Religion??

the1

Your thoughts and beliefs??

I don't beleive. I find it fine if people do, as long as they don't force it on others. Few things piss me off more than fucking preachers (that's why I respect Pmore so much)

Let's try not to argue here!! (I'm telling myself that too).

Why do you believe? Life changing experience?? Upbringing??

For me, I just can't be arsed. I'd rather not worry about God and where's he's gonna take me once I die. Live for today and all that jazz.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Agnostic. I wear a cross, but because of the person who gave it to me not religion.

I really don't mind what people believe, it's all up to them. In fact i'm almost jealous that they can have such complete faith in their religion, but it's just not for me.

On the same kind of topic, i was a london tube the other day and this guy came round like, waving this massive wooden cross in our faces mumbling whatever, me and the people i was with are not religious and actually found it quite funny (he was obviously off his trolley) but this woman got really aggravated and had a proper go at him; she was catholic herself, apparently and still found it offensive.

So anyway, religion is fine. More than fine. It's when it gets pushed onto others that it becomes a problem.

or when you say or do something and someone is like OH MY GOD JESUS IS GOING TO SEND YOU TO HELL FOR THAT. or w/e thats fucking annoying

Yep, exactly.

If I say Oh My God in a patronising way or if I'm surprised or something, I just say it, it doesn't mean anything, it's an expression many people use, but I get wrong off my nana for putting God's name in vain. xD

So now I try and say Oh My George. xD

Oh, and another thing, religion is fine when people are what they are but I'm so fed up with people forcing me to tell them why I don't believe, it's my personal opinion, what difference does it make to their lives? SHEESH!

Actually, thinking about it, i do have a problem with Jehovah's Witness. Not the people, so don't gett too offended if anyone here is, but the belief system is fucking stupid. My neighbour's are Jehovah's Witness, and one year they point blank refused to come into our house when we had a christmas tree in the lounge, and actually properly like, lectured me and my sisters when we went trick or treating- WE WERE LIKE 7 YEARS OLD.

Seriously.

Grates on me.

I dont like it when people go from door to door saying "You should join this religion blah blah blah" Its annoying.

Oh I love it when the mormons come round. They usually come over from America about twice a year and go knocking on people's doors. I usually just waste their time. I listen to what they have to say, let them keep talking for ages and ages, then say "actually I disagree" and shatter their hopes of them thinking they could convert me, and shut the door xD

Actually, thinking about it, i do have a problem with Jehovah's Witness.

Ohh I never answer the door to Jehovah's witnesses, but one of the ones that comes round by me, has this ridiculous wig so I usually just laugh at him through the window.

I'd class myself as "spiritual" rather than "religious". Actually "spiritual" probably is the wrong word... but I don't believe in one faith or religion, have never been to Sunday School and extremely rarely go to church (unless it's a funeral or a wedding). I have a belief of someone watching over us, like a guardian angel or something. Not too sure why though. But I do.

I'm a Christian, though for a while I was being raised as a Catholic. I don't have a problem with people of different religions or no religion at all. I have friends of various religions and we have great religious debates that don't go ignorant or turn into fights.

I don't believe in shoving religion down a person's throat; rather, I believe that the person should want it themselves. If a friend of mine has a question about my religion and is interested in it, I will talk to them about it. I'm just not all for jumping out of bushes screaming, "BELIEVE IN THIS OR I'LL NEVER TALK TO YOU AGAIN AND YOU'LL GO TO HELL!!!!"

this is a subject that i've been confused about for 10 or 11 years.

i'm raised as a catholic,

and my dad's pretty religious,

so its been thrown in my face for 17 years.

i'm not sure what i believe though,

i believe that theres god,

i believe that he sent his son down to earth.

but what i have a hard time believeing is what jesus did on earth.

i cant believe the ark thing,

or the bit where one of the mary's wiped jesus's face and his image was on the towel,

or how he healed ppl with a touch of his hand.

and i dont believe that he was resurrected.

i think that his soul was brought up to heaven and opened the gates,

i just dont know what happened to the body.

its all a jumbled mess in my head.haha

atheist, but please dont start this debate, i am offensive.

So am I.

I'm Christian, and if an Atheist thinks all Christians are the same, then they really need to get their head chopped off.

I hear so many FUCKING atheists say RIDICULOUS things like "Islam is better than Christianity" ... if any one on here thinks that, then DO NOT TALK TO ME. I will insult you till death.

Oh and stuff like "All Christians are preachers" etc...no we're not. You don't see me knocking on people's doors. I haven't told anyone on here BE CHRISTIAN OR YOU'LL GO TO HELL.

I think Katie knows what I'm talking about...there's this one guy...and oooh I want him DEAD.

I'm a Christian, though for a while I was being raised as a Catholic

That makes no sense. Catholic is a denomination of Christianity.

And please, no one tell me I'm wrong, I'm right. Just like Protestants, Anglicans, Orthodox...they're all DENOMINATIONS. They're not DIFFERENT "RELIGIONS"

Guest JadeIsRad

To quote the Apostle's Creed:

1. I believe in God the Father, Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth:

2. And in Jesus Christ, his only begotten Son, our Lord:

3. Who was conceived by the Holy Ghost, born of the Virgin Mary:

4. Suffered under Pontius Pilate; was crucified, dead and buried: He descended into hell:

5. The third day he rose again from the dead:

6. He ascended into heaven, and sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty:

7. From thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead:

8. I believe in the Holy Ghost:

9. I believe in the holy catholic church: the communion of saints:

10. The forgiveness of sins:

1l. The resurrection of the body:

12. And the life everlasting. Amen.

So yeah that's what I believe [although I don't class myself as a Christian] :]

hmm, i dont even know where to begin. i was raised a catholic but i dont consider myself one, if i had to pin a name to what i "believe" it would be agnostic but borderline atheist.

see my argument is back in time of the roman and greek empires, people didnt understand why the sun came and went, or about the tide, or about dreams, so they made up gods for that, to console what they didnt know, but then science proved that those gods did not need to exist, and i believe that one day science will prevail over religion but probably not during my lifetime or the next few generations after.

and i have quite angst against the catholic church. i really really detest the history, so much that i am ashamed to say i was raised a catholic. i can't take it when people say that "the bible says so"...last time i checked, people wrote the bible so therefore it is not from god therefore it has mistakes and its a book therefore it has been edited not once, twice, but hundreds of times....if you read the history of the bible just in the new testament alone and look at the differences between the four gospels and see when the dates of when each gospel was added, its contradicts itself SO friggin much.

uggghh, i just dont get why religion is such a big deal...not to get into politics but how people think that Obama is a muslim...even if he was a muslim...SO FUCKING WHAT?!? we are a secular government so religion shouldnt matter.

religion should be personal and when people take it to the next level is when i get pissed off.

I'm Christian, I was brought up that way. I don't try to force my religion on anyone. I think everyone has the right to believe whatever they want. My best friend in the whole world is agnostic. For me, I've just always felt there was a higher power, someone bigger than me. I don't need "proof."

I pretty much agree with everything fallen_angel said. All christians are not the same. If you think that then you're close minded.

religion should be personal and when people take it to the next level is when i get pissed off.

Exactly.I don't see the need to discuss my beliefs or why I believe the way I do.

No not all Christians are the same, no religion is. And THAT my friends is why I am an atheist. I think I could perhaps believe if there was one religion end of. But there are so many, so different stories and "facts" I don't know what to believe, it just annoys me, so I'm an atheist as it hurts my head to think of all the possibilites.

That makes no sense. Catholic is a denomination of Christianity.

And please, no one tell me I'm wrong, I'm right. Just like Protestants, Anglicans, Orthodox...they're all DENOMINATIONS. They're not DIFFERENT "RELIGIONS"

Well, I go to a Catholic school and have to study the religion as a core subject, so if you're wrong I'm going to say something just as you would say something if I am wrong (or so I hope you would).

Despite what people may think, being a Catholic and Christian are two different things. Yes, they have the same belief and could be considered the same thing; but there are so many differences between them, so yes, it actually does make sense.

There were things in the Catholic church that my family did not agree with, so we left the Catholic church and are now Fundamentalist Christians.

For the most part, Catholics and Christians are the same, but there are many differences that still separate the two. For instance, Christians don't believe it's necessary to go to confession. Christians believe in the direct contact with God for forgiveness.

Besides, I never said I switched religions. I said I was raised Catholic but am now Christian. It could be the same as saying, "I was raised Baptist but am now Protestant."