First Impressions - brand new eyes

kwik-silva

just listened and...

- careful: good intro song, i really like it

- ignorance: skipped b/c i've heard it before.

- playing god: i didn't like it at first, but i think it will grow on me.

- bbbb: skipped since i've already heard it.

- turn it off: different from their "normal" sound, but i like it.

- the only exception: love that they put a slow, acoustic song on the cd.

- feeling sorry: so far my favorite on the album.

- looking up: i lied, this is my favorite on the album!

- where the lines overlap: i looooooove it!! i loved it when i watched live videos, but to hear it recorded makes me love it even more.

- misguided ghosts: this song made me do this :D when it came on. i wish they had more songs that sounded like this. reminds me of adelle/charlotte sometimes..y/n. either way hayley's voice sounds beautiful!

- all i wanted: reminds me of hayley's old demos

as of right now i think that they could have had a few more faster songs, but it's alot different than riot! & all we know is falling and i love that. they are re-invinting themselves each time they put out a new cd, but still keeping a bit of their original sound. i think that's what is going to keep them a fresh band, while gaining new fans at the same time. i think all of the songs will grow on me as i listen more, because i just did a quick run through them.

Honestly this is my favorite cd by them! It reminded me of their old music in way. I don't know it seems like people don't like it that much (probably because it's not RIOT) but whatever.. I think this is def.. tied with All We Know Is Falling. I love it so much. I love that it's not as popish as Riot it was, and the lyrics are more deeper. The guitar sounds so much better. I don't know. I love it..

I lovee Looking Up <3

misguiding ghosts, feeling sorry and the only exception are only okayy just now.

edit: take that back, the only exception is like... amazing <3

and feeling sorry is also no-words-for amazing.

so its only misguided ghosts :P

its good. waay better than riot cause its not all pop. it needs to grow on me. but for some reason all of there CDs grow on e to when im in love. like AWKIF i honesly didnt like it then it grew on me into obsession.

riot is okay.

this CD has potential. a few more listens im sure i'll be hooked.

misguided ghost and BBBB are the best ones by far, and looking up is pretty good too

misguided ghosts!!! <33333333333333 i want to hear this live, right now!

& playing god "if god's the game that your playin, well we must get more aquainted. because it has to be so lonely, to be the only one who's holy " love it!

didn't like the song at first, but now i'm focusing on the lyrics and they are so amazing.

just listened and...

- careful: good intro song, i really like it

- ignorance: skipped b/c i've heard it before.

- playing god: i didn't like it at first, but i think it will grow on me.

- bbbb: skipped since i've already heard it.

- turn it off: different from their "normal" sound, but i like it.

- the only exception: love that they put a slow, acoustic song on the cd.

- feeling sorry: so far my favorite on the album.

- looking up: i lied, this is my favorite on the album!

- where the lines overlap: i looooooove it!! i loved it when i watched live videos, but to hear it recorded makes me love it even more.

- misguided ghosts: this song made me do this :D when it came on. i wish they had more songs that sounded like this. reminds me of adelle/charlotte sometimes..y/n. either way hayley's voice sounds beautiful!

- all i wanted: reminds me of hayley's old demos

as of right now i think that they could have had a few more faster songs, but it's alot different than riot! & all we know is falling and i love that. they are re-invinting themselves each time they put out a new cd, but still keeping a bit of their original sound. i think that's what is going to keep them a fresh band, while gaining new fans at the same time. i think all of the songs will grow on me as i listen more, because i just did a quick run through them.

i thought the same thing about "all i wanted" very much like the old demos. ghosts and god are the two best. its official

• Like 1

Honestly this is my favorite cd by them! It reminded me of their old music in way. I don't know it seems like people don't like it that much (probably because it's not RIOT) but whatever.. I think this is def.. tied with All We Know Is Falling. I love it so much. I love that it's not as popish as Riot it was, and the lyrics are more deeper. The guitar sounds so much better. I don't know. I love it..

What the hell is that meant to mean? So.. because you don't like it, you obviously were a RIOT! Fanboy/girl?

What the hell is that meant to mean? So.. because you don't like it, you obviously were a RIOT! Fanboy/girl?

maybe she just means that a lot of people are used to RIOT! so when this came out it was so different they didn't know what to say. I'm not trying to take sides or anything, just justifying her statement.

I also know what you mean though, I wasn't a RIOT! fan at first but after a few listens it caught on for me.

Guess so.

I still think it's their worse album (possible the worse album i've heard all year?!?!?!) to date and I didn't like Riot! so figure that one out.

I've already thought of about 20 albums from this year that're worse (or, more correctly, not any better) than brand new eyes. :lol:

this album is growing on me :)

have to say that my only disapointiment is that it somehow seems like this album is slow comparing to Riot and AWKF it is not bad at all...but after hearing ignorance i was expecting a little more agressive...

my thoughts exactly. couldn't have said it better myself, haha.

• Like 1

i love this album more everyday. i cant actually say what my favourite track is, but i know my least favourites - misguided ghosts and feeling sorry.

i like what misguided ghosts is about, or trying to be about, but i just dont like the sound. i would say its probably the only song on the album that speaks for the band as a whole, though, and not just hayley. maybe thats why i find it a bit weak.

feeling sorry is simply nothing special. and its pretty damn mean, if its about who i (and probably most of us) think it is about.

also, anyone else think looking up is quite like woah? in a good way, lol.

i love this album more everyday. i cant actually say what my favourite track is, but i know my least favourites - misguided ghosts and feeling sorry.

i like what misguided ghosts is about, or trying to be about, but i just dont like the sound. i would say its probably the only song on the album that speaks for the band as a whole, though, and not just hayley. maybe thats why i find it a bit weak.

feeling sorry is simply nothing special. and its pretty damn mean, if its about who i (and probably most of us) think it is about.

also, anyone else think looking up is quite like woah? in a good way, lol.

??

misguided ghosts is my least favourite song too, i dunno, i don't like it much

looking up is woaaah haha, and careful is absolutely amazing <3

i can't choose a favourite, turn it off is amazing too :)

aye, its clever the way theyve done it - its pretty much about the same thing, and the structure and the chords are pretty much the same by the sounds of it.

TIO is probably a front runner for me too.