Rant Thread - Part 5

thebrowncoat

100 Monkeys are playing a show tonight and I an't go. a) because it's 19+ and B) cause I have no ride out to Vancouver. I missed the show on Sunday cause I was basically dying from the flu. My friend went and decided to come to my house at 1 in the afternoon rubbingthe fact that she met Jackson Rathbone in my face. The whole time I wanted to punch her out. Likefuck, how dare you come to my house uninvited and then proceed to WAKE ME UP when I'm trying to sleep off the worst headache in the fucking WORLD just to make me jealous that you met only one of my favourite people right now?

UGGH

The funny thing is that she got kickedo ut of her house for going to the show when her mom said she couldn't hehe

i quit my job at pets plus, which is a good thing.

but i thought i had another job lined up as a cashier at a garden center. i was like 98% sure i was gonna get the job.

and my cousin and i were in the works of landing this full time babysitting job.

turns out i didnt get the job at the garden center.

and the kids mom decided she didnt want a babysitter this summer for some reason.

in a matter of 2 days i went from having a job, despised it, but had a job, to losing out on 2 more jobs. :nono:

and i neeeed money right now with prom and the car and a phone..ughh.

Whilst searching Flyleaf pictures, it asks if I mean Evanescence or Paramore.

:nono: Maybe Flyleaf and Ev are a tad alike, but they're nothing like Paramore in my opinion. :/

to be fair, and trying not to bring up my comparing-paramore-to-everyone tangent, flyleaf were the reason i "discovered" if you like, Paramore.

thus i don't have any particular issues with that. but hey !

flyleaf sound more like paramore than evanescence, in my opinion... not that they actually sound all that similar at all, just, you know. somethingsomething.

fuck everything. -_-

you could try, might get a bit painful after a while though...

to be fair, and trying not to bring up my comparing-paramore-to-everyone tangent, flyleaf were the reason i "discovered" if you like, Paramore.

thus i don't have any particular issues with that. but hey !

flyleaf sound more like paramore than evanescence, in my opinion... not that they actually sound all that similar at all, just, you know. somethingsomething.

you could try, might get a bit painful after a while though...

I guess, it just pisses me off how every female vocalist has to be associated with Hayley and Paramore somehow!

everything about school just SUCKS, Mrz Flowerz :crybad:

'specially here in the states cause there's 100x more 'peer pressure' shit. Do I have to get a yearbook? No I don't, it's too expensive, over $70.

I don't like the way schools here are run..

In my old school in London, everything was about your classes, there were no fun or games, no "Day on the Green," no rallys, no dances, no homecoming, only 2 sports teams, 1 prom, 1 yearbook that is for Year 11 and you have to wear uniform. I didn't have to do this and that. Here people judge me really easily cause I just don't like all that stuff that they do and I don't like to talk to people much. Here it's all about being happy and chill and not caring about anything. That's just not how I am. :( I can't conform to American culture I do not get Americanized like other people do when they come here. I hardly have any friends. Only like, three or four people. Everyone else doesn't talk to me anymore.

And the only person out of those 3/4 who gets me is someone who wasn't born here (moved here when she was 7) and is Dutch and prefers European lifestyle. Coincidence?

plus all my friends have a date for prom and I don't, senior prom is the day after my b-day too which doesn't help cause I don't want to go to prom anyway everything is just making me pessimistic -_-

lol @ Jorgi's response. XD

Here it's all about being happy and chill and not caring about anything.

for real i would swap with you in a heartbeat. here in ye ol' england school is getting me down because it is all about stress and stress and caring about everything and stress and oh did i mention stress and exams and more stress ?

...but i understand everyone's different with personalities and lifestyle clashes, so lara just stick it out, "high school" doesn't last for ever and you can jet back to england in a couple years ! :hug:

Yeah, after uni (which I start in August, for 4 years) I don't know what I'll do. :P haha

No, the education part is easy and more relaxed so I like that, I get you Jorgi, I would freak out about GCSE's/A Levels.

It's just everything ELSE that I just am not and don't want to be a part of...I don't HAVE to be like them. Can't I just be myself?? I never yell at them or get all emo and say shit about them. I'm just really quiet. :neutral:

I found out that apparently you need to be 18 to buy fly spray (to kill flies). Yeah, some stupid foreign woman cashier in Poundland asked me for ID when buying Fly Spray :lol: I thought she was joking, but no she was serious. "I need ID? It's just a fly spray" so after saying no I didn't have ID, she then asked her supervisor who took one look at me, smiled and said I didn't need ID. Still pissed me off. Why do you need ID?

And of course before that I had another run-in with the magnificent post office, who are officially my arch nemesis. So I go to buy stamps again for work, and go straight to the Buerau du Change place instead of the normal cashiers, wait in line there, get to the front and the woman asks me if I've been through the normal cashiers. "No because last time they sent me here". So she says to go to the normal cashiers. 15-20 minutes of waiting later, I get to the front of the main queue only to be greeted with "Cashier number 12 please". So I'm walking past all the cashiers, thinking "where's cashier 12?" and yes, you guessed it - the Buerau du Change place I went to originally :roll: Stuart thought it was funny, but I didn't :P

Fuck these modern marvels that can't recognize the same key in the afternoon which I used this morning. I damn their engineers to the VIII circle and ninth bolgia of hell along with the other sowers of discord. :nono:

In other words, my car's anti-theft system apparently malfunctioned, interrupting the starting sequence of the engine and preventing me from driving anywhere. Meh, who needs a car anyway? I still have my feet to carry me.

You okey? :]

I'm so tired of everything right now. My classmates(most of them) annoy the hell out of me. Seems like everything has to be a popularitycontest. Who does the most things with people, who drinks the most etc. After gym today, when we were changing. All they talked about was if they were gonna drink at this girl's birthdayparty, and she said she didn't know. And then they started like: Can we drink before we get there, so we're already drunk. Me and my bestfriend was like: are you kidding me. and then we just left. it was pathetic. And they mess up all our classes, we have exams in under two weeks. But they screw everything up by getting in fights with teachers over nothing, laughing all the time. Man, i'm glad i'm soon done with this school.

And then there's my mom. she gets on my nerves all the time. She hasn't been working since january because of her asthma and stuff. And now she's home, all the fucking time. And she never leaves me alone. We have never had a super relationship. She just brings out all the insecurity in me. I'm usually a very outgoing person, but if she's around i get really shy and stuff. I have no idea why. I would have been a completely different person if it hadn't been for my dad. but now he's got a new job. he's the boss for over 10 different rehabcenter for disabled children and children with autism. So he's got a lot to do, so he's not home as much as he used too. Right now physiotherapy is the hightlight of the week, not the best sign. My head is exploding because of everything soon. :(

Guro, I'm so sorry about your family situation. That's not good at all. :(:hug:

As for school, there are always people like that, everywhere. They're just pathetic and going to go nowhere with their lives, I know it's hard, but just try to forget about them and do what's best for you!

since i dont have a car atm i havent had a chance to get to the bank and take out money for me and john's prom tickets.

and b/c i havent bought the tickets yet, i havent been able to put my name down at a table. so i check the list today just out of curiosity to see whos sitting where,

and the table i was SUPPOSED to sit at should have had 2 empty seats. ...theres only one.

some whiney little emo chick no one can stand decided to sit there b/c her brother was sitting there and she has no friends going to prom.

so now i'm out of a table for the time being. and i havent been able to talk to anyone else about where they're sitting.

how come out of all my friends, i'm always the one screwed over? :nono: