Life Plans

CaughtInTheRiot

(Skip to the bottom if you don't feel like reading my thought out post.)

I've been thinking about this A LOT recently, considering I am graduating high school in about 8 months, and I have been really looking into my 'plan'. This is what I have come up with.

Step 1: Graduate High School with A GPA of 3.5 or higher.

Step 2: Attend Full Sail University in Orlando, FL for 12 months to receive an Associate's Degree in Recording Arts.

Step 3: Attend Full Sail University in Orlando, FL for 10 months to receive a Bachelor's Degree in Music Business

Step 4: Get a job in Tour Management, and a Part-time job when not touring in a recording studio.

Step 4: Wait until bored with Tour Management.

Step 5: Attend Full Sail University (either in person, or online) for 13 months to receive a Master's Degree in Music/Record Production

Step 6: Open a Recording Studio somewhere.

Step 7: Record music for upcoming bands, and chill.

:)

Although, in the words of Anthony Green, and the rest of Circa Survive "Nothing you ever planned on ever turned out the way you planned!" So, I am deathly afraid that the economy is too far gone to recover, and the government is too far ignorant to recover it. I NEED student loans to go to college. Full Sail is an 8-hour a day, 6 Days a week college. I can't work during that. Also, my sister will be in college during this also. (She is going to Full Sail as well, and will be graduating on nearly the same day as me, (hopefully :/). My parents are already paying for her college education as well, and Full Sail isn't exactly the cheapest school ever.

Non-thought out Post:

Anyhow, What's you guys 'plans'? If you haven't already done something, then tell us about what you want to do. If you haven't thought of something, then tell us what you might want to do. If you have already done all of that, tell us what you do.

Or don't. Your choice. :)

• Like 1

OkaaaayYYY...

Step One : Make Music That'll Hit The Soft Spots Of People

Step Two: Stop The Capitals

Step three: Do shows...get a myspace and show people my music...I won't be showing too much "actual" people..but record people...people who can get me somwhere

Step four: Now on this part anything can happen, I could be successful with the record guy, or I could be playing tons of epic shows in coffee shops.

And then I'll have to see for myself after step four.

Edit:

Basically try to get at least ONE good commercial hit. Because that means money, And that'll let me keep going onwards with it...Y'know the awesome studio quality songs...Everything basically.....try to not be a one hit wonder....

That sounds like an awsome plan. Good luck.

I'm graduating this year as well.

My goals this year are to go steady, and do all my homework. I really dont make a certain gpa goal. I never follow through.

I plan to go to school to be an elementary shool or a drama teacher. Maybe both. Do drama in the summer.

Yeah, thats my plan.

That sounds like an awsome plan. Good luck.

I'm graduating this year as well.

My goals this year are to go steady, and do all my homework. I really dont make a certain gpa goal. I never follow through.

I plan to go to school to be an elementary shool or a drama teacher. Maybe both. Do drama in the summer.

Yeah, thats my plan.

Thank you :)

I always have thought teaching school would be fun, but I would probably be like a math teacher or something, but not the asshole kind, the cool kind.

Okey, i don't have lots of plans yet but anyway.

Step one: Go out of what's called "high school" here with average over 5.

Step two: Get in to the school i want, and this is the same as high school in us, go second year in high school here, in the us, that will be the last year on high school in the us.

Step three: Prolly start on a univeristy, don't know what i wanna be yet, but i guess i'm either gonna be a vet, photograph, lawyer.

Yeah, that's my plans for now.

Well I already graduated high school and got jobs and that was my step 1 and 2.

Step 3: Move out!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not get kicked out AGAIN.

Step 4: Finally go to college majoring in Architecture.

Step 5: Well......become an architect.

HA like those things will ever happen...... ah sometimes I'm such a pessimist....

Be ready for disappointment that's all i'm saying

Very true.

Aye button moon, Alex

lol

I have no plans. Whatever happens, happens.

Okay, so I do have some idea of what I'd wanna do. Have money and live a happy life. There.

Basicallly I wanted to do something with computers, so did a two year college course (complete waste of time) and found there were no IT jobs about. Decided I'd be interested in web design, and found out there were no jobs for that about either. Stumbled into the job I've got now, which is "finance" - working for a credit union, which is a good job. I do like it, the only problem is that at some point I'd have to move on from it and the odds of getting another job at a different credit union are really low (only 1 credit union per city in the UK, if your lucky).

So really I have no idea what I wanna do. I suppose it goes back to "Whatever happens. Happens"

1. Graduate my current University course, Computer Science. Going to try for a joint degree with Software Engineering.

2. Move to the States. Recent studies show that Computer Science graduates earn the more than any other graduate from a different course.

3. Live life well thanks to the exchange rate8)

Hum.

1. I'd quite like to not completely-uttlerly-and-fuckerly fail my A-levels, that'd be nice.

2. Get into uni. Don't know which Uni. Think i'll just go for fun. Study either journalism or history (perhaps even media, i'm so undecided).

3. Ideally make it into the skate industry seeing as i already have my foot in the door. If not, i'd love to work in TV either as a director or a script writer or ...something.

4. If i suck myself back into real life, i'll become a History teacher. How dull.

BASICALLY I DUNNO LIKE. Only got a year and a bit to sort myself out as well, oh well.

Get hald-decent GCSE's, go to college and study media and photography, maybe go to Uni for a bit not totally sure then get into the music journalism world. xD

Like that'll ever happen. I'm way too lazy.

GCSEs are far easier than you will ever, ever imagine...

- Get out of high school, properly.

- Go to uni to study whatever. I'm not sure if I'm going immediatly to uni when I finish high school or wait a year. It depends. I'm just going to uni sometime.

- Then live my life. I don't know. I kinda like to be a photograpger like Ryan Russel or Julian Gilbert.

- Oh, and maybe move somewhere else. Somewhere with better people. Somewhere nice. Somewhere waaw.

Oh well, the future freaks me out anyways.