Fall Out Boy

x3__kim

• 4 weeks later...
13 days :willy_nilly:

so stoked

I'm reviving this thread :P.

So who likes their new single "I Don't Care"?

I actually really like it for some reason even though its so different from their other stuff. I can't stop listening to the song :).

I like it, I admit I was expecting better, but the song and video was better than all the single's from IOH

I really wish that they go back to their TTTYG sound on the new album

so stoked

I like it, I admit I was expecting better, but the song and video was better than all the single's from IOH

I really wish that they go back to their TTTYG sound on the new album

AP.net: How do you respond to people who say they wish Fall Out Boy would just write another Take This To Your Grave?

Patrick: It's one of those things where the answer is of course we won't, because what you want if you're asking that question is a specific time in your life to come back to you, and that will never happen. You will never be 15 years old again. I could write, verbatim, another Take This To Your Grave, and you won't feel the same way. It's not going to mean anything to you because it wouldn't mean anything to me. And another thing is, we feel like we're still the same band. As far as how we're motivated, we're doing the same thing, we're doing it the same way as we ever did with Take This To Your Grave.

I think people are always biased to their specific first interpretation of a band, or an experience, or an art, or whatever. I mean, if you look at a band like Lifetime, they have at least 3 completely different albums, right? And for each record, there's someone that says that's their best record, you know what I mean? There's always gonna be a chatter between Jersey's Best Dancers, Hello Bastards, and Background. There are people who will fight to the death about how much better this one is than that one, and it's like, "That's just because that's the record you first experienced."

Personally, I don't want to compare us to Lifetime, because I think they're an infallible band, but it's just one of those things where if you're asking for another Take This To Your Grave, you'll never get it. I don't mean that in a malicious way, I just feel like you will never see it if it ever happens. Like, there's only one band on earth that I've ever seen not ever change and maintain a fanbase, and that's AC/DC. I don't know how any other band has stayed exactly the same and hasn't pissed off their fans. Honestly, I don't know why anyone would want that.

I love Take This To Your Grave, and out of respect for it, I'm never going to plagiarize it, you know what I mean? I'm proud of that record, I don't want to ever bastardize it--it would demean it, too. I mean, ultimately if I were doing that, that would mean I was really just interested in trying to make money and trying to sell people something.

AP.net: How do you respond to people who say they wish Fall Out Boy would just write another Take This To Your Grave?

Patrick: It's one of those things where the answer is of course we won't, because what you want if you're asking that question is a specific time in your life to come back to you, and that will never happen. You will never be 15 years old again. I could write, verbatim, another Take This To Your Grave, and you won't feel the same way. It's not going to mean anything to you because it wouldn't mean anything to me. And another thing is, we feel like we're still the same band. As far as how we're motivated, we're doing the same thing, we're doing it the same way as we ever did with Take This To Your Grave.

I think people are always biased to their specific first interpretation of a band, or an experience, or an art, or whatever. I mean, if you look at a band like Lifetime, they have at least 3 completely different albums, right? And for each record, there's someone that says that's their best record, you know what I mean? There's always gonna be a chatter between Jersey's Best Dancers, Hello Bastards, and Background. There are people who will fight to the death about how much better this one is than that one, and it's like, "That's just because that's the record you first experienced."

Personally, I don't want to compare us to Lifetime, because I think they're an infallible band, but it's just one of those things where if you're asking for another Take This To Your Grave, you'll never get it. I don't mean that in a malicious way, I just feel like you will never see it if it ever happens. Like, there's only one band on earth that I've ever seen not ever change and maintain a fanbase, and that's AC/DC. I don't know how any other band has stayed exactly the same and hasn't pissed off their fans. Honestly, I don't know why anyone would want that.

I love Take This To Your Grave, and out of respect for it, I'm never going to plagiarize it, you know what I mean? I'm proud of that record, I don't want to ever bastardize it--it would demean it, too. I mean, ultimately if I were doing that, that would mean I was really just interested in trying to make money and trying to sell people something.

I love AP.net, they're responsible for most of the music I listen to right now :)

but back to the topic, I think they're still the same band and there's nothing wrong in hoping right?

Cool, have a nice time bud. I'll try my best too ;-)

My mate is always on about Boys Like Girls too, although I've never actually heard them. Hopefully they'll be decent live.

They'll be shit in the SECC probably, I really hate that place. Ruined TBS for me.

wow im really not updated on fall out boy lol

so theres a new album coming?

Yes, Its coming out on Nov. 4. Its called Folie a deux which is French but I don't know what it means. The first single is "I Don't Care" which kind of has a bluesy feel to it. The video for it is freakin hilarious though.