Anybody feel Christmas has crept up unnoticed?

G3vans

Well?

6 days to go now, that's just crazy. I haven't even finished my Christmas shopping yet! Normally for me there's a huge run up to Christmas and I can't help but notice that this month's been fairly quiet for me.

I dunno, maybe it's the stress of school or me just getting older.

Anyone else feel the same? Or am I just talking rubbish...

I feel that way too. A lot of people that i've talked have said the same thing. I'm not sure what it is.. I mean, hardly anyone has put up lights, decorations, anything. We just put our tree up last week, and my parents have hardly done any shopping! it's crazy.

You're talking rubbish :P

Nah, it doesn't feel the same at all as you get older. Especially when you end up working until Christmas Eve and then BAM the next day is Christmas Day. Like very little preparation to get in the mood for Christmas.

But definitely it feels like it's come out of nowhere this year. I think this year has gone by really fast too.

yeah...it definitely doesnt feel like christmas is just a few days away.

my family's not even going to have a christmas tree this year...which is not that bad

because there wont be any presents underneath it. lol

i still need to do my christmas shopping.

i used to love this time of year,

but since my gpop died last year,

none of us have really thought of holidays the same

Sorry to hear. :hug:

My grandfather dies earlier this year too. He was diagnosed with cancer and was told he's be lucky to see 2008. He lives in Wales you see, and we only get to visit him for a week every summer. We did however go to visit after Christmas last year, and he was still there. He was fighting it so hard, he looked much better than he actually was. That's one thing I admired about him.

Unfortunately he passed away in the summer, and it was hard to take. He said he'd lived a long full life, and that the only thing he would regret would be leaving my nan on her own. :crybad:

I'd never had a relative pass away before that, so I didn't know how it would feel. Now that I do know what happens, I'm going to make sure I cherish all the time I spend with family, because you never know what will happen tomorrow.

Awws you two :hug:.

But yeah, Christmas seems a bit different this year.

We still haven't done our christmas shopping yet either, and te christmas tree is still unpacked and non decorated somewhere in the hallway.

In our street they have put up lights and trees since the beginning of December though, but then again... what do you expect from where I'm living... :roll:

I do have a very good feeling about Christmas this year and I can't wait.

i know wat you mean.

i still think like i have about a month left. not 6 days

maybe its cause i wanted to do so much this year. and got very little of it accomplished.

and my tree isnt decorated niether is my house.

i just relized that this week was my last im now on xmas break. its been such a fast year.