings, he really doesn't worth your time even if you are in love with him. I know what I'm talking about because I've been in the same situation like you.

And if you could give him a sign about your feelings, even a hug, I'm sure he'll realize things soon. But don't tell him face to face you like him because it will probably make him push you away. And I don't think you want that.

That's all I can write. I wish you the best.

I can't get him off my mind, I never can. I'm sick of this, I hate it. We'll never be together, I know that. It's all fine and good. Does my slut of a sister have to egg him on though? I hate her, I really do. She knows how I feel about him but she keeps it up. I could slap her, I really could.

He's always so sweet with me, I'm not going to complain about that... It's just, I'm never quite sure if what he says is genuine or not. Maybe he's just like this with everyone, I don't know. Jealousy is something I can't stand, and yet lately, I'm riddled with it.

Last night was horrible. When she left the room for ten minutes, he told me to come sit next to him. Which I did, he was saying he wanted to be able to talk to me properley and that he couldn't unless I was sitting with him. Which was all fine and good. But then she came back.. Everytime I opened my mouth to say anything, she'd pull a face or critisice. Eventually I had to move away, otherwise it would've turned into a full-on bitch fight. I didn't want that.

But why should I have to move? He actually wanted me there...

There was a very embarressing beginning to the night anyway, which I won't mention, but she continously kept trying to make things worse. What kind of sister behaves like that? In the end, she got him to start winding me up too. :-x

I dragged him up to dance with me during two songs and it was nice, but I can't help but wonder if he'd rather have been with her. Why is she so special? She's a fucking arsehole, only cares about herself and doesn't have a worthwhile opinion on anything.

She's pretty, that is about IT.

Why is it that I am forever destined to be "a nice girl/a good friend"? I don't want that, I have plenty of other people that I can be nice and friendly to. Why can't he see how much it's hurting me? :crybad:

When my parents dropped me off at my nana's house last night, he seemed a bit sad that I was leaving, but then again, he had her. So imagine my elation to talk to my mam this morning and find out the two of them had gone out together today. It's not fair.

Jeez, I really need to get over myself, I know that. I just care about him so much.

It's really not fair from your sister, to be like that. She should really mind her own business, but i know, that sisters never do that.

That girl reminds me on that typical girl you meet at least once in your life. You never want to see her again. and i completely understand how you must hate her! those girls actually have a skill to control people, which confuses the guys. and i bet that's why he's acting like this. It's only her.

I know, that it's not that easy, buy maybe you should go and talk to him. that way you can be sure about the way he feels. there must be something he likes about you, well, he asked you to sit with him (:

and please, don't put yourself down. You are amazing :hug:

if you wanna talk to somebody, feel free to PM me (:

Thanks you three, really, it means so much to me. I'm going to take your advice on board, I'm just scared you know? I'm sick of making a fool out of myself.

He actually said to me yesterday (on msn, before the party) that he thought of me as his best friend. I said something like, "I think you may be lying just a little bit." And he said that no, he wasn't lying. Just maybe overreacting. He was saying how we really got each other and that all day, he looks forward to talking to me. It really meant so much to me, but then... all the shit I posted about happened. :/