Goodbye PF.com

what I dont get is diego probably wasnt the first cause he said there was 50 something views right? and I dont get why he gets "the tribe has spoken" when he didnt even know it was leaked...did we even know it was going to be aired on monday? I dunno I cant think back. Im sad to say that people on a green day forum I attend to posted it, they dont know its leaked. I didnt even say a word about it and next thing I know is "HERES THE MUSIC VIDEO." aye D:

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I may be late on this but...oh well.

I'm leaving too. This is outright BULL.

This site will suck without Diego and Alyssa, 'nuff said. They're put so much time and effort into this site, and to think that kicking Diego off could be in anyway warranted is BEYOND me.

So the video leaked? Is that Diego's fault? NO. I can understand frusturation, but honestly....how is pinning that on Diego right? It's not, it's not right AT ALL, considering he found the damn thing ON ANOTHER WEBSITE CONNECTED TO FBR. So don't go blaming Diego for their mishaps. So you go and kick Diego off and then say oh, boo hoo, it was the hardest decision? Don't give me that crap, you're just looking for someone to blame. So get on your high horse (it happens all the time anyway), blame him, and let the site go down with him. Cause my loyalty is with Diego, the one who made this site what it is.

Without him, you're nothing.

Ok, I really don't want to open this up again...but I feel like you deserve some sort of response...

Yes - Diego did find the video on another website connected to FBR. That's true. But - the big difference here is that he ripped it and posted it - here and in the LJ. He could have watched it and left it there and maybe someone else finds it, maybe they don't. Maybe it leaks anyway...we don't know...

But instead he ripped it and he posted it in two places where there are tons of Paramore fans...and yeah, it wasn't up for long in either place, but it was up long enough that it may very well be responsible for it being on YouTube and AP.net and all that...

Whether it is or isn't though - the bigger issue, in my mind, is that he went and posted leaked material on the boards and in the LJ...and that goes against everything we've always stood for. He helped us write that rule back when the Emergency video leaked...and I still don't really know why he broke it. The fact that the band knew that a PF.com staffer posted it in the LJ and on here as well didn't help either...but I just feel that the staff has to be held to the highest standards. Paramore has done so much for us as a website - they support us, they grant us interviews, they let us post all this live audio and video, they give us shoutouts on stage and on the radio...and as a fansite, we owe them the highest degree of respect.

And this just violated that respect...I wish I could convince you that we're not trying to make Diego a scapegoat here...no one forced us or even asked us to make him leave - Ash and I made this decision on our own. And if it had been another staffer, the decision would have been the same.

I understand how loyal people feel to Diego...and we all owe him a great deal...but the site will go on without him...and I don't know...without Paramore, we might be nothing, but without him...it's a sad day, but I don't think we're nothing. Not even close.

what I dont get is diego probably wasnt the first cause he said there was 50 something views right? and I dont get why he gets "the tribe has spoken" when he didnt even know it was leaked...did we even know it was going to be aired on monday? I dunno I cant think back. Im sad to say that people on a green day forum I attend to posted it, they dont know its leaked. I didnt even say a word about it and next thing I know is "HERES THE MUSIC VIDEO." aye D:

He may not have been the first person to find it...but those views could also have been label people or anyone...we don't know...what I do know is that it didn't show up in the LJ community or on here until he posted it...and it showed up everywhere else after that...again, I'm not saying that's all his fault - we don't know...but at the end of the day, he still posted it here and in the LJ...and broke our rules on leaked material :(

I have question why didn't you guys wait like 3 days to do this? The video was leaked on what Tuesday. Did you guys have to find a Scapegoat?

No - Ash wanted to talk to Diego about everything before we posted everything publicly - it took some time for that to happen with Ash driving back from Chicago and people's schedules - that finally happened last night. And Diego wanted to post the news himself, which he did today.

Ok, I really don't want to open this up again...but I feel like you deserve some sort of response...

Yes - Diego did find the video on another website connected to FBR. That's true. But - the big difference here is that he ripped it and posted it - here and in the LJ. He could have watched it and left it there and maybe someone else finds it, maybe they don't. Maybe it leaks anyway...we don't know...

But instead he ripped it and he posted it in two places where there are tons of Paramore fans...and yeah, it wasn't up for long in either place, but it was up long enough that it may very well be responsible for it being on YouTube and AP.net and all that...

Whether it is or isn't though - the bigger issue, in my mind, is that he went and posted leaked material on the boards and in the LJ...and that goes against everything we've always stood for. He helped us write that rule back when the Emergency video leaked...and I still don't really know why he broke it. The fact that the band knew that a PF.com staffer posted it in the LJ and on here as well didn't help either...but I just feel that the staff has to be held to the highest standards. Paramore has done so much for us as a website - they support us, they grant us interviews, they let us post all this live audio and video, they give us shoutouts on stage and on the radio...and as a fansite, we owe them the highest degree of respect.

And this just violated that respect...I wish I could convince you that we're not trying to make Diego a scapegoat here...no one forced us or even asked us to make him leave - Ash and I made this decision on our own. And if it had been another staffer, the decision would have been the same.

I understand how loyal people feel to Diego...and we all owe him a great deal...but the site will go on without him...and I don't know...without Paramore, we might be nothing, but without him...it's a sad day, but I don't think we're nothing. Not even close.

i hope that in time people will understand the decision that was made. this is a very sad day but yall must understand he broke the rules. he leaked the video on here. its states 'if you leak your banned' that has to go for everyone.

yes it was already on another site but he ripped it and put it on this site. thats against the rules. im not tryin to take sides here but i feel for the staff that has to take this shit.

diego was a huge contribution to this site. we are extremely grateful for what he has done. i am very sad that he gone. i wish him the best in all that he does.

Same here...seriously. It hurts to see people like Alyssa and Rachna and other long time members leaving...it really, really does.

And the decision about Diego was the hardest thing we've had to do since this site began.

Rachna is still there.. =]

So someone makes a mistake and you automatically respond by lashing out on him? So the fact that someone ELSE on the LJ ripped and posted it on there is ok, though? Which proves everyone's point here - you're making Diego a scapegoat. You can't even deny that, because he is the one you targeted and took down. I don't see why any of this had to happen, why you couldn't have just TALKED to him about it. Instead you decide to just throw him away like he was nothing to this site. PEOPLE MAKE MISTAKES. It's when people decide that a mistake can't be forgiven that then breeds hate, dishonesty, and pain in this world. For what Paramore stands for, I would have expected more out of you...and them.

The site will go on, but you've lost the core of your staff and a good deal of loyal long timers. When you figure out how to upload the amount of videos and pictures that Diego does on a daily basis, integrate new forum features, layouts, etc, and dedicate as much time as Diego does...then you might be ok. I have a feeling this site isn't going to be what it used to be. And by the amount of people leaving, I don't think I'm wrong, either.

If all the loyalty is with Diego, what loyalty is left for what remains?

I absolutely understand that people make mistakes...but for someone on the staff to do something like this - again, we made the rule...and for one of us to break it...that felt like a very big deal.

And, as Ash said in earlier posts, this wasn't the first issue we'd had...we're not going to go into detail about that stuff (and yeah - I know that sounds like a dodge, but it wouldn't be fair to Diego) - but combining this with that...it just seemed like we needed to do this. We had talked a lot in the past...we have ongoing discussions in the Staff forum...and Ash talked to him about this decision...

And with forgiveness - I do forgive Diego for what he did - and he's not banned from the site...we simply felt he shouldn't be on the staff anymore...he violated our trust and the trust the band had put in us...and that's a big deal to us.

And no - it's absolutely NOT ok with me that someone else posted it on YouTube or AP.net or in the LJ again...but I'm not staff on those sites. I can't do anything about them...other than report the videos or whatever. I can only do whatever I can to make this site as good as it can be...and yeah, you're right that Diego is going to be incredibly hard to replace...but give us a chance before you say we can't do it...

We're not trying to make Diego a scapegoat - what happened here is happening because he posted the video here and in the LJ. As a representative of PF.com - as one of our most prominent staff members - that just couldn't be overlooked. All the stuff that happened afterwards really sucks - but I'm not saying that is or isn't his fault - we don't know...but what he did in and of itself was enough, in our minds, to remove him from the staff.

I really do understand the anger and everything else people have expressed in this thread - I know this is a shock and I know that it seems harsh...but please try to put yourselves in our shoes. I don't know that I've done a great job articulating our point of view, but I'm trying...

People.

THE BAND DID NOT SAY THEY WANTED DIEGO KICKED OFF.

Brent and Ash made the choice themselves.

NOT PARAMORE.

STOP TALKING AS IF THEY'RE OUT TO GET HIM.

End of very aggressive rant.

that's not what she was talking about. she was referring more to that fact of the person blamed for the leak.

I'm really sorry to hear that Diego, man you're leaving! It's extremely depressing.

It was just a music video that would have aired within the next week. In my opinion Paramore needs to protect their vids a little better: note the sarcasm. But I dont know the whole story so I guess I cant really say much.

Everyone wants to point the blame and someone else. But when in reality you are also at the fault. Ever hear of the expression "when you point a finger at someone there is always going to be three more pointing back at you".

It's just a shame, a shame that you, Diego, are leaving and you will be GREATLY missed by me and everyone else.

Love ya man, always.

wow read all the pages of this thread, and damn.

Diego, even though I didn't talk to you that much, I'm gonna miss you.

you definitely were a huge contribution to pf.com and without you, it's gonna be tough.

hope all the best for you, and that the pf.com family is still strong.

oh my god, i didn't see this coming.

i'm shocked, i log in today and 2 mods have left/are leaving.

well Diego, thanks for everything you've done for this site, this is my favourite website in the whole world!

Good Luck with everything in the future

Looks like I missed everything... I got to about the eighth page of this thread and just gave up reading the rest (took me about an hour to get that far, and read the other thread too).

I have my opinion of the whole "situation" but won't bother posting it, because as Jarrod has said we should move on and I agree. I think this wouldn't have been such a big deal if the band weren't mentioned at all with the decision making/meeting. If it had been a simple "Diego broke the rules" thing then people wouldn't be so annoyed.

This is getting a WAY misinterpreted (which is probably my fault, but I don't know how much I can say about everything and the conversations I had with several people). I had to sit down and apologize to Hayley after the show on Tuesday for the video leak because it was our sites (diegos) fault. I talked to her for a long time and Hayley, Dave (their manager) and I decided it would be best for Diego to not be affiliated with the site anymore since it basically ruined our reputation with their people. And this was a big deal, bigger than you probably know. And I didn't want to have to say this either, but I feel like I need to defend my decision too... this wasn't the first time that Diego has done something shady, and I won't go into details cause I think that'd be really unfair... but I can't just overlook things like this.

HAYLEY DID NOT SAY "Ashley, kick him off the site". It was my choice... she didn't force me to do anything.

So please don't hold anything against her.

If you need someone to be pissed at, please have it be me. I'm guessing you've all talked to Diego on AIM and stuff so you've definitely heard his side. So please don't judge me or hate the site because of this, because I don't think any of you know all of the details of everything since day one.

Diego, you've done so much and you know how I feel about all of this. I'm just so sorry but I don't know what else to do.

it's ok ash

u did a wat u thought was best

(no offns diego i'll miss u)

don't b so hard on urslf

This is getting a WAY misinterpreted (which is probably my fault, but I don't know how much I can say about everything and the conversations I had with several people). I had to sit down and apologize to Hayley after the show on Tuesday for the video leak because it was our sites (diegos) fault. I talked to her for a long time and Hayley, Dave (their manager) and I decided it would be best for Diego to not be affiliated with the site anymore since it basically ruined our reputation with their people. And this was a big deal, bigger than you probably know. And I didn't want to have to say this either, but I feel like I need to defend my decision too... this wasn't the first time that Diego has done something shady, and I won't go into details cause I think that'd be really unfair... but I can't just overlook things like this.

HAYLEY DID NOT SAY "Ashley, kick him off the site". It was my choice... she didn't force me to do anything.

So please don't hold anything against her.

If you need someone to be pissed at, please have it be me. I'm guessing you've all talked to Diego on AIM and stuff so you've definitely heard his side. So please don't judge me or hate the site because of this, because I don't think any of you know all of the details of everything since day one.

Diego, you've done so much and you know how I feel about all of this. I'm just so sorry but I don't know what else to do.

it's ok ash

u did a wat u thought was best

(no offns diego i'll miss u)

don't b so hard on urslf