OFFICIAL RIOT! DISCUSSION THREAD

kerrie

thegreenmansaid is totally right.

And if more fights in this thread start, it'll be closed again. So i think it's best for everyone if we stop talking about this.

Besides, this latest argument is lame.

...................RIOT!

There's some choir singing added to it, stuck in right before the chorus, and like this synthesizer guitar stuff at the end (sorry, I suck at explaining lol). I mean if you've heard the demo (can we call it that?) enough, you'll notice the differences. The guitars sound sharper. Hayley's voice sounds more mature.

Definetly my favorite song on the album.

Pish I will buy an album when the record companys drop prices tbfh. I like so many bands and they all have albums, how am I expected to pay £10 a pop?

Downloading gets you it for free, early and saves time. If a band is in music for music they wont care for how much money they make.

You say reviewing on Tuesday like a real fan? What if a magazine reviews an album before its out, are they no longer real fans of music?

Btw it seems like I was right ;-)

Pish I will buy an album when the record companys drop prices tbfh. I like so many bands and they all have albums, how am I expected to pay £10 a pop?

Downloading gets you it for free, early and saves time. If a band is in music for music they wont care for how much money they make.

I don't want to start another argument here, but i have to disagree with you.

If you look at the record making break down found in one of these threads, you'll see exactly where the money goes.

The line that bands shouldn't care about money making if they're in it for the music is wrong.

In order to continue to make records, bands need fans to buy their records to cover expenses. If they don't cover the expenses, they are less likely to release more.

And i think if Paramore in particular happen to make a big chunk of change on the side, they deserve it after all the sacrifices they have had to make.

I'm not saying im an angel and don't download, because i do. I wouldn't know about many bands today if i hadn't downloaded their music in the first place.

But i think once you do really love a record you download, you should buy it and support the bands you love.

I do both. I have 4 Alexisonfire albums, Downloaded the albums also.

People complain at singers like Britney and stuff because they only want to make money. Many bands, dont have the money backing, yet still manage to release stuff.

Also what if a band release an awful album. Is it right I have to shell out £10 to get it? No

Ok, I want to take two topics off the table here - one is a discussion of where people got the album and the other is whether downloading a record is right or wrong.

This thread is about discussing RIOT! - not where people got it, not how you got it, not what quality the tracks are that you are listening to...it's all pretty much irrelevant now anyway because the pre-orders ship today, so some folks will possibly have the album in their hands as early as tomorrow. And, the entire album will also be up on FBR+ tomorrow for listening.

And we're not going to have a debate on whether this thread is right or wrong - as admins and moderators of this board, we made the decision to have a thread discussing the album because it became obvious that people did have the record...and if we didn't have this thread, there would just be 10 more like it and we'd be spending all our time either merging those or deleting them up until the release date...and none of us have the time to do that. We decided to draw the line at posting any links to the record that might exist. We're not going to support spreading the album if it has leaked, but we will allow discussion of it, from whatever source people might have heard it.

And yes - PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE BUY THE RECORD ON TUESDAY. That's the most important thing you can do, no matter how you have it or have heard it now. First week album sales are going to be very, very important to the band, so pick up as many copies as you can...

Hope that clears things up...sorry if it comes across harsh or anything, but I really don't want this thread to turn into the type of discussions that have been going on in the livejournal and elsewhere. Just trust that it's ok to talk about the record, but not to post links.

Im can tell you now, Im not buying this

People like you dont deserve it.

Ok, that's enough - this is not a thread for bickering and neither of these posts really add anything to the discussion. Please cut it out - I really don't want to have to ban people, but this thread and these boards are not the place for arguing over things like this.

i've been listening to it all day and i can honestly say that there is not one bad song on the album, some of the songs took a few listens before i liked them, but i do love all the songs. this is the first time i've liked a whole album since AWKIF. i love when it rains, that's what you get and crushcrushcrush the most, but i love all of them. and man, the start to misery business is so cool, i love it! :]

RIOT <3

These past few days i've listened to nothing but RIOT!

I can honestly say it's becoming one of my favorite CDs I own.

It's exactly the kind of CD I enjoy. Rock with pop, and catchy melodies. I seriously can't resist this kind of stuff, and Paramore delivers it with such quality.

Also, the lyrics in most of the songs are fantastic.

This CD is a grower for sure. I liked it the first time I heard it, but I wasn't 100% sold on it. Now I just want to hear it ALL the time, just like when I first purchased "All We Know Is Falling".