First Impressions - brand new eyes

kwik-silva

well I don't want anyone to get in trouble, just quotes would be nice. I don't need scans or anything.

Okay, here you go

" Along with "Ignorance", this song is about feeling judged or looked at thru a narrow mindset. Someone just doesn't get you - so, clearly - you're in the wrong. I have long passed been over it. There was a point where it was close to controlling me. It's hard to live under a microscope. Especially when tehse people are close enough to you they should see with their naked eye."

There's more to it, about the religious aspect and so forth, but I'll skip that cause it's a little bit long, I'll get to the last part -

"If you are a Christian or believe in Christ, you might know what I mean when I say that it's important to get the log out of your own eye before pointing out a tiny splinter in your brothers! Oh and for the record, the bible is meant to be a weapon against temptation and evil...Not against your riends' personal choice to live outside your own limits that you set for yourself."

/hands hurt, typed too fast. XD

Okay, here you go

" Along with "Ignorance", this song is about feeling judged or looked at thru a narrow mindset. Someone just doesn't get you - so, clearly - you're in the wrong. I have long passed been over it. There was a point where it was close to controlling me. It's hard to live under a microscope. Especially when tehse people are close enough to you they should see with their naked eye."

There's more to it, about the religious aspect and so forth, but I'll skip that cause it's a little bit long, I'll get to the last part -

"If you are a Christian or believe in Christ, you might know what I mean when I say that it's important to get the log out of your own eye before pointing out a tiny splinter in your brothers! Oh and for the record, the bible is meant to be a weapon against temptation and evil...Not against your riends' personal choice to live outside your own limits that you set for yourself."

/hands hurt, typed too fast. XD

thanks so much! You don't have to post them up here, if you wouldn't mind PMing them to me that'd be much appreciated :]

i've had all i wanted stuck in my head all day.

still think this is their best album to date. the more i listen the more in love i am!

Yeah, totally agree with you...I'm sorta afraid I'm gonna over-listen to this album and the particular favorite tracks of mine! like playing god and when the lines overlap

Okay, I decided to make a review, but I wasn't sure if I should make a new thread anyway, here is my BNE review:

1. Careful: This song has a very catchy intro, and I like this track. The only thing that bothered me about this track is the transition to the chorus, I think a little riff before the chorus would've been nice the first time the chorus started though. I also wasn't too fond of the hooks, but I didn't mind it though. 6/10

2. Ignorance: Clever yet simple intro, not my favorite. I get the message of this song, but I believe that it could have been written out better. This song is lucky because of how catchy it is. It is though, currently the most played track on my iPod, so I guess that it's a good thing. 7/10

3. Playing God: Once again, another clever intro. When she says "That I'm not just simple agin'", it sounds like she saying "Asian" because she accented the word. But beside that, the chorus sounds more like a Kelly Clarkson song. I almost wouldn't be surprised if she sang: "My life would suck without you". A bit of a generic song in my opinion, but it was also cool, with the small amount he sang, that Josh took part in it. 5/10

4. Brick By Boring Brick: Though I still prefer the MTV unplugged version, this is still an amazing song, very relative lyrics, it was an amazingly written song, not much more to be said other than when the band sings "bada ba ba da da dada" which was awesome. 10/10

5. Turn It Off: Out of all of the entire album, this song stood out the most to me. I felt that this song is just amazing throughout the entire thing. The lyrics are somewhat metaphorical, and I like that a lot, and I like that in music. I think that anyone can relate to this song, no matter what religion you are. 10/10

6. The Only Exception: This song is so well written, but the only issue that's with this song is that it's really slow and you cant stay as interested into this song for long. It's not really a song that I'd be able to sing along to anytime soon, but I like it anyway. 7/10

7. Feeling Sorry: This song doesn't do as much as I thought it would. Once again, this song is probably about Josh, like Ignorance. I thought the whole "You live inside a cave" didn't flow very well with the song. Probably my least favorited song on the album. 4/10

8.Looking Up: This is one of those songs you can sing along to. Very catchy and enjoyable. I like this track and for some reason it makes me really happy. Great song itself. 8/10

9.Where The Lines Overlap: Good song, the only part that's a letdown is the chorus, it a bit of a generic melody, but still catchy itself. Definitely not their best work. 7/10

10. Misguided Ghosts: Very simple yet meaningful song, I like it. It's slow but unlike The Only Exception, it can keep you hooked. It sounds like a song that I've heard before but I can't put my finger on it. I like this one a lot. 8/10

11. All I Wanted: Great song the end the album, slow at first, but then speeds up and your heart drops in the glory of the well fitted intro and then you just want to crap your pants and listen to this song again and again. Filled up with so much meaning. 9/10

Album overview: It thought it was a little slower compared to its predecessors, but that's okay. But in all opinion, but all of their albums were the greatest in the order they came out meaning: All We Know Is Falling > Riot! > brand new eyes. I'm more of a faster paced guy when it comes to music, so I'm surprised how much this album effected me. I was more expecting of Josh doing some more singing in this album and was hoping to hear some screaming from him.

Anyway, after some calculations and averaging, the total rating for that album concluded to:

7/10

• Like 1

^ good review, i agree with a lot of what you said. however, i still love the album because it's so much more personal and i like that.

feeling sorry is one of my favorite songs off the cd, haha. it's funny to hear what some people like and what others don't. i think it's nice that everyone doesn't like same songs..ya know what i mean?

anyways *reps*

they didn't have THAT many slow/acoustic songs...it's just The Only Exception and Misguided Ghosts. lol

I dont remember mentioning anything to do with there being too many acoustic songs....

Some of the album is a bit slow. More energetic songs wouldn't have gone amiss.

^ Therefore, my review was better. lol

The thing about Acoustic songs was a comment made on my review by another member of the board....so it holds no bearing on the quality of the review.