The Blends/Graphics/Avatars/Wallpapers Thread - Part 4

thebrowncoat

Guro... I can't even comprehend what kind of effort is needed for this stuff... and I know close to nothing about image manipulation, but I'll say what I can!

I like the 2nd and 3rd the most. They stray farthest from the usual "image with a text slapped on top of it" -kind of setting. I like the way you colored the two faces of Hayley there. It sends the other one to the background and emphasizes the other. It has sort of a calming effect and makes a clear division between the pictures. In the other ones they are all colored the same, and they feel more chaotic, where there's multiple faces asking for the same attention.

What I think you should do is this: Have a clear center of the picture. It's partially taken care of in 2nd and 3rd ones, but not completely. The other face is colored a bit more vividly than the other, but they share about the same amount of space in the picture. My eyes keep bouncing between the different faces.

What you could try is having just one face in the picture, or making the other ones even more clearly part of the background. Human eyes tend to naturally draw towards another human's eyes so if there's plenty of them, and they are all about equally brought up, you end up with a messy picture.

Or then again, just ignore me, because you know a lot more about photoshopping than I do. :D Just a few pointers you could think of!

*enter grammar police* In the two last pictures, wouldn't the correct form be "she wears the biggest smile" as in, having the predicate in 3rd form instead of basic? ...I don't know if I just made any sense. :D I just translated the Finnish term to English. Feel free to unleash your own grammar police against me. :shifty:

Guro... I can't even comprehend what kind of effort is needed for this stuff... and I know close to nothing about image manipulation, but I'll say what I can!

I like the 2nd and 3rd the most. They stray farthest from the usual "image with a text slapped on top of it" -kind of setting. I like the way you colored the two faces of Hayley there. It sends the other one to the background and emphasizes the other. It has sort of a calming effect and makes a clear division between the pictures. In the other ones they are all colored the same, and they feel more chaotic, where there's multiple faces asking for the same attention.

What I think you should do is this: Have a clear center of the picture. It's partially taken care of in 2nd and 3rd ones, but not completely. The other one is colored a bit more vividly than the other, but they share about the same amount of space in the picture. My eyes keep bouncing between the different faces.

What you could try is having just one face in the picture, or making the other ones even more clearly part of the background. Human eyes tend to naturally draw towards another human's eyes so if there's plenty of them, and they are all about equally brought up, you end up with a messy picture.

Or then again, just ignore me, because you know a lot more about photoshopping than I do. :D Just a few pointers you could think of!

*enter grammar police* In the two last pictures, wouldn't the correct form be "she wears the biggest smile" as in, having the predicate in 3rd form instead of basic? ...I don't know if I just made any sense. :D I just translated the Finnish term to English. Feel free to unleash your own grammar police against me. :shifty:

I must say, I respect how you put so much effort into every single post. :)

Wow, I appreciate that comment, really! :hug: I do it for exactly this reason! I try to make each post a good read for someone. Maybe to enlighten someone's day. Maybe to give someone something to think about. It's not hard to do, and if I can make someones day a bit better with it, then I'm all for it. :) Knowing that there's someone who appreciates the effort makes it all even more worthwhile, so thanks again.

Cool =)

Thanks (:

Awesome ;)

Made some more stuff, just tried some different coloring, so that's why there's more of each one (:

awesome stuff! :D

some sigs i made this evening;

Hayley363-1.png

Hayley453msolata.png

Nvtelen1-1-2.png

[i tried to make something i never did before. haha]

Wow, I appreciate that comment, really! :hug: I do it for exactly this reason! I try to make each post a good read for someone. Maybe to enlighten someone's day. Maybe to give someone something to think about. It's not hard to do, and if I can make someones day a bit better with it, then I'm all for it. :) Knowing that there's someone who appreciates the effort makes it all even more worthwhile, so thanks again.

Awh, that's sweet and makes a lot of sense. :)

No problem at all! :hug:

What I think you should do is this: Have a clear center of the picture. It's partially taken care of in 2nd and 3rd ones, but not completely. The other face is colored a bit more vividly than the other, but they share about the same amount of space in the picture. My eyes keep bouncing between the different faces.

Thank you for constructive critic, it's very appriciated. (: And i'll definatly keep all that in mind. As for the grammar, i don't really know, but i think you're right, i'm not very good at english grammar tbh. I am rather good at norwegain grammar tho. xP haha

And thanks Betty!

Amazing stuff, btw :D

EDIT: @Louise, thanks hun! :mrgreen: