What's YOUR Story?

Guest Arya

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's going to be tough to follow that but here it goes:

I was born 3 months early (Harry, we could be premature buddies) in January 1992. I grew up in Albany, New York. I went to a small school for elementary/middle school. There was like only 28 kids in my class, so everyone was good friends. For high school I went to a school with a JROTC program (military). I had to cut my hair which didn't make me happy, but other than that, it was pretty cool.

I was in a band that was pretty good. We recorded a demo and almost got singed by a label that signed a lot of local bands, but our guitarist got expelled from our school for drugs, and we would never see him again because he lived far away, so that went down the drain. A year later I would have to move to St. Louis because my dad was re-locating his company because he grew up here. I didn't know anyone here so that was big for me. I still go to a "smaller" high school (~400 kids). I was on the soccer team, but didn't play all season because I had a stress fracture in my right leg. We came 5th in state.

I feel that I'm better friends with the people that I work with (at an ice-cream shop), which is kind out weird for me because they are all 19-23 years old.

tl;dr: I play bass/guitar, soccer and inline hockey, moved to St. Louis a year ago.

^I wasn't born as prematurely as you I don't think, probably 3-4 weeks too early.

Sucks to hear about how the band not working out because of the guitarist too.

Heh, also of note about me, I had braces for 3 years (and also got bullied because of that, called "train tracks" frequently at school) because I had an improperly developed jaw that could not physically fit 32 teeth like normal people can, so as a result as I grew my teeth kinda struggled to fit in my mouth and pushed against each other so when I smiled, it looked pretty screwed up.

I was born in central london at University College Hospital and was a week late I was meant to be born on 31st August 1989 but came 7th September (in which that weeks difference would later mean I'd be in the year below in school)

I live in a small, mainly quiet town in North London. The biggest thing (that I can remember) happening was they filmed like 3 seconds of footage for the 3rd Harry Potter film. (When they get on the bus and it's shown whizzing down the street, thats my local town.) It was chosen for looking old, which is weird as just about 30 seconds down the road it's all modern.

I had a relatively normal childhood, if not a bit clumsy. I broke my leg at 3, jumping off my sisters bed (she had a bunk bed = not such a good idea)

Then quite a few years later I came back from going out with my dad, and it was really icy and I ran up the path to the door, thus slipping mid run and flying about 3 feet before smashing my face into the path.

Also around the same time I cracked my head open playing football. I jumped for the ball same as someone else but my height made it so his jaw connected with my head. In true manly fashion, I carried on playing unknowingly until someone pointed out my hair was now a nice red colour.

Moving on from that, I moved to secondary where it wasn't the worst time but equally wasn't the best time. Got bullied for a few years, which made me extremely quiet and withdrawn from people so I did feel pretty low at times. Then I was wondering about friends and all! I had some good friends at school, just some of the time I'd wonder what I was doing wrong!

Nowadays im a lot better then how I was, but it still does feel at times weird to have really good friends, but i've generally got used to that! One thing that does seem to weird to me is being friends with girls. As in secondary, many used to view me negatively for generally no real reason, so rumours used to be spread and people believed them so I got used to the idea I was generally disliked or thought of as nasty or disgusting by girls.

I mainly really discovered internet forums and friends on the internet in around 2004/2005 and then met some pretty amazing people who helped me through a lot!

So this is gonna be long...

I was born in Mission blah blah blah...

My dad beat me until I was 15 months old. That kinda sucked. My mom finally left him and we were on our own for a while.

My mom was on welfare so it was pretty hard to get by and stuff. My brother had to go into a foster home when he was 7 cause he tried to kill my mom. (Yes you read that right) So for a long time it was just me and my mom. My brother came home on the weekends.

My dad doesn't really wanna have anything to do with me. There's not really much to put about him.

My mom was with this guy, his name was Jerry. She thought it was love but he was sexually molseting both me and my brother. When she found out she left him right away.

Then there was Will. I thought he was a pretty cool guy for the first few months. (Keep in mind, I'm only about 5 at this point) Then he started to hit my brother. It started out as little dsmacks here and there but then it turned into punches. I remember getting up one night to go to the bathroom and he had my brother by the neck and was smashing his head up against the wall. It really scared me.

My mom left him but then he came back. She didn't want to admit it but he was hitting her to. And then it went from her to me. He would pick me up litterally by my ear or my hair if I ddn't do something right. There was another instance where I wanted to play sega and he didn't want me to so he grabbed me by my hair and threw me against the wall. He had heart problems and shit so he just sat around doing nothing. And when he was doing something good, it usually turned to be a warfest between him and my mom.

After she left him, things were a lot better. I went off to school and it was great.

Even before school started I had to go to court to try and get Jerry in Jail. It was the wordt thing seeing him again. I was only 6. He would try and get my attention during the hearing but I did everything in my power not to look at him. Things went on and stuff.

Fast-Foward to when I was 13.

Grade 7 I decided to call my dad. He picked up we talked for about 5 minutes. The conversation consisted of a lot of "But your mom has to sign these papers that say I can talk to you..." I remember the last thing I said to him was "So basically you don't want to talk to me ever again?"

And he said "Well...No." and just hung up. Since then musiv is pretty much the only thing keeping me alive right now. Thank go for that!

Fast-foward again to now.

From then to now, I'm a totally different person. I stand up for myself and shit. I see my real dad sometimes around town. He doesn't even look at me.

A year ago, I found out that Jerry had done it to another little girl. I swore to my mom if I saw him I would kill him. Right now he's on house arrest. I've tried to kill myself on more than one occasion but my life pretty much is great now. I have great friends and people I can talk to. I even found this really cool message board where we talk about Paramore and a bunch of other stuff. I feel like I've gotten really close to everyone here.

Wow, this took a lot.

I know you posted this two years ago, but honestly, I cried after reading that. I never knew that about you and I feel so sad that happened. :hug:

I was born the day before mothers day, 1998.

Nothing major happened until I was about 3 and got a series of eye infections.

went to early education at 4, nothing notable happened otherwise. Never broke any bones. went on a three day, two night school camping trip in may.

Baby pic, anyone?

babypic.jpg

wasn't I cute?

anyways.

• 3 weeks later...

my story...its so confusing...only three people know it and SP which is gone now.my story...maybe i'll post it later...its not like i was abused raped or anything...but...confusion does crazy things to people lol

I was born on the 5th of February,1994. Born and raised in Romania,I was a cheerful kid,listening to a lot of music and singing every day[i was even inventing anthems for Romania,lovely,huh?]. I never knew my father,found out in the 2nd grade that I have a half brother,found out later that I have 2 other half-sisters.I read a lot of books,I was even quoting lines from books I'd read. I had a pretty normal childhood,I guess.I've hated French since 5th grade,when they actually made us learn it. I was obsessed with English/German and stuff. I started listening to bands like Bullet for my Valentine,Drowning pool,and so on[;|] when I was in the 6th grade,started taking drama classes last year and planning to learn how to play the guitar this year. Started high school last year and I hate it,really. Mostly because of my classmates and stuff. At the moment I'm in vacation and it feels so damn good to do nothing all day long. I don't want September to come,nonono.