This is the most boring forum ever

the1

this...

and like i said, i don't see you starting any threads that make it more interesting. don't complain unless you ATTEMPT to make it more interesting. stop being lazy and stop depending on others on the forum to entertain YOU.

just for future reference, before attacking james about not making an effort, look at old threads

a lot of older threads that actually sparked some interesting conversation besides "what did you eat for dinner" were started by james

he HAS attempted to make it more interesting

just for future reference, before attacking james about not making an effort, look at old threads

a lot of older threads that actually sparked some interesting conversation besides "what did you eat for dinner" were started by james

he HAS attempted to make it more interesting

it wasn't directed directly at him.

it was just in general.

:D

I still don't see why everyone is saying there need to be more serious threads without actually going and making serious threads. And I don't mean a debate thread or anything like that. You can have legitimate conversations in a thread that isn't a debate.

And if you're honestly relying on an internet forum to be your source of entertainment.... well, I'm just not going to say anything about that....

i think the threads here is fun, but sometimes people just talk to or only replies to people they also know. and you're right, talking about religion and political views wouldnt work, even if you're mature enough, there will come a time that you'll get pissed of and we dont want a heated arguement on the forum. in my opinion, if you think its boring, then dont go to that thread, cause some people find it fun. like me, i only go to threads interesting to me. that's why we have a vast selection, there will be some threads that you find boring but this forum is not only made for you, so also consider that other people find it fun too.

I still don't see why everyone is saying there need to be more serious threads without actually going and making serious threads. And I don't mean a debate thread or anything like that. You can have legitimate conversations in a thread that isn't a debate.

And if you're honestly relying on an internet forum to be your source of entertainment.... well, I'm just not going to say anything about that....

For goodness sake. :???:

How the hell has people's opinions of just simply wishing there were more interesting things to be talking about turned into their "source of entertainment".

Clearly that is not the case, and just a vast over-exaggeration of what people have said.

If people dont express their opinions on the forum, then it can never improve, and before anyone say's there's nothing wrong with the forum. I never said there was. Just like anything else in life. There is always room for improvement.

And point 2. If you read post's above yours. You'll find people have done in the past and they've just drifted down the page because people didnt take part and were more interested in telling each other it was time to go for dinner.

• Like 1

i think the threads here is fun, but sometimes people just talk to or only replies to people they also know. and you're right, talking about religion and political views wouldnt work, even if you're mature enough, there will come a time that you'll get pissed of and we dont want a heated arguement on the forum.

You can talk about politics or religion without getting heated or into an argument. In threads like that, to me it shows who is mature enough to actually discuss it and listen to other people.

You can talk about politics or religion without getting heated or into an argument. In threads like that, to me it shows who is mature enough to actually discuss it and listen to other people.

And the key word in this is mature. I am sorry to say but most of the ppl in here aren't mature enough to have that conversation without geting mad at eachother. When that happends i will be glad do discus some real life themes... till then...:shifty:

and yeah i am loving the idea of moving some threads into Games *tumbs up*

If people dont express their opinions on the forum, then it can never improve, and before anyone say's there's nothing wrong with the forum. I never said there was. Just like anything else in life. There is always room for improvement.

And point 2. If you read post's above yours. You'll find people have done in the past and they've just drifted down the page because people didnt take part and were more interested in telling each other it was time to go for dinner.

I agreeee. It will never be what people want it to be unless they start converations, start threads they think could bring interesting discussions etc. Surely there are enough "mature" people who could have a debate-type conversation without getting worked up over other peoples opinions.

I think the forums fine, but thats my opinion, cause I think some of the threads we have already are interesting enough. Not everyone will find the same threads interesting, but its up to them to create what threads they want, or you can't really complain that it's not there already.

I'm now asking this from you guys who think that this board can't handle a real discussion/debate. Is that thought based on your actual experiences with past debates here? Because I honestly think that the discussions and debates here have been totally fine for a long time now, and this IT'S ONLY MY OPINION BUT YOU CAN'T TAKE IT OH IT IS SUCH A STRANGE THING -bullshit is outdated and doesn't really correlate with the reality. The reason why there isn't much discussion about topics that some of us might see as "true" or "interesting" is because there's only so much talk that the same handful of people can generate and there's still a huge chunk of members who aren't interested in those topics at all. I've learnt to accept it, though, but reallyseriously, it's not a question of maturity.

Must say, I'm fucking glad one of our own Mods, Ross, stepped up to the plate and admitted too that this place was pretty boring. If one of our own mods even says so, it's a big indication of a serious lack of quality discussions.

Some people equate opinionated with "asshole" so if you are one of them, then so be it, I'm a major fucking asshole. Although I don't really understand why something would make that connection, but anyway.

James may a straight to the point dude with all the subtlety of having your genitals severed with a butcher knife, but I honestly do believe he is really a nice humble guy in real life.

Difference between him and many people is that he has something to say.

You might hate me for it, you might agree with all of my points, maybe only some of my points, I really don't know.

So be warned, if you don't like blunt , honest as fuck opinions, stop reading my post right now, cos right now I'll be the guy to "go there", where no one else in this thread has yet.

I've seen threads about Hayley's height, Hayley's shoe size.

I've seen threads about Josh's engagement, Josh's lip piercing, Josh's muscles, what shop Josh buys his shoes from.

A thread about how "ZAC IS FINE".

A thread about Taylor's hair.

I want to know something.

Surely I am not the only one that finds threads like these to be utterly fucking pathetic and shallow?

Why the fuck would you care about Hayley's exact height in centimeters? Do you not realize how creepy and obsessive that kind of shit is?

Why the fuck do you care about Josh's personal life enough that you have to ask about HIS fucking engagement? His engagement.

Worry about your OWN engagement or an engagement of your friends or family members, not some fucking guy in a band you don't even know personally.

Is Taylor's hair actually that interesting enough to warrant starting a thread on it and discussion? It's just fucking hair folks, most of us have it, our friends and family probably have it too.

Anyone that cares about Josh's engagement, Hayley's relationship with that "Chad" dude really needs to stop living their live through the images and words of celebrities.

If you are of the above, go out there and fulfill you own goddamn life and make something of it and do something positive for people you know personally, rather than wanting to know what should be private and personal details of celebrity figures to fill the void in your shallow, miserable, pathetic life.

A. Take that as an insult or.

B. Take that as advice as to how you improve yourself as a human being which will also have the side benefit of having a positive effect on others around you.

When I stopped worrying about superficial bullshit, I felt better about the world around me and myself.

"OH BUT YOU DON'T HAVE TO LOOK IN THOSE THREADS, JUST IGNORE IT!"

No, FUCK YOU. Don't clog up the fucking forum board with those bullshit, shallow as shit and inane threads in the first place. Keep the shallow talk to the Infamous spam thread or your MSN contacts or whatever and reserve the actual Paramore forum for things about the band that are ACTUALLY INTERESTING AND MEANINGFUL.

• Like 2

Must say, I'm fucking glad one of our own Mods, Ross, stepped up to the plate and admitted too that this place was pretty boring. If one of our own mods even says so, it's a big indication of a serious lack of quality discussions.

Some people equate opinionated with "asshole" so if you are one of them, then so be it, I'm a major fucking asshole. Although I don't really understand why something would make that connection, but anyway.

James may a straight to the point dude with all the subtlety of having your genitals severed with a butcher knife, but I honestly do believe he is really a nice humble guy in real life.

You might hate me for it, you might agree with all of my points, maybe only some of my points, I really don't know.

So be warned, if you don't like blunt , honest as fuck opinions, stop reading my post right now, cos right now I'll be the guy to "go there", where no one else in this thread has yet.

I've seen threads about Josh's engagement, Josh's lip piercing, Josh's muscles, what shop Josh buys his shoes from.

Surely I am not the only one that finds threads like these to be utterly fucking pathetic and shallow?

Why the fuck would you care about Hayley's exact height in centimeters? Do you not realize how creepy and obsessive that kind of shit is?

Why the fuck do you care about Josh's personal life enough that you have to ask about HIS fucking engagement? His engagement.

Worry about your OWN engagement or an engagement of your friends or family members, not some fucking guy in a band you don't even know personally.

Is Taylor's hair actually that interesting enough to warrant starting a thread on it and discussion? It's just fucking hair folks, most of us have it, our friends and family probably have it too.

Anyone that cares about Josh's engagement, Hayley's relationship with that "Chad" dude really needs to stop living their live through the images and words of celebrities.

If you are of the above, go out there and fulfill you own goddamn life and make something of it and do something positive for people you know personally, rather than wanting to know what should be private and personal details of celebrity figures to fill the void in your shallow, miserable, pathetic life.

B. Take that as advice as to how you improve yourself as a human being which will also have the side benefit of having a positive effect on others around you.

When I stopped worrying about superficial bullshit, I felt better about the world around me and myself.

No, FUCK YOU. Don't clog up the fucking forum board with those bullshit, shallow as shit and inane threads in the first place. Keep the shallow talk to the Infamous spam thread or your MSN contacts or whatever and reserve the actual Paramore forum for things about the band that are ACTUALLY INTERESTING AND MEANINGFUL.

I lol'd and nodded my head at the same time.

Spot on dude! You've said what some people on here think, no doubt about it, just sometimes, some of us have the balls to come out and say it.

This is your first long post that i actually read to the end :mrgreen:

and i agree with everything you said. Rep for this :)

Harry, let's assume your target audience will see the light. Will they suddenly shift their focus to quality discussion? Or not even to quality, but to something interesting and meaningful? Probably not, because the opportunity's always been there but they've chosen not to take part in it. Would these boards improve by getting rid of that inane bullshit that you see clogging this place up? Well, it depends on whether you want to see this place shaped like YOU want it to be or not. If the answer is yes, then sure, it would improve. What would those people think who come here to discuss the things that you hate? They could either go somewhere else, accept the new state of the board, or start complaining about the board not being the way they want it.

Yes, exactly. Fuck YOU for thinking you can decide what this board is here for. I'm not particularly interested on how many toes Zac has either, but there's always the possibility of staying away from those discussions that you don't want to take part in. That's what I've done, and it has worked well.

Stop worrying about superficial bullshit like this and stop with the fucking life coaching that's directed at the kinds of people that I don't even see around here. Those who want more interesting things to discuss will continue doing just that, regardless of the "clog" being present or not. I know I would've never bothered joining this board if there had been this kind of standard of what's open to discussion and what's not.

I'm not gonna lie, I don't enjoy posting on here as much as I used to. It's mainly because the same threads get posted in over and over again, meaning that there is no new discussion to get people interested in.

I think cleaning up the boards a bit is a good idea. Maybe then more meaningful threads will open and stimulate some intelligent conversation. I have nothing against the pointless 'what are you...' threads, (hell, I post in them a lot myself), but sometimes it can get a little repetitive and uninspiring. There's only a certain amount of 'what is the last thing you stuck up your arse?' that I can take. And yes, I am aware that topic isn't a thread, but you get my gist. :)

Sometimes I love you Harry.

But I think Chris summed it up perfectly...

This is a "Paramore" forum.

I'm sure that say's a lot of things.

...I would have repped him, but it wouldn't let me :(:P

This isnt my topic. To long stories :']

lol

I still think it's pretty funny and stupid that people care so much about how boring a forum is. Like I said, you don't need it, you just want it. It's not a big deal. There are other Paramore and music forums out there, and there are other websites to go on. There is Facebook and Twitter, miniclip, addicting games, Yahoo! and so on. Who cares? :P I mean, like I said, this is coming from someone who is known to over react and be paranoid, and spend a lot of time on the internet. I don't even care how ENTHUSIASTIC or how BORING this place is. If I have people on here I like to talk to, and I enjoy a thread here or there, then I'm fine. I just don't know why it's a big deal.

And like Pekka said, the threads that you don't like or think are irrelevant...You can just ignore. Maybe it's just me, but I prefer things being quiet because that's just who I am. I don't like crowded places, I don't like being with too many people, I'm shy at parties and dances. I suck. :P

(Also, Harry - I think you need to copy and paste that, make it a little brief and change your wording so that it fits the people of Parasecrets. Cause as weird as you think people on here may be, they don't reach the CREEPINESS and also INCONSIDERATE BEHAVIOUR that is Parasecrets. I know that's off topic, but that's the first thing that came into my mind as I was reading your post. The things people find out and post on there blows my mind. "Why does Hayley wear a black bra under white tank tops?" "Why do Paramore like plaid so much?" I never thought of those things until they were posted on there. They care to the point of obsession. TRUE obsession. Not what people on post here, it doesn't come close.)

• Like 1