MTV VMA

kasiek

^ I think there will be a live feed of the red carpet, but I don't remember them doing one for the actual show. I could be wrong about that though. It is pretty lame that even though it's taking place on the West Coast, you guys still have to wait a few hours to watch it. If it ever takes place in New York, it's live on the East Coast with a few seconds delay.

I'm hoping we're going to be pleasantly surprised by what they play. :)

but it's different.you can't deny it ;)

being different is good.

but..i love her 2008 VMA's performing outfit!

i mean look at this! she looks so hot :rolleyes:

hayley-williams-rocks-paramore-live--large-msg-122086996272.jpg

and i love her mtv woodie awards look too.

3046458066_3e1b66e44a.jpg

i hope she dresses like this.

yeah absolutly different is amazing :)

she looks verry gorgeous .. i love her outfit at the VMA's 2008 :) absolut lovely outfit!!

Great to hear that we'll see them finally perform together. I can't believe they still haven't met yet, they're going on tour together in a couple of months. Has anyone else performed twice in one night at the VMA's before? I've only seen it the past two years but, compared to other award shows, it seems unusual to have a second performance from someone, even if it is part of a band.

But why don't you like Airplanes? Is it because it's played constantly on the radio, because you don't like the melody/music, or just because you don't like hip-hop? I'm not trying to be a douche about it, I'm honestly just curious. As such a huge fan of music in general, I just like knowing why people think songs suck because "it sucks" isn't a reason.

Either way, Paramore will be playing a song at the VMAs too, so no one's forcing you to watch the performance of a song you don't like. There will be another chance... unless Paramore plays Airplanes. :P

I was thinking about this today and I think it'd be cool if like it started with Paramore playing and then they transition to "Airplanes" that way it's twice not just Hayley but Paramore. LOL I doubt that's how it would go but I think that would be pretty awesome.

But why don't you like Airplanes? Is it because it's played constantly on the radio, because you don't like the melody/music, or just because you don't like hip-hop? I'm not trying to be a douche about it, I'm honestly just curious. As such a huge fan of music in general, I just like knowing why people think songs suck because "it sucks" isn't a reason.

Either way, Paramore will be playing a song at the VMAs too, so no one's forcing you to watch the performance of a song you don't like. There will be another chance... unless Paramore plays Airplanes. :P

no it's not because it's played on the radio (i don't listen to radio or watch music tv). i don't like rap/hip-hop at all, and i don't like what they did to hayley's voice in that song - she doesn't sound like herself . i think it's just really overrated song, and chorus is just annoying. is it enough? :razz:

i voted for ignorance but i think bbbb is perfect for this kind of event :)

no it's not because it's played on the radio (i don't listen to radio or watch music tv). i don't like rap/hip-hop at all, and i don't like what they did to hayley's voice in that song - she doesn't sound like herself . i think it's just really overrated song, and chorus is just annoying. is it enough? :razz:

i voted for ignorance but i think bbbb is perfect for this kind of event :)

I guess that's enough because it's unlikely that I'll be able to change your opinion. I will say, though, that there are no effects at all on Hayley's voice in Airplanes (this was something a lot of us discussed when the song came out). It sounds a little out of place because there aren't any effects on it. Also, I wish you'd give hip-hop, rap, and B.o.B. more of a chance... all have quite a bit to offer if you're willing to accept them. :(

I hope that the emergence of B.o.B. as popular, doing collaborations with non-rappers like Hayley and Rivers Cuomo, might help move the rap genre more towards the mainstream and away from the gangsta rap that dominates urban centers and sends just about the worst possible message to impressionable city kids.

(/ city teacher rant)