Bendith Deleted the post about TWYG

clowdiaa

posted on lj com; thought some of you might want to know:

I've been talking to FueledByAdam for a while and I decided to ask him something about Paramore.

[18:20] CamsAbcs: hey do you know or think paramore will release another single for riot!

[18:21] fueledbyadam: the next one is being decided now

[18:21] CamsAbcs: will it be filmed soon?!

[18:21] fueledbyadam: next month

:) Looks like there is a new single for February or March.

well hopfully they change the single because i mean like, when they realeased crushcrushcrush i got really upset because it seemed like they had money in mind because its one of their more up-beat popy songs, and i was around the time they were on mtv alot. i mean the singles were supose to be misery buisness, born for this, and hallejuah, it even says that on their advertiseing posters, sure, they dont have to be those exact singles but i mean, cant you tell they have picked their most mainstream sounding tracks as singles? i love all their songs but i'd like to see for a pessmist im pretty optimistic or born for this as a single :]

you guys dont understand the final reason for a single. It is to get maximum exposure in top 40 radio panel. Some songs fit that format and others do not.

In other words as much as I love let the flames and Fences to compete, that chart is so competitive with a lot of hip hop stars and Beyonce and Alicia Keys. The radio stations always go with the sound of her station. I think we all would like to have this chart get a lot hipper and allow more diversity in music.

End game is to have a song that will last a long time and appeal to the most people. Good news is we have a lot of great songs and people seem to be more open to this band after MIZMIZ AND CRUSH. Paramore are a stand alone band in a market of a lot of generic music, not to mention they can actually perform these songs live with a very close rendition. Hope this helps clean up the single dillema.

well hopfully they change the single because i mean like, when they realeased crushcrushcrush i got really upset because it seemed like they had money in mind because its one of their more up-beat popy songs, and i was around the time they were on mtv alot. i mean the singles were supose to be misery buisness, born for this, and hallejuah, it even says that on their advertiseing posters, sure, they dont have to be those exact singles but i mean, cant you tell they have picked their most mainstream sounding tracks as singles? i love all their songs but i'd like to see for a pessmist im pretty optimistic or born for this as a single :]

you guys dont understand the final reason for a single. It is to get maximum exposure in top 40 radio panel. Some songs fit that format and others do not.

In other words as much as I love let the flames and Fences to compete, that chart is so competitive with a lot of hip hop stars and Beyonce and Alicia Keys. The radio stations always go with the sound of her station. I think we all would like to have this chart get a lot hipper and allow more diversity in music.

End game is to have a song that will last a long time and appeal to the most people. Good news is we have a lot of great songs and people seem to be more open to this band after MIZMIZ AND CRUSH. Paramore are a stand alone band in a market of a lot of generic music, not to mention they can actually perform these songs live with a very close rendition. Hope this helps clean up the single dillema.

Hooray for David Bendeth!! He's exactly right by the way.

well thats what i was saying, they're picking mainstream songs, like you said, to be on the top 40 panel on the radio, and i have no problem with that but im sure there other songs that could last a while on the radio, and since people are more open to them now because of misery buisnes and crushcrushcrush, they should pick a single that would truly represent them as a band, but like you said they have to pick one that can format the radio.... but anyways, if you really are david bendeth, you did a really good job on produceing Chiodos's and The Almost's Cd's and Paramore's too of course lol

well thats what i was saying, they're picking mainstream songs, like you said, to be on the top 40 panel on the radio, and i have no problem with that but im sure there other songs that could last a while on the radio, and since people are more open to them now because of misery buisnes and crushcrushcrush, they should pick a single that would truly represent them as a band, but like you said they have to pick one that can format the radio.... but anyways, if you really are david bendeth, you did a really good job on produceing Chiodos's and The Almost's Cd's and Paramore's too of course lol

That really is David Bendeth and he's right with what he says...singles are all about getting exposure for the band, getting radio airplay, appealing to a wider audience. And it's extremely difficult to get a song on modern Top 40 radio. It's a very constrained format and for any rock band to break through there, their single choices have to be pitched to the widest appeal possible.

It's a huge credit to Paramore that they've managed to make that leap with MizBiz and now crushx3. It shows the talent they have and the appeal they have to a really broad audience.

And when that wider audience goes and buys RIOT! because they hear MizBiz or crushx3 on the radio, then they can love Let the Flames Begin or Miracle as much as we do :)