OFFICIAL RIOT! DISCUSSION THREAD

kerrie

i'm not trying to start an argument or a big debate or anything. i'm just saying i wouldn't judge an album or start comparing it to the other which has been out for years and you've listened to for years, when you've only heard the new one like five times. albums grow on you. the more you listen.. the more you pick up and the more you appreciate it. it's also about live shows. but whatever man, everyone has their own opinion don't they? so if you want to choose, or comapre and all that then go for it (y)

all i know is that my last.fm play count for paramore is going to be crazy :neutral:

Haha...mine too :)

Everyone should join the absolutepunk.net group too - they tend to post their Last.fm charts on their website on a regular basis and it'd be awesome to have Paramore have the most plays :)

http://www.last.fm/group/AbsolutePunk+Group

no man, don't hide it. i just thought i'd throw my opinion in aswell :)

And your opinion is respected. :D I see your point. I will definetly listen more, I of course planned on it. I have a feeling it will grow on me, I just don't believe I will like it as much as AWKIF. Even after years of listening. Of course I can't judge that now, but it is definetly my gut instinct.

But oh well, it's not like it's going to make me not like Paramore, whatever my thoughts on this album. :)

this is driving me mad.......i got riot on my i-tunes,listened to it only once,turned off my computer cause i had to go out,came back and the songs wouldnt play on my itunes so i couldnt put it on my ipod,and now the link is invalid................i guess ill just have to wait longer to listen to it again now :(

That's interesting...the thing I really like about the song (and others on the record) is how direct it is...there's this stripped down, totally honest quality to the lyrics - nothing's hidden. And the feelings expressed feel deep to me - it's not "depth" as in hidden meanings, but there's definitely a depth of feeling there, if that makes sense.

yeah i understand what you mean compleatly.

just when i think of deep lyrics i guess i kinda think of like them being hidden and harder to understand.and with this the lyrics are streight up and direct, nothings hidden sorta thing.and there is nothing wrong with that but its just kinda not what i was expecting i guess.but you can see the honesty.

im really annoyed cause ive only heard it once.

i really cant wait just to have the whole album and ill be able to just listen to it over and over.even though i've heard the whole album once im still sooooo excited...

Okay. So. I had my iPod on a RIOT loop all night...

And apparently that did something for me, lol...

I hate it a lot less...

The VERY first time I got through the entire thing, I was SO dissappointed.

But now it's growing on me. A lot. A REALLY lot, lol....

I still think though that the ONE thing that could have made all the difference would have been if it were all sped up a bit...

It all seems kind of slower than everyone was thinking it would be after hearing BFT and MB...

Anyway, after a couple 10 listens, I'm starting to actually appreciate it now.

Okay. So. I had my iPod on a RIOT loop all night...

And apparently that did something for me, lol...

I hate it a lot less...

The VERY first time I got through the entire thing, I was SO dissappointed.

But now it's growing on me. A lot. A REALLY lot, lol....

I still think though that the ONE thing that could have made all the difference would have been if it were all sped up a bit...

It all seems kind of slower than everyone was thinking it would be after hearing BFT and MB...

Anyway, after a couple 10 listens, I'm starting to actually appreciate it now.

yeah, i've heard it once and i defantly didn't hate it but i know when i listen to it over and over i'll love it.....

i really dont like the "we want the airwaves back" thing in Born For This...
DUDE i know. i listend to it like late late at night and i was tired and like paraniod hahaha and i forgot ALL abou the airwaves part, then it came on and i seriously got like scared HAHA i was lookin aornd my room for a few seconds liek WTF WHO WAS THAT?!?! then i was like........shiitt. i knew it was the cd...psh. hahaha

my favorite songs so far on it are uh....fences and crushcrushcrush. when it rains and we are broken make me depressed, and maricle makes me smile haah

DUDE i know. i listend to it like late late at night and i was tired and like paraniod hahaha and i forgot ALL abou the airwaves part, then it came on and i seriously got like scared HAHA i was lookin aornd my room for a few seconds liek WTF WHO WAS THAT?!?! then i was like........shiitt. i knew it was the cd...psh. hahaha

my favorite songs so far on it are uh....fences and crushcrushcrush. when it rains and we are broken make me depressed, and maricle makes me smile haah

Hahahaha omg, that's hilarious, because I didn't know it was going to sound like that and it creeped me out at first too lolol...

And yes, crushcrushcrush ((which I'm not going to refer to as as crush3 (crushcubed))) is amazing.

ok. YAY! this albulm has grown on me.

i was expeting a differnt sound i think thats why.

this albulm and the way fans are relating to it reminds me of MCR's 1st and 2nd albulm.

ok i know paramore is nuthin like them but if u read this i think u will get it.

wen mcr first started out they has a kinda screamo sound but alot of the songs were sorta the same. but the fans grew to luv it and thats wats they knew of them for like two years

and this sorta the samw with paramore. but no so screamo.

and then mcr realesd there second albulm and many fans were disappointed becuz they thought it would be a lot harder of a sound. but instead it lightend it up and gave the album more intersting stuff..

the old fans never saw this side but the new fans came to luvv it

wich is kinda like paramore.

we have to open our minds becuz the new fans will think this is who they always are

and then with mcrs 3rd albulm sum ppl thought they sold out sum ppl think they didnt. and it was greaat

wat im trying to say here is that for a new listener listening to paramores riot! they will probably like it more.

but for an old listener liek us who has luved them for twoish years. we were just expeting differnt.

still this is a greaat cd just alot differnt sound.

the thing is alot fo new listeners nevr listen to there old cd becuz they wont get it as much and probably never take time to..

but they dont relize thats wat started them....

ok i have NO clue if this helped...

it was a bad comparison but i think it sorta makes scince..

its just wat i thought of.

ha tell me if u get it.

if not im sorry