Politics

lilley_1

^ exactly , some of this can be traced back to clinton.

This goes for good economic times too. My history teacher said that it takes about 4 years for economic policies to take their full effect. Therefore a lot of the high times in the clinton era were actually results from Bush the first economic policies.

Yeah, whats wrong with that? he wont really be taking their money and giving it to the poorer, he'll just be evening out the taxes.

Thats what they do in Aus, the more money you earn the more tax you pay. The less you earn the less money you pay to tax.

hes gunna tax businesses who makes more than 250,000 year. that will take away from the business' hard earned money. wich will create less jobs. hence our crappy economy. poeple should keep there hard earned money and not give it to people who do nuthing.. if a business keeps there money more jobs are creat. a better economey

^ exactly , some of this can be traced back to clinton.

This goes for good economic times too. My history teacher said that it takes about 4 years for economic policies to take their full effect. Therefore a lot of the high times in the clinton era were actually results from Bush the first economic policies.

Yea, that's what they keep telling us at the university. They say that it's because of Clinton, and his illegal gambling. He apparently gambled away alot of our money and it's just now starting to bite us in the butt.

^Why wouldn't you give an opinion ? It has just as much effect on us as you. We can't vote, sure, but neither can the majority of you because you're too young. We're still entitled to our opinion- difference being if we're wrong, we don't screw up the whole of the world by voting for idiots.

I agree with Jorgi, why can't we have an opinion on it?

I know you added in Australia because i'm posting in here, so mm.

She's right, what happens in America normally ends up effecting the rest of the world whether we like it or not

& its not in a positive way either

the American election is on TV over here anyway,its shoved in out faces enough for us to have an opinion

Stop saying we can't have an opinion. We can. Just cause we were born outwith your country by circumstance of birth does not mean we can't voice our opinions on the matter. The one phrase I ALWAYS have to post because "oh, you don't live here, fuck off" is "When America sneezes, the rest of the wold catches the cold." What so cause we aren't living in your wonderful country we can't say how we feel on what's going on? Your election is getting more TV coverage in Scotland than our by-elections! Don't expect any of us from the UK to tell any of you Americans to leave this thread when we talk about British politics.

Unlike most of you all, I HAVE to pay taxes. Taxes which are being directly influened by this global economic slowdown, and taxes which will be further affected by who is elected in this Presidential election. The amount of money lost over here cause your moronic banks thought it would be a smart idea to lend money to farmers beggars belief. I now have to burden the nationisation of some of our banks through taxes. Now try to tell me I can't have an opinion on this when for probably the rest of my working career, I'll be using my well earned money to pay for your banks idiocracy.

And Kelcey, good on you!

I'm just saying that, guys, cause the media is portraying McCain in a bad light. That's all. I didn't say "shut your mouth and go home" lol.

It's just, I've seen myself online, it's all Obama

And I laughed out so loud at Ross. hahha you got all serious.

Don't expect any of us from the UK to tell any of you Americans to leave this thread when we talk about British politics.

...I AM British, silly. :mrgreen:

And I laughed out so loud at Ross. hahha you got all serious.

...I AM British, silly. :mrgreen:

...not anymore:nono:

:mrgreen:

But yeah, you weren't the first person to say it. It just really gets on my nerves that I can't convey my views just cause "I don't live there".