OFFICIAL RIOT! DISCUSSION THREAD

kerrie

ill admit, i listened to it. but hey, if its on fbr+ - why not.

so here are the only minor flaws i had with the album.. (if anyone cares to hear my opinion, lol =])

well i dont really like what they did to hallelujah. the stuff in the background- like the techno drum beat stuff is not to my liking. but hayleys voice sounds great, and everything else is too.

and the Refused line in born for this ("we want the airwaves back").. i love it live. i absolutely LOVE it live. but on the album.. i think it sounds really badd. i dont mean to come off as like.. rude or anythiing. haha i dont know. this is just my opinion.. i just think her voice is too edited in that part.

and the only other flaw i had.. which is just barley even one.. is that fences does sound like P!atd.. but way better [= the song is still great. so im not complaining [=

otherwise the rest of the album is amazingg. intro in misery business is pretty radd, i must say. the lyrics are absolutely amazing. im extremelyy estatic with Riot! [= cant wait to get it in my hands

edit: and im not saying i dont like hallelujah and born for this at all. i loveee them. every single song on riot! is amazingly stupendous lol [=

and the Refused line in born for this ("we want the airwaves back").. i love it live. i absolutely LOVE it live. but on the album.. i think it sounds really badd. i dont mean to come off as like.. rude or anythiing. haha i dont know. this is just my opinion.. i just think her voice is too edited in that part. [=

YES i agree 100% with you, it totally threw me off. i was like ?! thats like weird and i don't think it is Hayley because it sounds like a man. like also it sounds off key. i don't think they should have done too much with it editing that is, it would have sounded cool as a gang thing better in my opinion.

YES i agree 100% with you, it totally threw me off. i was like ?! thats like weird and i don't think it is Hayley because it sounds like a man. like also it sounds off key. i don't think they should have done too much with it editing that is, it would have sounded cool as a gang thing better in my opinion.

amen to that.

when I first heard it I was like "what's this?"

I like how it sounded live better,it grew on me though,it doesn't sound as out of place as it did before

ill admit, i listened to it. but hey, if its on fbr+ - why not.

so here are the only minor flaws i had with the album.. (if anyone cares to hear my opinion, lol =])

well i dont really like what they did to hallelujah. the stuff in the background- like the techno drum beat stuff is not to my liking. but hayleys voice sounds great, and everything else is too.

and the Refused line in born for this ("we want the airwaves back").. i love it live. i absolutely LOVE it live. but on the album.. i think it sounds really badd. i dont mean to come off as like.. rude or anythiing. haha i dont know. this is just my opinion.. i just think her voice is too edited in that part.

and the only other flaw i had.. which is just barley even one.. is that fences does sound like P!atd.. but way better [= the song is still great. so im not complaining [=

otherwise the rest of the album is amazingg. intro in misery business is pretty radd, i must say. the lyrics are absolutely amazing. im extremelyy estatic with Riot! [= cant wait to get it in my hands

edit: and im not saying i dont like hallelujah and born for this at all. i loveee them. every single song on riot! is amazingly stupendous lol [=

agghh the part that i agreeed with you on was the part where fences sounded a little liek P!ATD but better that's like what i told my friend when i heard it but its still on of my favorites

. And I don't think I'll ever get the chance to see 'small' Paramore.. I reckon they're gonna take off here before they come (if they do).

QUOTE]

At least you got to see them...I've been dying to see them since '05...but the only time they ever got close to here was Warped and I couldn't go.

MY REVIEW OF RIOT

First off, I just listened the the album and that this review is only my first thoughts that came into my head when hearing the songs.

For A Pessimist, I'm Pretty Optimistic - Great album starter. Not much different from the leaked version so I was already used to it. I love how the guitar sounds in the last verse.

That's What You Get - One of my most favourite songs on the album. It made me smile the whole time. :D Like what everyone else said, it is very catchy.

Hallelujah - I knew the were gonna re-record this song but I didn't know they were gonna make it a bit techno-ish. I love it!

Misery Business - The intro scared me lol. Wasn't used to the beginning being like that but I definitely like the old school/mariachi sound to it.

When It Rains - Loved the intro. The guitar was so soft and overall, this song is soft. Which suits the mood I'm in right now 'cause it's cold and raining outside and I'm in no mood to be listening to anything too heavy :P. So a definitely good first impression this song has had on me.

Let The Flames Begin - Totally different sound than AWKIF but nevertheless still a nice song. I think I need to listen to this song a bit more to get the feel for it.

Miracle - Great, GREAT vocals. When it got to the 'whooaa whoaaa whoaaa' part nearing the end, I felt like I was gonna cry. One word - inspirational.

Crushcrushcrush - Probably my most favourite song. I LOVE the intro for some reason haha. It just sounds so cool. Zac's drumming is awesome in this song. The drumming at the end of the chorus' and when she sings the 'rock and roll baby' part makes me wanna dance :P

We Are Broken - Sad song. The ending was great and the drums was especially good in this song too.

Fences - I can definitely see why people think this song is P!ATD-ish. I never hated Panic though so I think listening to this song after 'We Are Broken' definitely complements it.

Born For This - The 'we want the airwaves back' line made me laugh. Like what you guys said, she does sound like a man. My sister thought it was a man singing that line haha. It should have not been edited because I love how that line sounds live, but recorded it sounds iffy.

Overall - 4.5/5

Listening to the sampler kinda ruined the climax of the chorus' in the songs because you've already heard it, but nevertheless the album is definitely a hit.

It is more mellower than AWKIF, but each song all have their own appeal to it and Paramore have grown and you can see that through this album.

^ditto haha everyday all i do it listen to riot songs...by the time i get the cd ill be tired of the songs....NAAHH.

haha thats wat im thinking. im like I really shouldnt listen... but.. ITS SOOO GOOD!

this CD really grew on me.

i hope i dun get sick of it.

but i have listend to AKWIF scince it came out like once every week or soo..

it never gets old

when she sings the 'rock and roll baby' part makes me wanna dance :P

Hahah. Same same.

I was listening to it and I was like 'wait...this doesn't sound like the rest of the song...ohh!!! *starts dancing*'

Haha.

I like.

Edit: I just listened to Fences. I didn't know it would sound like P!ATD THIS much. Daamn. I think it's gonna grow on me though. Lol. It DOES make me wanna dance.

i can't find "born for this" on fbrplus.

it's not on the list of songs.

It's on there, either listen to Fences and wait till the end of it or just fastforward to the end. Right after Fences ends, Born For This starts... even if it's not on the list lol.