Rant Thread - Part 5

thebrowncoat

My neighbour is a fucking retard. He was playing my guitar yesterday night and he was pretty much jamming the fuck out of it...One problem, The fucker sucks.

So an hour goes by he's drinking beer and he's getting more and more obnoxious and after awhile he thinks he's fucking adam lambert at singing and slash at playing. What a tool. So we smoked a little we snorted just because it was his treat and he's still playing. The fucker couldn't play one full song, I wanted to punch him out. But being the coward or nice guy I was, I didn't. Because he was drunk and his girlfriend that was at least 20 years his senior would tell him I kicked his ass when he was sober.

Self conceited. A lot.

Okay, Lara, want another response?

Well, here's one anyway and anyone else reading this, you can learn from this and it can be advice to you to.

I'm 21 years old and do you know what I learnt in my time? Too many things, one being that mental issues with severely fuck you in the proverbial ass if you do not deal with it ASAP.

Whenever I have shit like this going on, I tend to ask for advice at other forum boards where there are older people.

Yes, this place has some great people and no offense to anyone here, but it's hard to have lots of life experience when you're 15-16-17 years old like a lot of people here are and I don't imagine many people here are experts in the field of psychology or, psychotherapy.

Want to feel better? Take it a few steps at a time.

Last year I was SEVERELY mentally ill to the point where my friends found me to be almost unrecognizable in my personality compared to how I used to be.

I showered about twice a week because I was so depressed I did not have the motivation to do it most days.

I basically never left the house and stopped trusting most human beings because I was crippled with anxiety and paranoia problems that stopped me from functioning properly in social/public environments.

I spent most of my day inside listening to music, occasionally going outside for a cigarette and a short break from the computer, and if I had the motivation, play guitar for a while.

Sleep, and repeat the cycle. I was like this for many many months.

Sometimes I would just get fucked up drunk by myself all alone just to ease the shit that was going on in my mind, but ultimately it doesn't really help and it's an extremely short term fix with absolutely no real long term gain.

I basically had no real social life anymore and my life was essentially stuck in 1st gear, going nowhere fast

My real life friends were being replaced by people on the internet.

DO NOT get stuck into that trap of replacing real people with people on the internet.

As much as I thought those people were awesome and I love music so dearly (I play 2 instruments, I study audio engineering, in addition to listening to music), I would be willing to trade half the time I got to spend talking to people on the internet and listening to music for real life human connection and affection.

It's one thing to receive a virtual internet hug.

It's another thing entirely for me to be able to cuddle for a female friend and to be able to cry on their shoulder in real life.

And hell, a kissing emoticon is not ever going to be close to how amazing it feels to kiss someone in real life.

I'm not an asshole, I'm not going to tell you to "man the fuck up" or whatever, because I realize how overwhelming (and how impossible it is, really) it can be to try to solve all these problems at once.

Do you exercise?

If not, start doing it daily from now.

Doesn't matter what the fuck it is, hell, even just getting a bunch of soft things and beating the shit out of them for half an hour will make you feel a lot better.

I do it almost daily, beat the crap out of soft things. It releases endorphins, and it also relieves part of my build up of stress.

Eat well. You might think it's a joke, but it's not. I changed my diet around and noticed that since I had an increase in energy, I started to feel better more often.

Feeling healthy = more confidence which can = more happiness.

Have a decent social life happening.

I get out and hang with my friends at least 2 days a week now, more if possible. It just feels good to have real human interaction.

Beyond this, if this doesn't help you enough, seek professional help.

Talking to friends is not a substitute for professional help.

I used to see a mental health counselor, and while at the time I thought it was useless, in retrospect the fact she was able to lay it down in front of me, tell me the realities and just tell me I had to take it one small step at a time helped me immensely on my road to recovery.

I'm still not "cured" as such, but I am far more functional and able minded than I was 18 months ago.

Life will not get any easier, unless you win 30 million dollars in the lottery and never have to work ever again.

And even then life still isn't easy, because having the financial bases covered doesn't guarantee an automatically good life.

As you get older you're just going to face more difficulties and hardship, but ultimately we just have to battle on and just face the challenges.

Take it or leave it, here's my advice for you Lara.

Even if not all of it applies to you, others here might find something useful in my post if they care to read it.

Good luck on getting things sorted out:hug:

jee whizz you don't half talk a lot harrison !! i don't think i have that many words stored in my brain.

i have a minor rant. not really a rant. annoyance.

....i'm stressed the fuck out, and i need to book a dentist appointment but i literally haven't been for years and have never actually booked one before and i'm nervous.

...see really pathetic BUT C'MON MAN.

Small rant, but why do people be so lazy that they make acronyms out of band names? Fair enough do it with bands that everyone knows but when it's unknown new bands it annoys me cause I sit there and think "What the fuck is that supposed to be?"

Small rant, but why do people be so lazy that they make acronyms out of band names? Fair enough do it with bands that everyone knows but when it's unknown new bands it annoys me cause I sit there and think "What the fuck is that supposed to be?"

Maybe the kinda people who do that are those that think theyve found a cool new bands thats "theirs" and stop liking them when they start to become bigger? I dunno...

Anyways, left my bloody flat keys back home at my mams and had to get the watchman guy to open it, but that means i cant lock it untill i leave again on thursday, so im scared to leave the house, Im a plonker :nono:

I hate people who don't give a damn about the sports they play. Especially seeing I am a person whose life is basketball. Every year, all I care about is playing basketball. I practice every fucking day. Even after practice, I come home and practice more. I give 110% every practice and every game. I only respect one person (and the coaches) on my basketball team because I knows she cares as much as I do. If you aren't going to commit to the sport and give it your all, get your ass off the court.

Our PK has been atrocious tonight. Biron's always been shakey for us too, need to stop splitting time with him and Roloson 50-50 and start playing Roloson more. I shouldn't be so fussed about my second team but meh.

Oh fuck off Carter, you complete cunt.

thanks for that post Harry, it meant a lot.

I've always tried my best to eat healthy haha, I know how much of a difference it can make, and it's crucial to do that anyway!

the exercise part is a problem I don't do as much of that as I used to :P

and yeah, the social thing too, I try and do that as much as I can as well.

this past month just hit me pretty hard, I'm slowly getting over it though, now that the semester is almost over (got 2 exams left, last one is next Tuesday) and ya know, things are probably looking up (thanks Paramore.) :P

:)