All We Know Is Falling

adamsatoms

Okay. A lot of people here talk about this record as if it's some sort of modern masterpiece. Am I missing something here? By no means is it a bad record, but, it's not that great, either. For me, it feels like an average record by a band that shows a great deal of potential. An amount of potential that has still yet to be fulfilled.

So I ask of you, please, explain to me why this record is so great. And don't take this as some sort of attack. I am genuinely curious.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because, I think the album itself revolutionized the teen rock industry. Other than the fact that it's a beautiful record, it had rock feeling that brought a feeling of joy. I honestly think it's one of the most inspirational records of the decade. I find it inspirational because I think it brought about a lot of female fronted bands and that kids so young can make the music that they did.

I'm gonna stop because I can go on...

Because, I think the album itself revolutionized the teen rock industry. Other than the fact that it's a beautiful record, it had rock feeling that brought a feeling of joy. I honestly think it's one of the most inspirational records of the decade. I find it inspirational because I think it brought about a lot of female fronted bands and that kids so young can make the music that they did.

No, please, go on. These are the kinds of answers I'm looking for.

very well said..

Okay. A lot of people here talk about this record as if it's some sort of modern masterpiece. Am I missing something here? By no means is it a bad record, but, it's not that great, either. For me, it feels like an average record by a band that shows a great deal of potential. An amount of potential that has still yet to be fulfilled.

So I ask of you, please, explain to me why this record is so great. And don't take this as some sort of attack. I am genuinely curious.

I completely agree.

Don't know what else to say.

But, when did you start listening to Paramore, anyway?

But, when did you start listening to Paramore, anyway?

The first time I heard All We Know Is Falling was during my freshmen year (2006). I went over to one of my friend's house, and she was really into Paramore at the time. She asked if I, "liked punk," which, if my username didn't give away, I really love punk. So she put the CD in, and within the first few seconds of All We Know, my hopes of hearing the next Minor Threat were gone. Once I got over that initial disappointment, I rather enjoyed it. Nothing amazing, but a good, catchy pop/rock record none the less.

The next time I listened to Paramore was around the time Riot! blew up. I listened, and noticed a good bit of artistic growth (inspite of how horribly over-produced it was. But what else do you expect from Bendeth?), but I had a similar reaction when I finished listening: it was good, not great.

I actually bought The Final Riot! though. They have one hell of a live show. So I guess you could call me a casual sort-of-fan?

Agree :D

But i do think i like Riot! alittle more...

Just cuz it has a more happy harder sound to it:shifty:

Um..

very well said..

You kidding??

It's a good album, sure. But it's hardly a freakin benchmark. It's just very good pop rock. I don;t think we're gonna see a whole new girl fronted music generation simply because of one fairly good album.

To TS: Only fan boys/girls are likely to consider it a masterpiece- infatuation. It's a damn good album That is iall.

Oh, and the fact that RIOT! sucks ass may also make it look better.

I think your taking harder a differnt way than i am. I'm not talking as in Meal hard, i mean hard as in, there is more guitar, the drums are more catchy, stuff like that. It has more of a "rock (not metal)" sound to me

I guess it does sound bigger. But if it had AWKIFs production, it wouldnt sound anywhere near as good.

I guess it does sound bigger. But if it had AWKIFs production, it wouldnt sound anywhere near as good.

IMO, i think it would. mostly b/c that's not the only reasons why i like it better. The lyrics have became more mature (not that AWKIF isn't) and hayley's voice is more.... ranged i guess.... She changes the notes more in the songs :)