The "please follow the rules" thread

Locomotion

sarcasm in the topic.

Really i think ive never ever had to post a thread to actually ask members to start and behaving. Ive never ever gotten 7+ Pms of people complaining about certain members that are posting crap,useless and rude threads.

The fact that you post in the offtopic forum section of the forum doesnt make it right to post that kind of threads. Some aside of being pointless were really rude; some words used can be offensive to others, have you even thought of how we have kids in the forum? Kids shouldnt be sround reading that sort of language, no amtter how double sense is the word.

Aside fromn these 5 threads i closed i know there have been several threads like this, but yeah no mod said anything, that was our mistake. We are loosing control of the forum, ill admit that. All of us have lives, all of us have been really busy lately. And you guys should take that into consideration, why cause more trouble?

You have seen me around alot lately cause yeah luckily me ive had alot of spare time, so ive been able to help the site.

Im already considering getting new mods, active memebrs who clearly have a sense of fairness and know what is spam/useless threads and whatnot, but this is a whole different topic that ill discuss with ash.

Id like to say thanks to the members that reported me these threads. I dont think i wouldve noticed them. I mean i was out with my girlfriend for dinner, i come home and have 7 PMs about this, and have to deal with this...

This thread is open to any opinions and suggestions.

Thanks.

• Like 1

I agree Diego. I'm on a football forum thats just gone to the dogs because of people not following the rules.

If someone abuses someone, then other people see that and think its okay to do so, it starts a trend of people just being abusive or whatnot, and we really dont want that!

I'm going to hypocritically applause Loco's post (because i know i join in with the spam brigade) but it needed to happen eventually.

I have my predictions as to who's going to be made mod (if there are any) and i don't think i'm going to like it very much (and no, before anyone says anything, i don't think i'd make a good mod either).

Whatever trevor, life goes on (:

This thread is open to any opinions and suggestions.

Thanks.

I would like to think that the new moderator would be a regular who participates in discussion and has an understanding of how this place runs, that yes we can have fun in topics without fear of being reprimanded…..I guess leniency would be the key. I wouldn’t like to think that a moderator was chosen as the result of some popularity poll. It would also be nice to think that there would be moderators from different times zones i.e Europe, America, Asia etc.

One thing I would like to see changed is a time limits on threads so that people can’t go to back to the beginning of time to dredge up some irrelevant topic.

Also free speech if someone hate/likes something just let them speak without getting on their case because it’s not something you want to hear as that’s life.

Some ideas I have many more.

I would like to think that the new moderator would be a regular who participates in discussion and has an understanding of how this place runs, that yes we can have fun in topics without fear of being reprimanded…..I guess leniency would be the key. I wouldn’t like to think that a moderator was chosen as the result of some popularity poll. It would also be nice to think that there would be moderators from different times zones i.e Europe, America, Asia etc.

One thing I would like to see changed is a time limits on threads so that people can’t go to back to the beginning of time to dredge up some irrelevant topic.

Also free speech if someone hate/likes something just let them speak without getting on their case because it’s not something you want to hear as that’s life.

Some ideas I have many more.

That much free time? ;-)

Btw, Sharebee isn't working for me either Lee.

Above is an example of spam that should not be punished. :P

That much free time? ;-)

Btw, Sharebee isn't working for me either Lee.

Above is an example of spam that should not be punished. :P

I've moderated and administrated various forums so I have an idea of what helps and normally it's not to change tooo much.

Sharebee was working yesterday for me so maybe try again?

Well done diego well said

thanks.

I agree Diego. I'm on a football forum thats just gone to the dogs because of people not following the rules.

If someone abuses someone, then other people see that and think its okay to do so, it starts a trend of people just being abusive or whatnot, and we really dont want that!

Pretty much. People just started to make awhole bunch of useless threads.

I'm going to hypocritically applause Loco's post (because i know i join in with the spam brigade) but it needed to happen eventually.

I have my predictions as to who's going to be made mod (if there are any) and i don't think i'm going to like it very much (and no, before anyone says anything, i don't think i'd make a good mod either).

Whatever trevor, life goes on (:

This is something thats not decided, I posted about this in the staff forum. So far only alyssa has replied to my thread. There still no candidates in mind.

But the fact is that Diego has still ultimately failed to close all of the spam threads.

Well excuse me but i cant live in the forum and check every page of the offtopic forum.

diego yes, other people no, that is all.

???

Well both jess and hayley are from the uk, but as i stated before, everyone has been busy lately.

I've moderated and administrated various forums so I have an idea of what helps and normally it's not to change tooo much.

a moderator or two will be enough