Debate Thread

the1

i agree with that.

i really do feel that the majority of the people who voted for him did just because he is 1/2 black. not saying thats what everyone did but thats probably why alot of people did.

BUT i do think he was the best choice.

The fact that people voted for him BECAUSE HE IS BLACK just further proves the racism in America. Race should have NO BEARING on elections like this.

I agree.

This might cause controversy, but if this was a white person voted in with reasons being known that ALOT of people voted him/her because he/she was white, there woulda been a bigger deal made of it.

I agree.

This might cause controversy, but if this was a white person voted in with reasons being known that ALOT of people voted him/her because he/she was white, there woulda been a bigger deal made of it.

Its true. and when there was LITTLE controversy about him being elected, they said that the fact that it's controversial is racist.

This part might get me in trouble for saying but it's my opinion... they make African American people seem like SUCH victims but they aren't.......

/leavethread.

Can Arnie be president? I know he owns california or whatever but is he ellgible for something bigger?

i dont think so.

was he born in the US? i'm not sure. but if we wasn't then he can't

i think i should be president hahaha

Its true. and when there was LITTLE controversy about him being elected, they said that the fact that it's controversial is racist.

This part might get me in trouble for saying but it's my opinion... they make African American people seem like SUCH victims but they aren't.......

/leavethread.[\B] [\QUOTE]

Not getting at you specifically, but those things were exactly what i meant about debating. You dont need to be defensive about it being your opinon, or state that your leaving the thread. Just debate about it if someone disagrees with you.

Edit: Aye i fucked the quote up.

On the subject of Obama, why are Americans dead against free healthcare? I just cannot figure that out at all. He's trying to give you FREE health care and you complain? :lol:

And I saw this the other day... http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8438852.stm edit: BBC have changed that, it did have quotes from residents saying no one thought it was a big deal.

We could always have a debate about race? :shifty: Apparently an American Survey said that white neighbourhoods will only be happy with 7% of their neighbourhood being black, any more and they start to complain.

On the subject of Obama, why are Americans dead against free healthcare? I just cannot figure that out at all. He's trying to give you FREE health care and you complain? :lol:

And I saw this the other day... http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8438852.stm edit: BBC have changed that, it did have quotes from residents saying no one thought it was a big deal.

We could always have a debate about race? :shifty: Apparently an American Survey said that white neighbourhoods will only be happy with 7% of their neighbourhood being black, any more and they start to complain.

I don't get that either. Been wondering about that for some time now.

I have no issues with people of a different race. I felt slightly intimidated when using a tram in Manchester at night, because my dad, sister and I were the only white people on the whole thing. Because of that, I have sympathy for solitary black families within a white community.

People of a different race are really rare here. And people usually don't have issues with these people. They'd rather think it's pretty interesting to meet a person who's of a different race. Some find it rather fascinating (including me,haha.) + it would be boring to all have the same hair colour,the same eye colour,the same skin colour... I don't know,but it would be boring,in my opinion.

And actually,race doesn't make us more beautiful,more violent,smarter or I don't know how. In fact,we're all human beings. And it really depends on the education a person receives.

And sorry if this sounds weird or whatever. I just couldn't find my words,haha.

People of a different race are really rare here. And people usually don't have issues with these people. They'd rather think it's pretty interesting to meet a person who's of a different race. Some find it rather fascinating (including me,haha.) + it would be boring to all have the same hair colour,the same eye colour,the same skin colour... I don't know,but it would be boring,in my opinion.

And actually,race doesn't make us more beautiful,more violent,smarter or I don't know how. In fact,we're all human beings. And it really depends on the education a person receives.

And sorry if this sounds weird or whatever. I just couldn't find my words,haha.

I totally get what you mean. & I agree :)

This.

I really don't get that either. I'd jump at the chance to have free healthcare if I was an American living in the US.

I really don't get that either. I'd jump at the chance to have free healthcare if I was an American living in the US.

Cause it's not quite like our free health care. I haven't read too much into the report, not being American and all, but I'm sure one of the points was that the health care you receive will be rationed and it's a Government committee that decides which treatment you're actually eligible for with no appeal process like they would typically receive from their insurers.

Like I said, I've not read too much into it and that's about as much as I can remember. All non-American citizens are entitled to free health care, illegal or not. I remember that one as well.

Anyone shed some more light?