MTV VMA

kasiek

hip-hop/rap isn't really as bad as everyone thinks lol. i like it. i don't like the kind that goes "get money, f bitches" but the real crap i love

i agree.. i used to love r&b, rap, hip hop and all that.. and a bit of punk rock.. before i really got into punk rock.. i don't really listen to a lot of r&b and rap these days.. cause i really hate mainstream r&b these days.. it's all so auto tuned and it all sounds the same. i miss old r&b. lol. but people like b.o.b, kanye west, eminem, jay z i love :) but what i love about b.o.b is his amazing lyrics, and the fact his music isn't purely rap/hip hop, there's loads of different styles in there. i love it :)

^ That makes me miss artists like Aaliyah and TLC a lot. That's when I listened to a little more R&B and hip-hop.

I like more R&B influenced rap, but some of those gangsta rappers from the mid-90s were the best rappers around, regardless of what they were rapping about (which at that time wasn't as much about bling and women)... doesn't matter as much though cause a lot of them are dead.

Moving on though, I just watched all of Chelsea Handler's VMA spots, and I'm stoked that she's hosting this year. She's gonna offend so many celebrities and it's going to be amazing, lol.

http://www.mtv.com/videos/misc/559315/vma-2010-chelsea-handlers-pronunciation-problems.jhtml#id=1647092

I agree!

I love Airplanes and I hope it wins just for Hayley, tbh! BUT, even though I want Ignorance to win it's going to take a lot to beat Muse and the other awesome bands that are up! Then again, Paramore have beaten other big bands for other awards! Didn't Paramore win a Kerrang! award when they were up against Green Day?!

I can't watch the bloody thing though! I haven't got MTV! Anyone know if it'll be on any other channel at a later date in the UK? :)

I hate when people think negatively.

Voting for a band is a way of thanking them for everything they've done for their fans.

Whether they win or not, you should vote.

The more people who vote = the more likely they will win.

As much as we all want something more upbeat to show off how awesome Paramore performances are, The Only Exception is HUGE on radio right now, so I can see why they'd be playing it. It's gotta be their biggest song to date.

As much as we all want something more upbeat to show off how awesome Paramore performances are, The Only Exception is HUGE on radio right now, so I can see why they'd be playing it. It's gotta be their biggest song to date.

ohh whyy.... that sucks so bad. they should be doing an upbeat song.

i really want them to do "careful" that would rock so hard! tbh, i kinda think TOE would be a little boring, even though i adore the song i think it'd be awesome if they did an upbeat song and not a ballad.

that's exactly what i think... they're so good at getting at getting the crowd going.. i don't see why they'd do a ballad.. :/

The only thing is that they're playing an award show. The most I've ever seen the audience do at an award show is stand up and clap, lol. Even if they play "Let The Flames Begin," the audience isn't gonna start jumping around and moshing. :P

So i was reading hayley's tweets and it looks like she's just about as excited to perform as we are to see them. LOL Can't wait for tomorrow. Either way I know Hayley will kill it on her vocals during the bridge of "The Only Exception" I loved their ellen peformance so although i would have preferred a more upbeat song, I can live with that one. LOL Besides i'll be at the show next week!!

YES!! Who said it? I said it! (and a few other people did too. :))

alright yeah i guess we'll see how it goes tomorrow night. I'm really excited though. Judging from those pictures the scenery looks really cool. I'm really excited to see how it goes. I have a feeling i'll really enjoy it and it'll probably the best performance. LOL

My take on The Only Exception is this: I love the song, it's just about the only song I can flawlessly play on guitar, it's musically fantastic. But, yeah, a more upbeat would would have served as a kick ass way to show the world what Paramore can do. Everyone and their cousin knows The Only Exception by now.

do you know what i think i'm more excited for the b.o.b, Hayley & Bruno mars performance... haha. i can't wait to see it, it sounds like it it's gonna be amazing :)

but of course the paramore performance will amazing.. just would have been even better if it wasn't the only friggin exception -.- lol.