overrated bands/artists thread !

emily !

Almost all mainstream pop. But just to name a few:

Rihanna

Justin Timberlake (I agree he is talented, I just dont like his music and its being played so much on the radio, that it sometimes makes me wanna smash it).

Eminem

Lil Wayne

Kanye West

50 Cent

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Beyonce

Katy Perry

Pussycat Dolls

Pink

Timbaland

Almost all mainstream pop. But just to name a few:

Rihanna

Justin Timberlake (I agree he is talented, I just dont like his music and its being played so much on the radio, that it sometimes makes me wanna smash it).

Eminem

Lil Wayne

Kanye West

50 Cent

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Beyonce

Katy Perry

Pussycat Dolls

Pink

Timbaland

Oi. You gon' get smacks from me and Louise, now! lol

Its been said earlier, but Coldplay is just one of those bands that I think gets way too much attention. Yes, they're talented musicians, but holy cow people, I cant tell their songs apart. They all sound the same to me.

agreed!

I used to like 'clocks' but after hearing more of their stuff, i'm so sick of that same, boring sound.

Arctic Monkeys

Just leave. Right now! Nah, only joking, but seriously, I think the Arctic Monkeys are a bloody good band and their first album was very good.

And Kings of Leon are overrated. Well, their last 2 albums were anyway. Their first 2 were criminally underrated.

Just leave. Right now! Nah, only joking, but seriously, I think the Arctic Monkeys are a bloody good band and their first album was very good.

And Kings of Leon are overrated. Well, their last 2 albums were anyway. Their first 2 were criminally underrated.

Artcic Monkeys are horribly overrated. Proof being the side project which sold out 2,000+ capacity venues just cause it was "that guy from that band".

And Kings of Leon have always been overrated. As I said earlier, Youth and Young Manhood was the most overrated debut of the past 10 years.

Its been said earlier, but Coldplay is just one of those bands that I think gets way too much attention. Yes, they're talented musicians, but holy cow people, I cant tell their songs apart. They all sound the same to me.

Maybe try seeing Coldplay live, then you'll see just how wrong the sentiment "all their songs sound the same is". I'm not even that big a Coldplay fan but they completely blew me away last night.

Coldplay are fucking amazing live, as are their records. Do not diss them until you have witnessed the greatness of the live performances.

completely agree wit ross.

Artcic Monkeys are horribly overrated. Proof being the side project which sold out 2,000+ capacity venues just cause it was "that guy from that band".

And Kings of Leon have always been overrated. As I said earlier, Youth and Young Manhood was the most overrated debut of the past 10 years.

I'd personally disagree. Like hell.

But I guess that's music. Different tastes and all that jazz.

for ross:

haha :P

aye, saw them 2006 i think at the iow festival.

fucking awesome.

although i do wish they had the viva la vida or death and all his friends a few years before now ;-)

It's awesome. I well need to see them with Jay-Z next year, fo' sho'.