Fall Out Boy

x3__kim

• 4 weeks later...

Seriously? They changed their pre-order partner to Walmart from iTunes? The same Walmart that will only sell edited versions of albums?

I wonder how much Walmart paid them to do this. I'm disappointed in FOB unless there's a better explanation for this than money. Right now, it smells like money is the reason to me.

Wal-Mart Infinity On High Pre-Order with Exclusive Bonus Track Starts Next Week!

That’s right, kids. Starting on December 26th, you’ll be able to pre-order the Infinity On High digital album from walmart.com. Anyone who pre-orders the album will instantly get the digital single "This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arms Race." Then on February 6th, along with the full album, you will also receive an exclusive bonus track only available through walmart.com!

Due to a last minute change in our pre-order partner, our cover art contest winner will now be featured exclusively at walmart.com. That means we’re gonna need to pick our winners a little bit early (as in this week). There are so many amazing ones (and some really, really bad ones) to choose from, it’s gonna be pretty difficult. Wanna find out who won? Check out walmart.com on December 26th!

Thanks,

Falloutboyrock.com

• 1 month later...
whoa they're playing a SUPER small/private show at the roxy on feb. 10th.

that place is SMALL.

oh wait its called the flight 206 tour....hahah they're really trying to follow in jay-z's footsteps and his Hangar tour.

How small? I saw them at the 9:30 club, which holds about 950. I thought it was bigger than that, but I checked the signs on the wall this time and that's its official capacity...

yea i just saw the bulletin about it.

sounds interesting. it kinda annoys me how they keep getting closer to the rap industry, or whatever. what with Kanye West remixing a couple of their songs now, and them being featured on Timbaland's next album =/

I think it works for them...the new record definitely has a little bit of a funky edge and you can hear it in places on FUCT as well...

Plus, when Jay-Z runs your label, you've got to use that, right? :)

yea, true. but i guess i'm just one of those people who wishes they were still a little like the band they were when TTTYG came out

Yeah...and I have to admit that I'm a relative newcomer to FOB...I didn't buy TTTYG until right before FUCT came out...

All the pre-show music before they came out onstage was hip hop - mostly Jay-Z. Until they cranked up "Livin' on a Prayer", of course :)

Yeah...and I have to admit that I'm a relative newcomer to FOB...I didn't buy TTTYG until right before FUCT came out...

All the pre-show music before they came out onstage was hip hop - mostly Jay-Z. Until they cranked up "Livin' on a Prayer", of course :)

I bought it right around FUCT came out as well, but i instantly fell in love with it. Plus, around that time, a lot of the publications and interview with them, etc. were all from the TTTYG era-ish, because they weren't no huge, so i was like, obsessed a little and fell in love with THAT band. but they really have changed

they did the same here, and my cousin, who really only listens to rap (but only came cuz we had the ticket) was happy after a night of the rock =]

I bought it right around FUCT came out as well, but i instantly fell in love with it. Plus, around that time, a lot of the publications and interview with them, etc. were all from the TTTYG era-ish, because they weren't no huge, so i was like, obsessed a little and fell in love with THAT band. but they really have changed

they did the same here, and my cousin, who really only listens to rap (but only came cuz we had the ticket) was happy after a night of the rock =]

The funniest thing at the show I saw was that the WHOLE crowd was singing along to "Livin' on a Prayer" - and the security guards upfront were looking at each other like "WTF?"