Album of the year 2008?

Ross

me too! I've listened to all of 2 songs from it! haha. I admit I do like their sound better now compared to their older stuff though.

Ahhh and I forgot Katy Perry-- Very impressive stuff!

and the jonas brothers a little bit longer, it was a much more mature and deep sound then what I had expected!

:rotfl: jonas brothers more mature and deep sound??? haha. im cracking up.

Valencia - We All Need A Reason To Believe

Lydia - Illuminate

Anarbor - The Natural Way EP

VersaEmerge - Perceptions EP

Panic at the Disco - Pretty.Odd

and some decent releases from The Audition, Cute Is What We Aim For, Forever the Sickest Kids, From First To Last, Emarosa and Saosin

though I'm still hoping Folie A Deux will be my Album of the year

Been a shit year for music in general.

I can highly disagree! But I wont get in depth...

Some I think are:

Can't Stop Won't Stop - The Maine

Fast Time At Barrington High - The Academy Is...

Indestructible - Disturbed

Underdog Alma Mater - Forever The Sickest Kids

Fragile Future - Hawthorne Heights

The Carter III - Lil' Wayne

That's all I can think of atm, when I think of more, I'll post em'.

EDIT: Pretty.Odd. - Panic At The Disco

Haha Rise Against the commercial butt puppets.

My vote for albums of the year is by The King Blues and it's called "Save The World, Get The Girl"

Been a shit year for music in general.

I nearly put The King Blues in my earlier post (it'd definitely make my final list but you probably knew that already :P).

But I do agree about it being a crap year, no where near as good as last year imo.

Next year will be awesome. Brand New, glassJAw and Manchester Orchestra all hopefully putting out albums.

I would include TBS on there but judging by how they have been going since Jesse Lacey (and then John Nolan and now Fred Mascherino) left the band, I don't have high hopes. At all.

I'm actually looking forward to the new TBS, maybe it will not be their greatest but i'm ready for some new music. wow now that I think about it so many bands have records coming out at 2009 that i'm really excited about! haha.

This year I liked :

3OH!3- Want

Mindless Self Indulgence- if

The Academy Is...- Fast Time At Barrington High

Underoath- Lost In The Sound Of Separation

Alesana- Where Mmyth Fades To Legend

From First To Last- s elf titled

Brighten- Early Love EP

Goodbye Blues - The Hush Sound (Chris :( )

Greetings From... EP - A Rocket To the Moon

Can't Stop, Won't Stop - The Maine

The Bright Lights EP - This Providence

This War Is Ours - Escape The Fate (BUNNY MABBITT!)

Want - 3OH!3

Shudder - Bayside

Fiction Fever EP - The Bigger Lights

God, so so so many more :)

im just so sick of bands or artists making music because they want to have "hit" songs or be heard on the radio. and all the disney crap. having a hit song isn't everything. and then there are the fans of the lesser known bands. think the favourite band is great because almost no one knows them. then they become more successful and their "fans" get grumpy. to get a better idea of what im trying to say watch the documentary "american hardcore" about punk in the 1980s asap! bands that didn't care about having a hit song on the radio. you don't have to like punk to enjoy this documentary because after watching it im sure you'll realize the way the music industry markets bands or artists is bs. there are so few bands or artists that are playing music because they love it and not caring about being famous or popular.

I would've said Pretty.Odd as I love Panic! (notice I still use the !?) but it didn't suck, it just didn't make an impact.

I loved their old sound, fun and dancey, quite sexy too haha, I do NOT want four guys in their early twenties sounding like they shoul've been born 50 years ago. :roll:

I do listen to Pretty.Odd. but only occassionally as background noise when I'm reading.

im just so sick of bands or artists making music because they want to have "hit" songs or be heard on the radio. and all the disney crap. having a hit song isn't everything. and then there are the fans of the lesser known bands. think the favourite band is great because almost no one knows them. then they become more successful and their "fans" get grumpy. to get a better idea of what im trying to say watch the documentary "american hardcore" about punk in the 1980s asap! bands that didn't care about having a hit song on the radio. you don't have to like punk to enjoy this documentary because after watching it im sure you'll realize the way the music industry markets bands or artists is bs. there are so few bands or artists that are playing music because they love it and not caring about being famous or popular.

...you have Avril Lavigne in your signature, so shut up yeah? She's just as crap as most of the stuff you poke fun at. Let us not forget that we are also on a Paramore forum- a very commmercial band. What did you expect.

Anyway, as for me....

From First To Last -s/t

or

A7X- Diamonds In The Rough.

Admittedly, this year has been good for generic metal, but not much else.