Swine Flu could be a pandemic

travel_hymn

At our "team huddle" (lmfao @ the name for a meeting) they read a letter about it to everyone. A bit over the top but it wasted 15 minutes, so I'm not complaining.

lol "team huddles" sound like a way of spreading swine flu :o

did anyone hear the guy in falkirk whos contracted it (without having been to mexico, he caught it cause hes friends with that couple who are fine now) on the news last night?

he actually said he was 'pretty gutted to be honest' cause he was feeling better then the doctors phoned to say he had swine flu.

i mean WIIIN.

did anyone hear the guy in falkirk whos contracted it (without having been to mexico, he caught it cause hes friends with that couple who are fine now) on the news last night?

he actually said he was 'pretty gutted to be honest' cause he was feeling better then the doctors phoned to say he had swine flu.

i mean WIIIN.

loool yeah I saw that, he was totally laid back about it. and his mum said he was a bit "under the weather" at the moment :roll:

Ah, so it's been said that the whole freak out over the Swine Flu was unnecessary for a good percentage of the death rate in Mexico from the Swine Flu were just suspected cases. As a result the actual rate of the supposed deaths has dropped quite considerably!

I've been sick the past few days and I'm sure it's just the common cold, not the swine flu. the thing hasn't even reached my area...so I wouldn't see how I could've got it.

I was really scared at first..i thought i was gonna have to be quarantined or something. LOL

they're comparing this outbreak to the flu outbreak in 1918.

Anyone who is doing that should be shot. I thought everyone had found that little thing called "common sense"? I mean the cases were way over-exagerrated in Mexico, as was the seriousness of it. The ads on TV here just say "wash your hands" - that's the way to stop it. Basically all swine-flu is a "nasty cold" that was new, and so everyone panicked because what? 16 people died in Mexico. The same figure of people who die from regular flu every year :roll:

The same figure of people who die from regular flu every year :roll:

yes. the same figure of people who die in a year died in the space of a few days/weeks. that makes it so okay.

...i'm actually being picky for the sake of it D: until i grow a curly tail and develop a sense of compassion towards my bacon sandwiches i'm so over the swine flu thing !

yes. the same figure of people who die in a year died in the space of a few days/weeks. that makes it so okay.

...i'm actually being picky for the sake of it D: until i grow a curly tail and develop a sense of compassion towards my bacon sandwiches i'm so over the swine flu thing !

I read that part on the BBC website :P Said something that the amount of people dying is no different to regular flu :shifty:

I just hate the way people over-reacted about it all

yuuup, serious.

it's ANNNNOYING, how people talk at school because of the flu,

"i hope you get the swine flu & die". you don't say that!

pretty stupid too, considering its near enough impossible in any developed country. unless your homeless.