Politics

lilley_1

First off no one should be aloud to force you to volunteer, secondly, she said it was on the Rush Limbaugh show, but it's also on the Obama's website as well.

And lastly him saying that about 57 states doesn't mean he's muslim, however, I would like to think our president is aware on the number of states.

agreed.

obama is way too inexperienced to be president and his associations make him more questionable. Also I haven't checked this site out but it was on Rush Limbaughs show. Its the Obamas new website which details all of his stupid plans http://www.change.gov

The most stupid of it is forcing high school students to complete 50 hours of community service , college kids 100 hours, and even some hours to the elderly every year. This is at worst slavery and at best indentured servitude. It should be illegal. Our only hope is that things don't get past. At least republicans can still fillibuster. If Dems got the 60 seat majority we would've been screwed.

that is SO fucked up

The most stupid of it is forcing high school students to complete 50 hours of community service , college kids 100 hours , and even some hours to the elderly every year. This is at worst slavery and at best indentured servitude. It should be illegal.

I have no idea about American stuff, but thought I'd just mention that if kids actually do this community service, it would look good on their CVs. I mean I got my current job from volunteering in the first place, so the system works. Obviously if it became compulsory for everyone then it wouldn't work so well, because everyone would have it on their CV. But I'm just saying there's pros to that "proposal".

And lastly him saying that about 57 states doesn't mean he's muslim, however, I would like to think our president is aware on the number of states.

Would good ol' George Dubya know how many states there are? :lol: Sorry but I had to post it :P

I'm curious to know what kind of puppy Obama will buy or bough to his daughter. :P

Sorryyy kinda of topic but Joan supports Obama! :hyper:

lol.

I'm kinda curious about that as well.

I bet all types of people will be trying to give them a puppy, just so they can be like "omg the president gave his daughters one of my puppies! "

First off Rush Limbaugh is the worst source in the world so mentioning his name in arguments hurts your reputation. Secondly do you even know what the point is of having kids complete community service hours? The point is you do those community service hours in exchange for money to help with college, so no your wrong its not slavery or anything even close to it onto to the next pointless argument.

Not putting his hand over his heart during pledge of allegiance, how is not doing so mean you are immediately anti American you can not make hasty generalizations like that its unintelligent and immature. Next, not wearing a flag pin...WHO GIVES A FUCK? Go back through all the videos of all the candidates running for president over the past couple years and there are videos of all of them not wearing pins at some point during some speech or interview or whatever, an American pin being one of your arguments why he will be a bad president is unintelligent and immature. As for reverend Wright apparently you are one of those people who believe in guilty by association, under that rationale if you know anyone who has ever done anything wrong or even if they just know you then you are a bad person, sorry. You are a probably a bad person then, you might want to get a mental alignment.

First off no one should force you to do community service for money. At best its bribary, at worse its indentured servitude (look it up cause a person like you doesn't know what that means).

Secondly I said I heard the website on the show (my dad has it on all the time). The website is the official website of the presidential elect. He was just criticizing it on the show. I wasn't taking any of his arguments cause the community service thing I already knew.

Thirdly I don't beleive I mention the unpatriotic thing but I will now. I know that not all the presidents wear it all the time but he made a point of not wearing. It wasn't like "Oh I don't feel like wearing it today" but rather "I'm not wearing cause I hate America". Look back at the primaries and you'll see this.

Fourthly if he had one bad association I wouldn't mind it and would probably ignore. However when you combine Wright, Ayers, and Acorn it doesn't paint a pretty picture.

Lastly how dare you say that I'm mentally unstable for not agreeing with you views. If I said you needed a mental realignment you would flip out (along with every other dem on here *hint* courtney and casey *hint*)

I'm a moderate and I think that Obama was the worst possible choice for president. As I've said earlier I would even rather have Hilary Clinton than Obama (McCain was still the best choice though).

OBAMA IS NOT MUSLIM. Jesus Christ, some people just do not get it, even if he were Muslim at some point what does it even matter? The radical Muslims are the people you should be worried about. As for McCain being in the senate for 20 years and not accomplishing much doesn't really add up to experience for me. He could be in the senate for 50 years but that doesn't make him anymore qualified if he is making bad decisions. As for Palin she was the biggest mistake to the Republican campaign. She didn't know that Africa was a continent and could not even explain what it is that the vice president does. She is not even qualified to work at McDonalds let alone run a nation if something happened to McCain.

your kidding right?

palin at least ran a state. OBAMA HASNT DONE ANYTHING! he was in the senate for 18 months. he said voted "present" 100 times but hardly ever actually voted on an issue.

democrats lack common sense.

oh well. wen obama screws us up at least i cant say i told u so.

just so you know, my school forces us to do twenty hours every year, and i get by. its actually fun if you get into it.

I've done like over 100 hours, I've been volunteering since 6th grade. It's fun. But noone should have the right to force you to do it.

I've done like over 100 hours, I've been volunteering since 6th grade. It's fun. But noone should have the right to force you to do it.

schools force you to do it. it's not really the same thing but its good to get people involved in the community. i've been a softball coach for four years and its rewarding to me and to them.

i'm no obama fan, but this is really not the worst thing that could happen.

schools force you to do it. it's not really the same thing but its good to get people involved in the community. i've been a softball coach for four years and its rewarding to me and to them.

i'm no obama fan, but this is really not the worst thing that could happen.

Aahaha, I'm aware of that. :P

I can't imagine what that will be, but I'm sure it's coming.

My school doesn't make us, certain colleges require it, but not mine, nor my high school.

surely mississippi would need a higher IQ to spell the damn thing...
:rotfl::rotfl:

my school only requires 10. i have 0. so if they make alot of comunity service madatory... looks like im not graduating. i have no time.

i think im getting those ten some time over xmas break. but still.

the gov shouldnt make it mandatory.

:rotfl::rotfl:

my school only requires 10. i have 0. so if they make alot of comunity service madatory... looks like im not graduating. i have no time.

i think im getting those ten some time over xmas break. but still.

the gov shouldnt make it mandatory.

that's what's not fair about it. there are already a milllion requirements as it is. and some kids have no way to volunteer (no transportation, or parents or w/e). and if everyone is out volunteering all the good places will get taken and there will be no where left.

me too, its making me slightly terrified.

same here.

:[

that's what's not fair about it. there are already a milllion requirements as it is. and some kids have no way to volunteer (no transportation, or parents or w/e). and if everyone is out volunteering all the good places will get taken and there will be no where left.

:[

Thats a good point.

exactly! i have tennis for about 3 hours after school every day. 4 hours on game days. then home work. cuase clearly i want to spend wat little free time i have volenteering. yes its good for colleges. but mandatory... no.

lol.

I'm kinda curious about that as well.

I bet all types of people will be trying to give them a puppy, just so they can be like "omg the president gave his daughters one of my puppies! "

Wee good to hear that someone is as curious as me, haha. :rotfl: And definetely yeah! I think I would try to give one of puppies (which I don't have) to Barack. :P

First off no one should force you to do community service for money. At best its bribary, at worse its indentured servitude (look it up cause a person like you doesn't know what that means).

Secondly I said I heard the website on the show (my dad has it on all the time). The website is the official website of the presidential elect. He was just criticizing it on the show. I wasn't taking any of his arguments cause the community service thing I already knew.

Thirdly I don't beleive I mention the unpatriotic thing but I will now. I know that not all the presidents wear it all the time but he made a point of not wearing. It wasn't like "Oh I don't feel like wearing it today" but rather "I'm not wearing cause I hate America". Look back at the primaries and you'll see this.

Fourthly if he had one bad association I wouldn't mind it and would probably ignore. However when you combine Wright, Ayers, and Acorn it doesn't paint a pretty picture.

Lastly how dare you say that I'm mentally unstable for not agreeing with you views. If I said you needed a mental realignment you would flip out (along with every other dem on here *hint* courtney and casey *hint*)

I'm a moderate and I think that Obama was the worst possible choice for president. As I've said earlier I would even rather have Hilary Clinton than Obama (McCain was still the best choice though).

You are stupid, im sorry it has come to insults but reason doesn't work on you apparently. How much more clearly do I need to explain things? Some of the most idiotic comments are coming out of this thread. Its disgusting. Don't just keep saying the same stupid shit when you have something intelligent to say we can talk.

You are stupid, im sorry it has come to insults but reason doesn't work on you apparently. How much more clearly do I need to explain things? Some of the most idiotic comments are coming out of this thread. Its disgusting. Don't just keep saying the same stupid shit when you have something intelligent to say we can talk.

then why ru on this thread if all we're saying is "idiotic"?!? ahahaha. wow.

liberalism is a mental disorder.