First Impressions - brand new eyes

kwik-silva

The more I listen to it, the more I love it. I'm almost addicted!

i feel the same.

i mean, tbh, i wasn't very hooked at the beginning. but now that i've been listening to it almost the whole afternoon & evening, i'm really starting to love it. just as All i wanted ends, i just have to start it all again. haha

i havent heard anything but BBBB, ignorance and where the lines overlap... all of which i really like, but i think ignorance is the weaker of the three...

i for the first time ever am waiting till the album comes out to listen... because i dont want first listen to be shitty recordings, i want the real deal

I wouldn't say it's more mature i'd say that it's trying to come across as mature but is not quite there. In an odd way the album confirms that fact that it's Hayley Williams band more than anything else

i havent heard anything but BBBB, ignorance and where the lines overlap... all of which i really like, but i think ignorance is the weaker of the three...

i for the first time ever am waiting till the album comes out to listen... because i dont want first listen to be shitty recordings, i want the real deal

There is a FLAC leak of the album so the shitty recordings are long gone

Okay, I cracked and listened to the stream posted in the PFC.

My only complaint is that I wish there were some harder songs on it- like Ignorance and Decode. My faves on first listen are: BBBB, Playing God, All I Wanted, Careful, Ignorance and Misguided Ghosts. The others, I like them, but they are gonna have to grow on me a little. Overall, I think it's a great album. Really shows their progression as people and as a band.

k after about 6 listens, misguided ghosts is still the best. actually it will probably be track of the year to be honest. no song i have heard this year has made me feel that way. and i think the shortness of it makes it that much better. cuz you want more, but you dont get it.

im not seeing all the hate that "the only exception" is getting. I think it is a really beautiful song, a bit repetitive but otherwise i like it alot. playing god is just as good as i thought it would be. i actually think its one of the better songs on the album. AP was right tho in that the second half is just as good as the first half, whereas with riot that wasnt the case (although i love born for this no matter what for personal reasons). misguided and all i wanted is an amazing closing to the album and i couldnt have been more impressed with the layout of the album.

careful is prime paramore and leading into ignorance it is perfect for the start. both tracks are great imo. BBBB has the best bridge of the album, and i liked it more than ignorance the first time i heard it. overall the entire album is great though. and it took a lot less listens to love it than it did with riot. awkif, its still probably the best, but get back to me in a few months and we will see if my opinion changes.

top 3:

misguided

BBBB

turn it off

bottom 3: (for the sake of ranking, doesnt mean i dont like them)

the only exception

looking up

feeling sorry