First Impressions - brand new eyes

kwik-silva

Overall, I'm quite blown away by brand new eyes. It is not as catchy as Riot!, and not as intense as AWKIF, but it's definitely more passionate and mature. I was expecting BNE to be more agressive and heavier than their previous stuff, but frankly, I'm glad it ain't. I'm happy they decided to focus more on emotion and passion than anything else.

My favorite songs are Careful, Playing God, Turn it Off and Looking Up. I was expecting more from The Only Exception. I feel that something's missing. I'm not used to Misguided Ghost yet, but I like it anyway.

The more I listen to it, the more I believe it is their best album. I haven't heard such honest music in a loooooong time.

The album as a whole, and especially lyrics remind me A LOT of Relient K.

Which is not a bad thing haha They have that quirky...I don't know what really but I just associate it with Relient K.

The only songs I don't care for too much are Feeling Sorry and Looking Up.

Relient K are a heavy christian band, i havnt listened to the album through my own choice, but with titles like Playing God, even there i can see where your coming from.

ok my thoughts:

Careful- amazing...i loved it without the lyrics and with them i love it even more

Playing God - i see that everyone said that they r disapointed with it ..i love it.. it can be my fav :)

Felling sorry- LOve it

Where the lines overlap- i love it as studio version couse you can hear Joshs vocals really good...(i am a sucker for his voice so that is why)

Misguided gost- acustic balads my thing

All i wanted- Amazing second FAV

....i'm going to bet a lot of money that by the end of the week i'll be the only one here who hasn't listened to anything but ignorance and bbbb :P

The only way I'm listening to it before the release date is if my Deluxe edition, which shipped today, gets here before the 29th. Otherwise, I'm in the same boat as you. :)

The only way I'm listening to it before the release date is if my Deluxe edition, which shipped today, gets here before the 29th. Otherwise, I'm in the same boat as you. :)

yeah, i'm not holding off if it gets here before the 29th haha

i'm not picky about the day, i just want it physically in my hands before i listen to anything

hahah i just realised that i said that like all the songs LMAO...

well almost :P

i admire you gus who r staying tough and not bending under the desire to listen it :)

the way i see it i would probablly do that if i had the way to buy the actuall album ...then i would wanted anything to kill the enthusiasm of opening the cd and playing it on cd player :)

Turn it off- wasn't doing it for me.

Where the lines overlap- I quite like it. much better than the concert version I first heard long, long ago.

All I wanted- At first I was like, I really like this guitar. Awhh, it's a swoony, song.. then BAM. this is intense. I love this track. really. Probably one of the best ones. then again, I haven't listened to the rest of the album. The end was slightly annoying, errrrghh! instrument whining...

Misguided Ghosts- I really like this. Acoustic and calm, but the lyrics are really good.

looking up- At first, the guitar made me think of one thing- Everlong by Foo Fighters, but once Hayley started singing it's was totally different and awesome. Reminds me of some of their older stuff.

Feeling Sorry- What will happen in 24 days?!? no, I like this track, but not as much as others. I'd label this as the Thats what you get of BNE. But the lyrics are more, rawr. thats the only adjective I could summon.

The Only Exception- awwh, the lyrics are totally sweet. Very cute. i like this track alot. Not alot else to say about this.

Careful- in the beginning it reminded me of a mix between Fences and Misery Business. Really. Good, though. maybe more like Born for this, a bit.

Playing God- the guitar is awesome in the beginning. The chorus is kinda typical. and it's not about god, either.

ok just got done listening to the album and i have to say that i actually like it. ignorance and bbbb are probably the worse two tracks on the album and misguided ghosts and all i wanted are the best two. i like this more than riot! but AWKIF is still my favorite record by them.

ok just got done listening to the album and i have to say that i actually like it. ignorance and bbbb are probably the worse two tracks on the album and misguided ghosts and all i wanted are the best two. i like this more than riot! but AWKIF is still my favorite record by them.

oh wow, i love those two, so that's saying a lot!