Debate Thread

the1

• 1 year later...

I am 100% against abortion. It's a baby okay, a harmless child that hasn't done anything to anyone. If it was conceived through rape, that's horrible for the mother, but the child cannot help who it's daddy is. All embryo's deserve a chance at life.

If (and I sincerely hope it never EVER happens) I ever get raped, I will have my baby but put it up for adoption if I couldn't stand to live with it. Like I said, the child has done nothing wrong.

i agree with you on tobic that that is enocent child but still...i dont see the point of giving a birth to a child that you dont wont...

and that is the most common thing...Being raped is totally diferent subject...

i just dont get why the ppl habe sex like animals without any protection and then they regert if they get pregnant...well you should think of that first ...

i have no idea what i would do if i were pregnant unexpectedly.

i don't know whether or not i would get an abortion.

but thats just a personal thing.

the option should be out there.

if you don't want to have the abortion, by all means don't.

but if you do want to have one, the option should be there for you.

its your body and your life.

• Like 1

I'm semi-pro-life. I'm not really sure how to explain my views on abortion. But I'll give it a whirl, rape is a serious thing and if that ever happens it's sad, I know. But I think that if rape does happen to occur, abortion should be an option. But this also brings up the idea of have a false rape to have an abortion, so that whole topic is invalid because of the fact that people can easily fake it.

Another reason for abortion is that if there are difficulties during the pregnancy, and if both the baby and the child are to die during the difficulties, I think the mother should have the right to abort the baby because of the difficulty.

Idk, I'm rambling now.

i agree with you on tobic that that is enocent child but still...i dont see the point of giving a birth to a child that you dont wont...

and that is the most common thing...Being raped is totally diferent subject...

i just dont get why the ppl habe sex like animals without any protection and then they regert if they get pregnant...well you should think of that first ...

I clearly stated the point. Adoption. There are so many couples out there, who can't concieve, desperate for a child. If you know you are carrying an unwanted baby, why not give it a happy life aswell as two other people? You yourself can be happy that you don't need to bring the child up, plus you won't feel guilty for killing it.

Katie; I understand your point, but do you mean in difficult circumstances or just in general if you're caught out? Protection is a must. People act shocked when they get pregnant. Sex isn't just about pleasure, or something to do, it's for reproduction.

i agree with that. that makes sense.

ideally, i think it should only be allowed for the people raped, in medical situations, etc etc.

but like ernie said, people will say they were raped to get the abortion.

so you would have no way to tell who is legit.

abortion shouldn't be a way for the hooker on the corner to get back to work,

it should be b/c of something such as the rape, not as an "oops, condom broke."

now i'm babbling

edit: i posted late. sorry. shannon ihope this answers your question too

is i know in my country those things r regulated by law...mother and baby complications r legal in US to i think.

Most of the people think that an abortion is an easy way out of the pregnancy, but it can bring bunch of serious complications.

As Katie said people should be alowed to have an option to do what they want... i am also pro life but sometimes you have no ideas what life can trow into you face and if you could manage all that.

so many things sould be considered...

BTW i'm sorr if in one point i will get to medical but that is my profession

i agree with that. that makes sense.

ideally, i think it should only be allowed for the people raped, in medical situations, etc etc.

but like ernie said, people will say they were raped to get the abortion.

so you would have no way to tell who is legit.

abortion shouldn't be a way for the hooker on the corner to get back to work,

it should be b/c of something such as the rape, not as an "oops, condom broke."

now i'm babbling

edit: i posted late. sorry. shannon ihope this answers your question too

I totally agree with that.

I'm against abortion, and have been for a long time.

I remember being in class a couple of months ago, and there was ths same debate, and I was the only one who was against.

Same statements as Shannon, really.

Although I wasn't so sure about the rape, and I'm still not.

Stop saying you're babbling etc! It's interesting stuff. :D

I agree, maybe, just maybe, I'd be okay with an abortion for medical reasons. Otherwise, no. Aren't there tests that can be taken to show if someone has been raped or not?

well there's some tests you can have, like the rape kit.

but that can only be done after the rape.

after you shower its useless

and the more time that passes by makes it even more useless.

so by the time you know you're pregnant, theres no proof.

is i know in my country those things r regulated by law...mother and baby complications r legal in US to i think.

Most of the people think that an abortion is an easy way out of the pregnancy, but it can bring bunch of serious complications.

As Katie said people should be alowed to have an option todo what they want... i am also pro life but sometimes you have no ideas what life can trow into you face ian fr you could manage all that.

so many things sould be considered...

BTW i'm sorr if in one point i will get to medical but that is my profession

its okay, get medical. i'm going to study it so its okay with me.

well there's some tests you can have, like the rape kit.

but that can only be done after the rape.

after you shower its useless

and the more time that passes by makes it even more useless.

so by the time you know you're pregnant, theres no proof.

Exactly what I was about to say.

I clearly stated the point. Adoption. There are so many couples out there, who can't concieve, desperate for a child. If you know you are carrying an unwanted baby, why not give it a happy life aswell as two other people? You yourself can be happy that you don't need to bring the child up, plus you won't feel guilty for killing it.

Katie; I understand your point, but do you mean in difficult circumstances or just in general if you're caught out? Protection is a must. People act shocked when they get pregnant. Sex isn't just about pleasure, or something to do, it's for reproduction.

Shannon i agree with you on this one especially protection thing....

have to say for being 15 you think like adult good for you

Yes. We studyed euthanasia and abortion in year 9 (I was 14). It really opened my eyes. Abortion isn't just the flick of a switch, it may be more simple now, but it's basically torture for the child.

how do we know if its torture for the child though? its unborn.

and at the age an abortion can be done, it can't do anything and doesnt know anything.

plus, if it would know, it couldn't remember anyway. as it is, an infant cant remember pain. let alone a fetus.

Shannon i agree with you on this one especially protection thing....

have to say for being 15 you think like adult good for you

Thank you!

how do we know if its torture for the child though? its unborn.

and at the age an abortion can be done, it can't do anything and doesnt know anything.

plus, if it would know, it couldn't remember anyway. as it is, an infant cant remember pain. let alone a fetus.

Oh sorry, I didn't make my point clearer. I meant we learned about late abortions, I can't remember the weeks, but where a baby is nearly formed. These tend to be the route prostitutes or poorer teenagers take. It's a back-alley kind of job. I'm not going to talk about how they did it, but it's nearly as bad as what poor Baby P endured.. I felt sick in that lesson we learned about it.

Teorie is that till 12th week of pregnancy it is caled embrio ( witch is basicly concived egg ) and it cant be considered as felling live person and after 12th week it is caled fetus and it can be considered as a person who can feel .

So based on that many ppl who r bening against abortion aprove abortion till 12 th week and not after

Thank you!

Oh sorry, I didn't make my point clearer. I meant we learned about late abortions, I can't remember the weeks, but where a baby is nearly formed. These tend to be the route prostitutes or poorer teenagers take. It's a back-alley kind of job. I'm not going to talk about how they did it, but it's nearly as bad as what poor Baby P endured.. I felt sick in that lesson we learned about it.

oh no! i'm not okaying abortion that late

im actually agaisnt it that late.

i think its okay when its in or before the 12th week, like quoted right here:

Teorie is that till 12th week of pregnancy it is caled embrio ( witch is basicly concived egg ) and it cant be considered as felling live person and after 12th week it is caled fetus and it can be considered as a person who can feel .

So based on that many ppl who r bening against abortion aprove abortion till 12 th week and not after